Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Warbringers; setting players against eachother since 5.2

I imagine I'm not the only one by far having issues with this, so I thought I would right a thread to vent!

Since 5.2 many of us have been farming Zandalari Warbringers for the prospect of a mount or some rep. After a week, I already want them removed from the game. All they're doing is creating conflict between players. We sit and watch other people, whilst hoping they die so we can tag it instead, alternatively, SOME people are taunting the rare spawns and bugging them out so they respawn/evade.

Earlier today, someone, NOT even from my realm sat patiently whilst me & my friend got a warbringer down to 300k hp (which took about 10 minutes anyhow due to our poor geared kiting characters) and then decided to go bear form and taunt it off a cliff. Needless to say, we we're pretty angry; not only was this person completely malicious, but several people from my realm were watching him do it and did NOTHING to help. I honestly couldn't believe it.

"But you need a group to make it, surely it's also bringing people together?" I hear you say? No. I've seen many people solo this with good enough gear. From warlocks to DKs and Paladins to Hunters. And if you can solo it, why have anyone else there for a chance to roll for a possible mount? If you can't solo it., you ask a friend. A friend you already have because the majority of us won't just invite someone we don't know. On the occasion I have been invited to help someone, it was immediately set to master-loot and I wasn't entitled to any of the rep.

On top of this, Blizzard thought it would be a good idea to put in three colours from the rares. "But different colours are nice!" You say? Wrong. I'm a girl. I understand the importance of different colours. I must've spent atleast 5k on each character I have at the barbers alone. But seeing as this is a mount from a rare, people don't seem content with the awesome mount they've been lucky enough to acquire, oh no. They need ALL three colours. So after they receive the mount most of us haven't been lucky to even see drop, they go and try and get the others. More competition. I'm a fan of competition normally, but this? This is just a game of who will sink the lowest for their own selfish needs. Frankly, it disgusts me and as far as I'm concerned, these mounts have really brought the 'scum' out in some people.

Now, it's not all doom and gloom. I've met a couple of people in my travels for this mount, whilst waiting for spawns we joke and swap tips. Take bets on who will get the tag, and if it's me with my wicked quick Icelance finger, they actually stay and help. Vice versa. We also discuss which ones have recently respawn and the timers we think there on. Given I've put alot of time into farming these, I know I'm decreasing my chances by sharing this info with them, but if anyone were to get the mount it would make me happier knowing it went to good people.

Abit of an essay, but guys, remember just because it's a game doesn't give you the right to act malicious. It's uncalled for. We're all human. I'm not saying help everyone, invite the world. But don't set against sabotaging people. And if they're obviously not going to wipe, as much as your hoping they will, why not help kill it? And that'll set the timer to be sooner rather than the time you've wasted watching. Maybe they'll repay the kindness, maybe they wont.

I must've killed at least 12 of these mobs. Four of which have been made to bug out repeatedly by people. I've yet to see the mount drop, but I'm not going to lower myself for the chance.

Deleted
    Yeah its pretty retarded, they should simply make them more rare (on a longer and random respawn timer) and give everyone that attacks it (like the isle of thunder rares) be able to loot its own individual loot. The current system is soo fucking outdated and retarded, it only promotes hostile interaction with fellow faction players and stress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Report players who do that kind of crap, Laurerz. That's griefing and therefore, that's bannable.

It does suck. There are a few groups all from the same guild camping different areas on my server all the time. I asked if there was room for one more, which there clearly was, but I got no response. After waiting 15 minutes, I asked again. I got a reply to which they said, "go away, I saw your whisper the first time and you're not getting in. We want all the rare mounts".

Look, it's understandable, they're new and people want them, but at least have the decency to tell me this in the beginning. I wasn't sure if they were in fact ignoring me or if the person was didn't see the whisper. Lord, people are so rude in this game sometimes. This system is terrible. As people said, at least make the re-spawn timers longer and do the faction tagging thingy.

