Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    I know your pain. I myself and a few other random people I met along the way have been farming these since release. These situations with the griefing made us really hate Kun-lai and Jade forest in particular because we always knew that no matter how nice some guys sounded, there was always 1 that liked to chain taunt and get help with a knockback. Fortunately after a few days of farming I finally got my direhorn, and how i got it was quite satisfying.
    Me and my group were at Kun-lai, preparing for the worst and spamming our macros to try get the tag, it spawned and we got the tag. We all knew what was coming so me and a fellow druid starting taunting and typhooning it up the hill away from the cliff. Even at 5% these idiots were still trying to taunt with no success. The warbringer died and hey ho a mount dropped, and i won. I immediately mounted it and lol'd at everyone of the morons that tried to steal our tag. Im still with the group that helped me get this and am passing on every mount. I have mine, and will get the rest when these arent so mainstream. But I really cannot believe how immature some people can act over a mob... I know it drops a mount but seriously... That kind of behaviour just gives you a bad name.

    I have already sent a suggestion to blizzard to make the warbringers untauntable and unknockable, and even mentioned it to a GM. Even move them to new locations, but this would probably take time and it wont change the chain taunting.
    Last edited by Serelean; 2013-03-11 at 12:20 AM.

  2. #22
    Wait, they introduce this great new and shiny rare-tagging tech and then don´t use it on tags/rares? Wtf.

  3. #23
    9000% agreed.

    the whole Crossrealm phasing for rare farm is retarded too. i wanted to get the 300% EXP potion to lvl up my warlock faster. went to the rare that drops it and yeah he spawned and was instanly in fight with someone from another server. but since i really wanted it i was asking my whole battlenet friends to invite me for phasing to see if the rare is up on their servers.
    just because other people did that too and killed it on my server i was forced to annoy my friends with "inv pls phasing" over and over again to get what i want.
    this is a game but the whole rare mob camping, rare mob resetting, crossrealm phasing just doesnt make any fun but if you really want whatever they drop you have to do it to increase your chances. This system just feels retarded

    i dont blame the people bugging your rares to get a higher chance for themselves, i blame the system that forces them to do so to get what they want.

  4. #24
    The problem is, it's often people from the same and not the enemy faction disrupting and griefing because they themselves want the tags. It makes people fight and get very, very, very angry at times.

    Another problem I personally have is that some classes are forced to rely upon others because it is nigh impossible for them to sele the warbringers while other classes can do it with nearly no problem whatsoever.

    Personally I feel forced to level on the most dead realm I could find to do them with a DK because on mine every single last spawn is camped by several groups even at 4 am.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurerz View Post

    On top of this, Blizzard thought it would be a good idea to put in three colours from the rares. "But different colours are nice!" You say? Wrong. I'm a girl. I understand the importance of different colours. I must've spent atleast 5k on each character I have at the barbers alone.
    what?

    it's like 20 gold to change your hair colour

    I probably do it every 6 months.....

  6. #26
    This is why I no longer hunt for these, its not worth the pain in the ass.

  7. #27
    As a person who has been farming this all day, i must say it is some of the most fun ive had. Crazy frustrating but such a surge of excitement and having to overcome factors you're not used to like a taunt tug of war from a druid who was trying to push it off the cliff. Still some of the best fun ive had in a while.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  8. #28
    I haven't had much trouble with people griefing over it. Although I have friends phase me to low pop servers. I'm at about 70 kills so far because ive been up all night camping all 5 for a few nights. No mount yet...guess im just unlucky but if your having troubles have friends phase you to a different server

  9. #29
    Pandaren Monk Mukki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ANC! ANC! ANC!
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    Or you can have fun with it and fight over them like everybody else. All out wars cross faction are awesome, In jade and kun lai's if you're a druid and you're getting roflpwnt by a group of allies you can leap off the cliff, about halfway down you can pop into flight form but you still have the tag, so then they either do the work for you or realize it and have to kill themselves to get it to reset. I've gotten myself all 3 and a few friends multiple ones and we've never griefed anybody who didn't mess with us first, but this is the most fun I've had while I'd normally be afking than I've had in wow in years.
    The only caveat is that you can't use flight form unless you're out of combat, lol.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    This is why I no longer hunt for these, its not worth the pain in the ass.
    Haven't tried and not going to until next expansion when I can run over them and turn them into roadkill. Unless blizzard does something to adress this.

    If they won't add the tag sharing feature, how about making them immune to taunt?
    Last edited by Exeris; 2013-03-11 at 02:31 AM.
    It's almost always the wrong argument to compare yourself to the highest DPS specs out there. "Middle of the pack" is actually where everyone is supposed to be. -Ghostcrawler
    DPS Tuning
    •Yes, this is a roller coaster. Our process is to try things out and iterate if we don't like them. If the churn offends you, just hang on for another week or two.

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans Matt0193's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    2,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    The only caveat is that you can't use flight form unless you're out of combat, lol.
    The drop on most of the cliffs is so long that you can drop and leave combat before you hit anything.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  12. #32
    Herald of the Titans Theodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Wrong. Myself and a guildie reported a horde DK for endlessly (as in, hours upon hours) killing alliance quest NPCs in Zangarmarsh on a PvE realm about a month before Mists hit, he was spamming gloat emotes and spitting on people, etc - guess what, he got a 72 hour ban. I know because he whispered me about a week later, on a level 1 alliance toon, told me who he was and apologized. Actually said he 'learned his lesson'.
    You've had 1 experience that goes against what the person you quoted described, and you feel that disproves the entire argument? One instance of a player getting banned for griefing doesn't mean the majority of griefers don't get away with it also. It's becoming more and more difficult to get a GM to take a ticket seriously, which is probably due to the amount of tickets people make that just waste time + the cutbacks on player support roles.

  13. #33
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    170
    I gave up going to the spawn locations because I know on my server they will be dead or have a small team of douchebags camping them.

    I come across a mage and warlock one night who were trying to kill a Warbringer and seemed to be having a rough time. There were also two alliance there, a DK and a rogue, trying to kill/grief them. Myself and another mage were in the area and asked if we could help them and asked to be invited to their group. They completely ignored us. Even when the rare reset (they immediately re-tagged it), we asked again if they wanted help, and no answer. The other mage got angry and logged into his alliance rogue to help the other 2 alliance grief them, he couldn't believe how selfish they were being. I just flew around and watched the whole debacle. It took them a good 15 minutes to down this rare with alliance grief.

    A day earlier I had found a Warbringer and asked if anyone wanted to help kill it since I didn't see anyone in the immediate area. Then a brewmaster monk comes along and starts to pull him (by himself). I invited to him join a group, but he was already in a group. I asked if I could join, and no answer. Then 3 of his other guildies eventually come and help him a little while later. I now know never to help any of their guild mates ever again with anything.

    I get that they drop a mount, but the incredible selfishness of people is outstanding.

  14. #34
    Bloodsail Admiral Jawless Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The last place you look
    Posts
    1,016
    between crz and this new feature im starting to believe blizzard is trying to turn the community on itself...

    for what reason? i have no bloody idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    alliance quest NPCs in Zangarmarsh on a PvE realm
    Well killing quest npcs for hours actually can grant you some account action but I don't really see how this situation is comparable as I still have to see you getting banned for say resetting one of those rares five times because someone else had it. If that would be the case at least 7/10 people farming those mobs on my server would have now a well deserved compulsory break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    the cutbacks on player support roles.
    Personally I assume it is mostly this. Especially the "report xyz" function always tends to remind me of chief Wiggum's imaginary typewriter.

  16. #36
    Agree with the OP, it's pretty crappy, and honestly I can't stand it even more that there's certain classes that can solo them. I'm sure with enough gear even more borderline classes/specs will, as a rogue who's a rare hunter, achievement whore, pet collector etc, I hate crap like this because I hate having to rely on others simply because of my class choice when eventually I'm sure most everyone else will be able to solo it.

