Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    Blizz clearly got inspired by Guild Wars 2 awesome system (where ppl are actually motivated and REWARDED for helping out other players) for the rare mobs on Isle of Thunder, but they didn't implement the tech for rare mobs in other Pandaria zones? What was going through their heads, I will never know.
    Like I said before, I think any way of grief resetting a mob should be removed, as it's exploiting game mechanics, but I'm pretty much fine with any other aspect of rare hunting.

These mounts are supposed to be RARE, they're supposed to take TIME and DEDICATION to get.

Slap a raid of 20 people together and blow through every rarespawn that spawns, with each person having their own chance of getting a mount? In three hours, everyone in the raid has one.

Make the droprate incredibly low? You just have people dropping out after they get one mount, or people ending up with multiples of the same mount, while other people continue to jump into groups and get none.

And what if you can solo it? What then? I don't need a group of people to kill the mob; I think my chances should be higher than someone who needs three, or five, people to kill it. But you can't put in some sort of "scaling system," where the drop chance decreases with the more people you have attacking it, as it just goes back to people interfering with one another again.

I'm perfectly fine with the mobs (again, baring the resetting) the way they are now. I began by soloing them, until I joined up with two other people. We farmed HARD for these mounts, until all three of us came away with one.

If you still want a direhorn mount, you can wait until you're exalted with the new horde/alliance forces, and then buy that color. (That's more than we're getting for the new kick ass skyscreamer mount; you have to be lucky enough to be in a raiding guild to get a shot at that within the moderate future, and they didn't even choose a good skin) What is required to obtain one of THESE specific mount colors has been laid out, and either you're game for it, or you aren't.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-03-11 at 06:45 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of related to the Warbringers, I was killing the Warscout in Krasarang, and this group of Warbringer-Hunters that were litterally EVERYWHERE, decided to taunt and kite him so far away that he reset. You may think that it was accidental, but the guy who taunted it flew back and started killing him with the group. It was so bull.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Those are the most retarded thing arrived with 5.2. People yet again started to HATE each other. I don't even give a shit about those mounts to stop by and try killing them just because looking at all those mass campers at every spawn point of every zone AT A TIME disgusts me.

Deleted
    Hope they hotfix this so they use the LFR/Sha of anger loot stuff. Hit the mob and get individual loot. My 2 friends saw the mount dropp and ninjad it , well i understand it! I would do the same TBH ( first day of patch) But i would't expect it from them.

People wanted world pvp and more pvp in general, welcome to Mists of Pandaria. I'm only guessing it's gonna get even worse if the rumors are true that this expansion is headed to the final encounter in Siege of Orgrimmar. Well this is what you get, people's true colors come to life. It's not enough horde vs alliance, taunting off and pissing off own faction members is the new word in "pvp".

Exactly why i've treated this game as a single player game the past 3 years, most of the people are just not worth to play with. Don't want to stress out or loose my sleep because of asshats. Got ganked -> disengage, cloak, vanish. Got griefed -> move to another area or just log off and do the dishes or something other useful. If i play with someone it's with irl friends, who i would trust my life on, when they are logged in. It used to be about social network and guilding, but after seeing a lot of drama and people constantly fighting about petty things, it's just not worth it.

Raid the content that was 2 expansions ago, cause it's now soloable, raid this current content in an expansion or two when it's soloable. With the new troll rares i saw an opportunity to catch up in the current content solo experience, with the reputation tokens and would finally got rid of the daily quest grinding and get my exalted reputations filled, oh boy was i wrong. It's not enough that people farm the mounts from the warbringers, fully heroic raid geared people who are definately exalted with every single faction have to kill and evade and retag the scouts too that just drop repu tokens just to piss of lesser geared players who are already behind and just want to catch up. There are no manners on the internet, wonders of anonymity.

Being nice is worth nothing these days, learned that the hard way. No one cares unless it's in their benefit. Being nice makes you feel good, so do it for yourself, but don't expect to get any recognition, but that's not really what being nice is about, is it. People who understand it, know it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rede View Post
    Being nice is worth nothing these days, learned that the hard way. No one cares unless it's in their benefit. Being nice makes you feel good, so do it for yourself, but don't expect to get any recognition, but that's not really what being nice is about, is it. People who understand it, know it.
    Pretty much this. Painful truth is that alturistic people are underpopulated in this world and if you leave people to act as they please then you get WoW player interaction in its current state. I would say that those elites should be designed in such a way that it rewards helping others, not screwing over.

oh and about wPvP... yeah people want that, but Ally vs Horde, not Ally vs Ally, Horde vs Horde.

It's completely Blizzard's fault to have made those Warbringers partially soloable by some classes. They must not be soloable by any class in the game for the sake of the society.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the end of the expansion or even the start of the next, with the gear we will have soloing one of these will be even easier. Plus many people will have forgotten about them and moved on. I still try to get at least two solo kills in a day and that's good for me until I see one drop.

Having been a jackass and taunted the mob far enough to make him reset and get myself and guildies get the tag, and then getting whispers that we were gonna get banned, if they did bother with ticketing then I haven't gotten a response yet. Do not bother because people will not get banned or even get a warning (unless they used verbal harassment in the ensuing arguing that follows mob stealing)

Furthermore, a person who ticketed a GM in game about mob resetting and stealing got a response that said it was not a bannable offense:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7005433589

It looks like (redacted) tried to steal your kill by leashing Kang the Soul Thief away from you, thus undoing your tag. This is a practice as old as WoW itself, and though it is a jerk move and has denied many a kill to myself and others, it is not necessarily against the rules.
    Note: A followup email from a different GM confirmed that this is policy.
    Personally I gave up on the Warbringers after getting the Zul'Again achievement. The Sunreaver faction will give me a red colored version which I'll probably use the most.

As for competing with people resetting your mobs, get friends that can taunt back/root/slow/etc. and just make sure you nuke it fast. If you're fighting the mob near a cliff, move him back so he can't get knocked back into there. The one in Jade Forest seemingly doesn't have a leash point, as I taunted it off some allies really far and it wasn't resetting.

Quote Originally Posted by muwatallis View Post
    It's completely Blizzard's fault to have made those Warbringers partially soloable by some classes. They must not be soloable by any class in the game for the sake of the society.
    Actually it's: all ranged DPS specs, all tank specs. Melee can't do it since they hit too hard (maybe warriors if they spend 90% of the time kiting and only going in with Warbringer Stun or Shockwave). Oh and rogues. Because Shuriken Toss is balanced.

The OP is very much correct, the warbringers are a focus of hostility. On my realm they are camped by pet classes who can solo them and by stopping by they start calling you a thief because they were there first. Other classes tend to want to join up because they can't solo. I don't know what they were thinking placing the mobs at the edge of the cliff. It is like it was designed for griefing!

Then there is the Island of Giants. It too is awash in pet classes who can more easily solo dinos. My dps warrior only gets by with stacks of heal pots, but I've depleted the AH and those that are left are being middle-manned at a very high price. Since I'm intruding on "their" territory the pet classes wait until my warrior has the debuff and high aggro and then run another dino into me and drop threat. Once again, a situation that benefits range over melee and is designed for griefing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've given up farming these altogether on my server. Illidan is way too crowded and there are always 5 or more people camping the spawn points. Very poorly conceived, just like the other rares in pandaria when its puts horde vs. horde or ally vs. ally. They should just make all the rares like the isle of thunder rares at this point....
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Well, seeing how the drop chance of those mount is similar to that of Ashes, I can understand people trying to steal the tag. I can't blame them in the slightest.

And to those who will be farming it in 6.0: don't. Rather do it NOW while Pandaria isn't CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurerz View Post
    I'm a girl. I understand the importance of different colours.
    I found this bit pretty stupid, it's not like a different gender know more about colors than the other gender, but otherwise I agree, it's like with Sha of Anger pre-5.2.

Heh, this is just a prime example of WoW killing itself, for a long time waht kept most people playing WoW was the people, then Blizz throws in something stupid like this, and ironically whats making people leave is the lack of good people... they went from all grown up, to all 12yr old griefers... GG Blizz

Amazing Sig by Eis!

Quote Originally Posted by AestostheInsane View Post
    Heh, this is just a prime example of WoW killing itself, for a long time waht kept most people playing WoW was the people, then Blizz throws in something stupid like this, and ironically whats making people leave is the lack of good people... they went from all grown up, to all 12yr old griefers... GG Blizz
    not really. its a mechanic that can't be easily solved. most of the suggestions people give for fixing this require Blizz to change coding/data to patch a new mechanic.

and i think you're being overdramatic about a bunch of rare mobs. i think the world bosses being tap to faction is an awesome addition to 5.2 that has solved a lot of problems for people on heavy populated servers who couldn't get into the original raid group.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AestostheInsane View Post
    The game is too popular now, that is why there are so many kids playing it. Which is why people are always saying how awesome vanilla or bc was, mostly adults with computers were playing it. Now more and more people have multiple computers in their houses so their kids have access to pc games.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Deleted
    I've done about 30 now without a single mount
    I have actually made some friends doing these. It's only the people trying to reset the tag which makes my blood boil, altough It doesn't happen that often.

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I've done about 30 now without a single mount
    I have actually made some friends doing these. It's only the people trying to reset the tag which makes my blood boil, altough It doesn't happen that often.
    Hey, at least you made a ton of gold and maxed your rep.

P.S. I'm at 11 kills so far, all done tonight. Gonna farm until it drops.
    Last edited by Commander; 2013-03-11 at 02:39 PM.

I don't know about these mobs or anything, but it sounds pretty horrible. Easily fixable by letting everyone get loot if they help out even without being grouped up. Bad systems bring out the assholes in people and good systems bring out the kindness that dwells in us.