Deleted
    Oh I've tried Mirishka! A hunter taunted it OOR of me to reset it after I'd solo'd one to 50% then his mate back at the spawn point tagged it. I wrote a ticket, quite long like my original post And at the end I thought I'd throw in a C+P of his arrogant remarks about how he was proud of exploiting the game. I received a ticket back telling me I'm not allowed to use Tickets to report language?! So I opened another one saying my OP had nothing to do with language, it was about exploitation and if they'd read it as opposed to assume what I was saying and send me an artificial reply they would've realised that. So I received another reply saying:

The response stated that we can't accept reports for bad language, bad names, spamming or cheating (which would be applicable in this case) - although it did lead with the harassment issue at the start I can see how it might have been confusing to read.

Nothing to do with my original post or remotely acknowledging this issue. Just ended with how I should use the in game feature. As always, amazing customer service. Ideally they'd make it a faction tag and drop the mount % perhaps, or implement a non resettable design. Not able to taunt someone elses mob etc, but realistically I don't know if that's possible. Nothing to do but hope that the people that have no shame aren't currently farming the one you are. /sigh.
    Last edited by mmoc68eec031c6; 2013-03-10 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurerz View Post
    Oh I've tried Mirishka! A hunter taunted it OOR of me to reset it after I'd solo'd one to 50% then his mate back at the spawn point tagged it. I wrote a ticket, quite long like my original post And at the end I thought I'd throw in a C+P of his arrogant remarks about how he was proud of exploiting the game. I received a ticket back telling me I'm not allowed to use Tickets to report language?! So I opened another one saying my OP had nothing to do with language, it was about exploitation and if they'd read it as opposed to assume what I was saying and send me an artificial reply they would've realised that. So I received another reply saying:
    The response stated that we can't accept reports for bad language, bad names, spamming or cheating (which would be applicable in this case) - although it did lead with the harassment issue at the start I can see how it might have been confusing to read.
    Nothing to do with my original post or remotely acknowledging this issue. Just ended with how I should use the in game feature. As always, amazing customer service. Ideally they'd implement a non resettable design. Not able to taunt someone elses mob etc, but realistically I don't know if that's possible. Nothing to do but hope that the people that have no shame aren't currently farming the one you are. /sigh.
    Unfortunately, we just have to wait until it dies down a bit I guess. It's pretty pathetic how people act in a video game sometimes though. Yeesh. I only want one of the 3 mounts, I want the jade one. I've told this to the groups farming that they can have the others, I'll pass on it, but I want a chance to need on the one I want. Yes a chance, not a guarantee on getting it, a chance. That's all I ask. Of course they just go no and say we want them all. FFS.

Nothing to do with my original post or remotely acknowledging this issue. Just ended with how I should use the in game feature. As always, amazing customer service. Ideally they'd make it a faction tag and drop the mount % perhaps, or implement a non resettable design. Not able to taunt someone elses mob etc, but realistically I don't know if that's possible. Nothing to do but hope that the people that have no shame aren't currently farming the one you are. /sigh.
    Just leave all bad ratings in your survey from the ticket and say they didn't do anything to solve your issue. Should mention the GM that replied to you is clueless because what those players are doing is not "cheating," it is GREIFING which is completely against Blizzard rules. Chances are you got a lazy GM.

Or you can have fun with it and fight over them like everybody else. All out wars cross faction are awesome, In jade and kun lai's if you're a druid and you're getting roflpwnt by a group of allies you can leap off the cliff, about halfway down you can pop into flight form but you still have the tag, so then they either do the work for you or realize it and have to kill themselves to get it to reset. I've gotten myself all 3 and a few friends multiple ones and we've never griefed anybody who didn't mess with us first, but this is the most fun I've had while I'd normally be afking than I've had in wow in years.

This proves that any kind of player interaction which isn't based on fair RNG, balance or organized groups leads to most players acting like assholes. Which is also why "World PvP" is a synonym of ganking and cross-faction communication won't ever be (re)added to the game.

The truth is, this isn't even WoW having bad players, it's the Internet being full of d-bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Report players who do that kind of crap, Laurerz. That's griefing and therefore, that's bannable.
    doubt that this is happening. There are tons of retards that griefed the fuck out of people since the first day that aren't banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The truth is, this isn't even WoW having bad players, it's the Internet being full of d-bags.
    I agree 1000%.

I understand your point, OP. The thing is, my experiance has been a bit different.

I knew I want one of those guys since the release, so I prepared and started looking everywhere for those mobs. Before I managed to loot one I've had to kill 15. And, I gotta say, those were the toughest fights ever when it comes to soloing, as a hunter you really need to stay on your toes.

Most of the time tho, I've seen other groups having been there before me. And I usually didn't try to wipe them, even the allys. They had beat me, they were better, they deserve a shot. I sometimes helped, just for fun. It was a bit different when I was soloing the mob tho - allys always loved to gank my ass off during the last 5% of the mob, stealing the kill. Well, assholes, what can you do.

But my favourite moment was at my last kill. I was fighting in Dread Wastes, when suddenly... root. 8 seconds of damn root. No problem, Masters Call, looking around, where is this asshole, ROOT again. Since I was using a kiting tactic, being rooted meant something like "gotta use Feign Death" for me, but I tried more and more. Being constantly rooted by a druid laughing at my face. And, after all, the mob killed me. Kinda thanks to this ally asshole.

Afterwards, screw that, another try. I'm kiting the mob around again, dodging all harmfull stuff like a pro, and then bang. Made a fatal mistake. Did not interrupt the fear. So, I'm running there right into the freaking triceratops, getting my ass kicked. A few hits, I've seen I'm pretty much over... and then, miracle, I'm at full health. The fuck? Disengaged, kited some more, killed the shit out of the mob. And the mount dropped.

So who was the dude who saved my ass? The same druid who rooted me before, but this time on his horde druid char.

So I guess those rares really bring out everything from players, but not necessarily the bad things only. But yea, you can clearly see who is an asshole and who is a nice guy thanks to the new triceratops riders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    doubt that this is happening. There are tons of retards that griefed the fuck out of people since the first day that aren't banned.
    Wrong. Myself and a guildie reported a horde DK for endlessly (as in, hours upon hours) killing alliance quest NPCs in Zangarmarsh on a PvE realm about a month before Mists hit, he was spamming gloat emotes and spitting on people, etc - guess what, he got a 72 hour ban. I know because he whispered me about a week later, on a level 1 alliance toon, told me who he was and apologized. Actually said he 'learned his lesson'.

Deleted
    Oh definitely, as I say; It's not all doom and gloom, but the vast majority...well, is. And also congratulations on getting the mount Okacz. But now you don't have to worry about these kinds of people for the time being and I've noticed that since people have cottoned on to the resetting tactics, more and more people are trying it.

As for joining in? An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. I can't expect people to follow a certain precedent if I'm not doing it myself. I completely understand why someone would want to retaliate but for the classes that generally don't have any form of taunt etc don't even have that option. And on the couple of characters where I can, I'd just rather not because it wouldn't make me feel any better about wasting 10 minutes of my life trying to down something only to be reset. And if they do the same thing again? Just a vicious circle, one that shouldn't even be allowed to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been trying to solo for one of these. I've had three times fellow Horde trying to reset it on me. These guys are from one of the raiding guilds on my realm, and they are not the true type of raiders with pride. They are the ones who bash people down for sucking.

I've had no Alliance try this. I actually have had Alliance help me out!

Also, I'm a tank, so when they first started the taunt off me, I wasn't prepared for what they were doing, after that I just taunted back and they couldn't get it to reset. I guess their raiding skillz aren't good enough to taunt off a scrub like me. Heh.

Deleted
    I lost my mount today to a random rogue who wanted to kill the Warbringer I was killing, solo as a Warlock.
    Or well... I didn't loose it, I invited him cause I got the tag and he won the role for the mount. But it's all good, I probably made him happy and I got all the time in the world to camp them Warbringers anyway.

I do agree it should be faction tagged and have less chance to drop mount with a longer respawn timer.

