Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    WARLOCK: missing sealed tome

    Hi,

    today on my character I killed Goda, and the loot box opened and contained tome of valor AND sealed tome of xerreth.

    I looted, but it said item is busy (like it does on every rare on that island) so i clicked off the mob and tried to reloot, this time only tome of valor there.

    I am so frustrated that i won the rare warlock item so i could go get the green fire, to find wow error kills my effort.

    I did, run away and come back to see if i could re loot, again like other rares on that island, nope.

    I made a ticket, and as many high level blizz representatives post here... am i going to get my item? or has this game yet again messed up and screwed its players out of the loot they grinded for days!

  2. #2
    You should do some research. Its been confirmed numerous times that the item will be shown to everyone, but only one Warlock out of everyone who tagged it is eligible. Unless you're on an extremely low pop server, there's almost no chance you were the only Warlock who touched the rare.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Superman-BladesEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    On my flying mount, out in the world.
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by bronson1982 View Post
    but it said item is busy
    Guessing there were other warlocks around?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We intend to disallow flying while leveling from 90 to 100, and have flying become available again in the first major patch for Warlords of Draenor. Source

  4. #4
    Warchief FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,137
    It might not be your item.. There was most likely another lock, and he looted the tome...

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord Superman-BladesEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    On my flying mount, out in the world.
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    You should do some research. Its been confirmed numerous times that the item will be shown to everyone, but only one Warlock out of everyone who tagged it is eligible. Unless you're on an extremely low pop server, there's almost no chance you were the only Warlock who touched the rare.
    This is where I was going with that. If another warlock even hit it just once and looted it .1 secs before you, they got it and you will have to go back and kill him again for your chance at it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We intend to disallow flying while leveling from 90 to 100, and have flying become available again in the first major patch for Warlords of Draenor. Source

  6. #6
    i was first lock to loot, i know for definate, as 3 locks were there, 2 were range spamming, i popped DB and stood on mob and looted instantly. so why did i not win and they did?

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 06:13 PM ----------

    i had made a raid group, almost all there were in my group, and even on map i could see other locks far away.

    as i clicked loot, it showed up, i waited for ages, trying to click it but said busy, as soon as i clicked off mob to reloot, another lock (that was not near boss and not first to loot) started celebrating.

    great mechanics again blizz, thanks!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bronson1982 View Post
    i was first lock to loot, i know for definate, as 3 locks were there, 2 were range spamming, i popped DB and stood on mob and looted instantly. so why did i not win and they did?
    Pretty sure behind the scenes when you engage a rare on IoT it does a roll to determine if a tome is going to drop for you. Tomes can be seen by everyone, but only looted by the winning warlock. Most likely another warlock got lucky and you didn't.

  8. #8
    so can a blizz rep confirm that? pre rolled and just shows us all, annoys the crap out of us, and goes to someone else. great mechanic.

    so i guess no tome then.

    great.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 06:18 PM ----------

    or is it first lock to loot?

  9. #9
    I can confirm that I have seen the book 6 times in my loot window, and all 6 times it has gone to another Warlock. It does NOT mean they somehow took my loot or anything. What the other guys said is true: the game determines if the book will drop and who the book will go to. It does not matter if the other Warlock looted first or last, or if they were in your group or not. I agree the bug gives me a mini heart attack, but hopefully you don't get discouraged from it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bronson1982 View Post
    so can a blizz rep confirm that?
    I found out about how it works from this wowhead post. There's also a blue post confirming the mechanic in dYnkYns comment.

  11. #11
    The tome is assigned to one lock before the boss even dies, even though you can see it, it just wasn't meant for you.
    "If you aren't nostalgic of Vanilla WoW, you don't have a heart. If you want to bring it back, you don't have a brain." - Moistmuffins

  12. #12
    ok, thanks a lot for the info guys.

    for anyone from blizz reading this, sort your stupid game mechanics out. sick of the crap you pass off to us and expect us to just deal with it.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by bronson1982 View Post
    so can a blizz rep confirm that? pre rolled and just shows us all, annoys the crap out of us, and goes to someone else. great mechanic.

    so i guess no tome then.

    great.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 06:18 PM ----------

    or is it first lock to loot?
    Its not first to loot, it is assigned to one of those warlocks that were at range.

    However it would be nice if they fixed the loot bug where you have to log out to loot the mob and make stuff drop like they do in LFR where it outright tells you what you won and drops it directly in your bag.

  14. #14
    Brewmaster Agile Emily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by bronson1982 View Post
    ok, thanks a lot for the info guys.

    for anyone from blizz reading this, sort your stupid game mechanics out. sick of the crap you pass off to us and expect us to just deal with it.
    Stupid mechanics being everyone sees the loot that drops? They've done that for literally years.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by bronson1982 View Post
    ok, thanks a lot for the info guys.

    for anyone from blizz reading this, sort your stupid game mechanics out. sick of the crap you pass off to us and expect us to just deal with it.
    So you are pissed off at Blizzard for making a system that stops people from speed loot ninja'ing? "Lol, screw everyone else I'm getting mine! YOINK! What!? The person who was chosen to get the loot by RNG actually got it? WAAAAAAAGH Bliz suxors!" Why do I get the feeling you'd be screaming bloody murder if someone did this to you and Blizz would still be at fault?

  16. #16
    if the loot is not mine, then why do i need to see the book? if it just happened someone else got it, no problems, but when my window opens i see that, think finally got it, then its not mine, then yes, it sucks!

  17. #17
    Brewmaster Agile Emily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by bronson1982 View Post
    if the loot is not mine, then why do i need to see the book? if it just happened someone else got it, no problems, but when my window opens i see that, think finally got it, then its not mine, then yes, it sucks!
    So that other people see what loot is dropped? I had like, six people congratulate me before I even picked the book up.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    So that other people see what loot is dropped? I had like, six people congratulate me before I even picked the book up.
    You're full of crap, so despite the 'known' issues discussed above, everyone knew it was your loot. lol. anyway, got it next day, who cares.

  19. #19
    Pandaren Monk Evela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,752
    I wonder if the amount of Warlocks participating in the kill affects your chances of getting the tome...
    (Yes, I know it's not the first to loot it who gets it).

  20. #20
    Brewmaster Agile Emily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by bronson1982 View Post
    You're full of crap, so despite the 'known' issues discussed above, everyone knew it was your loot. lol. anyway, got it next day, who cares.
    Yes, because everyone immediately said "Grats Agile Emily, well done on that drop". They went "grats warlock". Most of my guild calls me warlock. Maybe take a little time to engage brain before resorting to insults.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •