Page 3 of 252 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    anyone knows of some US streams live and when the realms open? is it 17CET or 20+? (or just say what 11 it is ;p NY or LA)

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    I have a feeling that no west guild will kill Ra-den before Easter .
    And Ra-den world 1st will go to one of the Far Easterners
    Does the East region also get double resets for new tiers? If so, you can't really put them in the same ladder anymore, and probably also why wowprogress has changed to West and East rankings instead of just 1 overall.

Some noob questions since this is the first time I've paid attention to world first races.
    1) do the US, EU and Asia servers all open at the same time whenever a new Heroic raid opens? If not, how is "world first" actually determined? By absolute time, or time since their server opened?

2) Is the heroic raid already up on PTR so these guys can practice? If so, is it common to have an entire raiding team with access to the PTR? I'm assuming they don't just let anyone on it, right?

3) anything shady ever go down on one of these opening days? Disputed kills etc?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by schmearcampain View Post
    Some noob questions since this is the first time I've paid attention to world first races.
    1) do the US, EU and Asia servers all open at the same time whenever a new Heroic raid opens? If not, how is "world first" actually determined? By absolute time, or time since their server opened?

2) Is the heroic raid already up on PTR so these guys can practice? If so, is it common to have an entire raiding team with access to the PTR? I'm assuming they don't just let anyone on it, right?

3) anything shady ever go down on one of these opening days? Disputed kills etc?

Thanks.
    US Tuesday, EU Wednesday, Asia opens on Thursdays, and world first is just by absolute time, and is only really important when it takes at least 5 6 days to kill a boss
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

EU opens 1 day after US, and Asia 2 days after US. no one really cares whos gets the first kills because of this, usually its who gets the last boss of the tier. in this case, ra-den. imo paragon will finish 1st guild in the world to clear 13/13H with method coming few days/week behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by purefury View Post
    anyone knows of some US streams live and when the realms open? is it 17CET or 20+? (or just say what 11 it is ;p NY or LA)
    I'd be surprised if any guilds that are raiding in the middle of the day (BL, Exodus, maybe Supermassive) will actually stream their progression. Midwinter streamed theirs last tier though, and lower ranked guilds like mine (US 30 last tier) stream a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by schmearcampain View Post
    By absolute time, or time since their server opened?
    Time since server opened.

Some bosses were tested, most were horribly bugged.

I'd be disappointed if someone didn't kite a boss to Vael's room.

Blood Legion for the US, will be a good race with them and Method in the end. No other guild is in the same league as these 2 when they are playing at their best.

Quote Originally Posted by ralikonik View Post
    they did plenty of alt runs. why even say something you have no clue about?
    My mistake. Their wowprogress page looked very different last time I checked it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plarock View Post
    Blood Legion for the US, will be a good race with them and Method in the end. No other guild is in the same league as these 2 when they are playing at their best.
    What about Exodus / Vodka ? I think they can compete with Method and Blood Legion too. I cross my fingers for Method tho, cause EU > US

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    Time since server opened.
    Haha, trying to pass your (stupid) opinion as a fact.

First is first. There are no silly formulas about what in this world is first. You don't count how "fair" it is . First is and always has been absolute.

Of course, the world firsts only start becoming relevant once everyone has access to said boss. So generally, the world firsts for the first half of bosses go to US guilds and the more important ones to EU guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
    Haha, trying to pass your (stupid) opinion as a fact.

First is first. There are no silly formulas about what in this world is first. You don't count how "fair" it is . First is and always has been absolute.

Of course, the world firsts only start becoming relevant once everyone has access to said boss. So generally, the world firsts for the first half of bosses go to US guilds and the more important ones to EU guilds.
    Umm, no...?
    Servers aren't up at the same time, patch days aren't the same. It's ridiculous to think like that.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurellio View Post
    What about Exodus / Vodka ? I think they can compete with Method and Blood Legion too. I cross my fingers for Method tho, cause EU > US
    In US: Blood Legion vs Exodus vs Midwinter

In EU: Method vs Apex?

Paragon will 99.99% get World First 10 man Lei Shen.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    for me it seems a bit fast for the first hc kill :O when were the us servers up for the hc raids ?

Deleted
    Paragon propably DID funneled the gear on 25-normal to have equal gear field as 25-man guilds for world first race.
    This tier is completely ungated unlike ridiculous t14 month-long gating, every single piece of TF loot will matter a lot. You just don't see Paragon on the top now, you see some rehabilitation clinic or whatever it's called (contains a specific 4chan avatarfag) because Paragon was busy doing alt raids to funnel as much gear as humanly possible onto their mains. I remember them doing HOF 25HC the second reset HOF was available to prepare for final push in HC TES.

The un-gated nature of this tier might actually see the later bosses survive one reset. It's the first "BIG" raid since...ICC? Yes, all Cataclysm and MOP raids were just small dungeons composed of 2-8 bosses each, often gated.

rofl putting Midwinter in the same region like Evodus / BL / etc. most likely Method for 25 and Paragon for 10, Raden will prolly go down first on 10man and then world first on 25.

According to Affinitii's stream Bl are 2/13 (horridon down)

Deleted
    Method will take the 25man World first 13/13. The first 9 bosses is pretty boring to follow. The "Pinnacle of Storms" bosses are the only relevant imo. At them it wont matter if you are EU/US imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    According to Affinitii's stream Bl are 2/13 (horridon down)
    Only took 3 pulls according to their twitter feed.