EDIT: If you really want the mount and have a taunt ready, go make a /target Zandalari Warbringer
    /cast whatever spell is instant and has no flight time

Oh definitely, as I say; It's not all doom and gloom, but the vast majority...well, is. And also congratulations on getting the mount Okacz. But now you don't have to worry about these kinds of people for the time being and I've noticed that since people have cottoned on to the resetting tactics, more and more people are trying it.

As for joining in? An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. I can't expect people to follow a certain precedent if I'm not doing it myself. I completely understand why someone would want to retaliate but for the classes that generally don't have any form of taunt etc don't even have that option. And on the couple of characters where I can, I'd just rather not because it wouldn't make me feel any better about wasting 10 minutes of my life trying to down something only to be reset. And if they do the same thing again? Just a vicious circle, one that shouldn't even be allowed to happen.
    Yeah, I gotta agree with you here. Just looking at some of the cheapest tricks people use makes me kinda sick. When it once turned out into an all-out world pvp with 10 allies, 10 hordes and like 2 of those smaller rares it was kinda epic. But i've seen those organised ally groups that were just waiting for somebody to bring the guy to low percent to relentlessy murder him... and then fly away. I'm finding it very hard to imagine what kind of person that is. Why would you just spoil somebodys fun if you don't even wanna gain anything from it?

Thats a thing with those games. They show what's hidden deep inside this office guys, who goes to job from 9 to 5 and always greets the secretary with a smile. People usually try to hide themselves, but when you get to the internet, you take the foot away from the brakes, and have some time of being yourself. In some cases, a douche.

I love to kill me some hordie scum, but most of the stuff introduced in 5.2 doesnt seem to be intnded for servers with a 70-30 horde-ally ratio... But thats a different story.
    The most annoying stuff about these rares is that your own allies can steal the kills form you.. A friend of mine did such a douche-bag thing, saw a dude soloing a warbringer, taunted it off a cliff and snatched the tag when it spawned again. And guess what, he won the mount..:P The poor dud that got the tag stolen, started stalking him tho, so he ended up being the one reported for harrassment and threats. But yeh, can understand him:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to rare spawns. You think I wouldn't have done something to get a toon killed to get the time lost proto drake, or aeonaxx if I saw them nab it while I was camping it?

The only thing I would change about them (and indeed, all mobs) is that you wouldn't be able to taunt/knockback an enemy that wasn't tapped to you.

Beyond that, bitter competition and large groups keeps the mounts rare. Fine by me.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    It's a shame we don't have more players like you guys to be honest! I'd like to think in a couple of weeks they'll be old news and no one will be fussed, but other people have said the same thing to me. Which makes me think how many people are waiting a week or so to start farming them as opposed to doing it to start with? If nothing is done it'll be an ongoing issue. Which means the only way to get these super cute mounts (besides rep) is to win a competition of 'who can sink the lowest to get what they want?'

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yeah, I gotta agree with you here. Just looking at some of the cheapest tricks people use makes me kinda sick. When it once turned out into an all-out world pvp with 10 allies, 10 hordes and like 2 of those smaller rares it was kinda epic. But i've seen those organised ally groups that were just waiting for somebody to bring the guy to low percent to relentlessy murder him... and then fly away. I'm finding it very hard to imagine what kind of person that is. Why would you just spoil somebodys fun if you don't even wanna gain anything from it?
    I couldn't agree more. These rares currently remind me of old progression raids, where towards the end of a kill, your heart would pace, you pray nothing will go wrong, and if it doesn't, you hope you get that one thing you want. That's how I feel atleast, but I'm a nerd and pretty mounts make me happy but for people to maliciously let you get it down to a certain % and then do it, is just tearing away any good feelings you had.

As for "Welcome to rare spawns. You think I wouldn't have done something to get a toon killed to get the time lost proto drake, or aeonaxx if I saw them nab it while I was camping it?" They're hardly in the same class. I don't think something that spawns hourly in five different locations and has no patrol gives cause for people to act like complete douchebags. And as for "Keeps the mount rare" No, it doesn't. At all. It's still going to drop at the same rate and someone's still going to get it. It just ensures people with lower standards are more likely to get one.