  17. #37
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliannan View Post
    I get that they drop a mount, but the incredible selfishness of people is outstanding.
    People don't let others inside their group BECAUSE they drop a mount. Most people don't give two craps about the crafting mats, or even the rep tokens; it's all about the mounts. If I've been farming for hours and hours, the last thing I want is to invite someone into the group so they can help kill it, and then have THEM get the mount. And frankly, when I was soloing them in a blood spec in DPS gear, I didn't really have time to type out my rules and then change it to master looter while constantly dodging meteors.

    Now, when I did away with the soloing and made a group (three of us: two tanks and a DPS able to kite) to help dominate the spawns around Pandaria, we WOULD invite people in that asked to be invited in AFTER I point blank told them "alright, but you wont get the mount if it drops." If they agreed, I'd let them in. Hell, I even let them have free rolls on the other crap the warbringers dropped.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  18. #38
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    People don't let others inside their group BECAUSE they drop a mount. Most people don't give two craps about the crafting mats, or even the rep tokens; it's all about the mounts. If I've been farming for hours and hours, the last thing I want is to invite someone into the group so they can help kill it, and then have THEM get the mount. And frankly, when I was soloing them in a blood spec in DPS gear, I didn't really have time to type out my rules and then change it to master looter while constantly dodging meteors.
    This is the problem. I understand Blizz wants to make rare drops in the world and have competition, but it's getting to a point (if not already at this point) where people are "MUST HAVE THIS NOW, MUST DESTROY AND BE RUDE TO EVERYONE TO GET IT" mentality. I don't think putting a mount into these specific rares was a good idea when people are just plain out rude, camping, or grieving to gain access to them. For me, I don't care so much about the mounts. I would like to kill them for the achievement (I'm an achievement hunter) - but that is something you can't convince these people as they are literally paranoid you will ninja "THEIR" precious item from them IF it does drop - IF. Even just coming along to HELP them kill it..

  19. #39
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliannan View Post
    This is the problem. I understand Blizz wants to make rare drops in the world and have competition, but it's getting to a point (if not already at this point) where people are "MUST HAVE THIS NOW, MUST DESTROY AND BE RUDE TO EVERYONE TO GET IT" mentality. I don't think putting a mount into these specific rares was a good idea when people are just plain out rude, camping, or grieving to gain access to them. For me, I don't care so much about the mounts. I would like to kill them for the achievement (I'm an achievement hunter) - but that is something you can't convince these people as they are literally paranoid you will ninja "THEIR" precious item from them IF it does drop - IF. Even just coming along to HELP them kill it..
    I never condone resetting mobs; I'll sit in the air on my flying mount and watch a mob lay someone flat and then take the tag from them after they die and the mob resets, but I don't reset them by griefing. I've said it before numerous times; Blizzard should simply make it so tagged mobs can't be taunted/affected by knockback from anyone but the person who tagged them.

    If you went to someone camping (and not in the middle of killing the mob,) and asked them to invite you, ensuring them you wouldn't want the mount, and telling them to set it to master looter, I see no reason for them not to invite you.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  20. #40
    Fully agreed with OP.
    This silly and out-dated mechanic of mob tagging just promotes even more douchebag behaviour in WoW community than is already present.
    I've been trying to get at least one of the mounts since the patch and no chance in hell. One day I actually set my alarm clock to 5:30 am, hoping to kill some of the rares before going to work.
    Lol, no chance in hell. At EVERY spawn point, there were 4-6 people, SPAMMING their AoE spells. Do these people ever sleep? go to work? study? have life?

    And yes, the ammount of griefing or rude behaviour I have seen at these places. Undergeared players dying from the mobs big hits, other players hovering on mounts above them, waiting until they die and then quickly grabbing the rare. Instead of healing and helping out the other player.
    Classes with taunts trying to bug and reset rare mobs.
    People relogging on their Horde alts to kill the players, then log back and tag the rare for themselves. AND they also whisper you to make you even more mad (this one takes the cake imo).

    Blizz clearly got inspired by Guild Wars 2 awesome system (where ppl are actually motivated and REWARDED for helping out other players) for the rare mobs on Isle of Thunder, but they didn't implement the tech for rare mobs in other Pandaria zones? What was going through their heads, I will never know.
    Every good deed shall be rightfully punished. *** If you want to have something done right, you have to do it yourself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •