Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    Yup they are considered to be a seperate race by most people.

I don't think they have a huge advantage in terms of gear vs encounter difficulty though.

They have 8% increased health/damage on the bosses that I don't think the extra ilvls cover.

Not sure about the math though, and any personal experience is going to be skewed towards one side
    The math shows that the gear alone provides them with a bigger advantage than us. Gear ilvl works like this -
    Say you have an item with 1K stamina. You get the same item, 1 level higher. It'll now have 1010 stamina. You level it up once more, so it's now level 2. It'll get another 1% increase, 1010+10.1, or 1020.1.
    It's a minor thing, but the advantage falls to the asians, as the bosses are "only" getting 8% more dmg/hp, while their gear gets exponentially stronger.

Add things like haste-softcaps (specific points where a DoT will tick once more for casters) that are more easily aviable due to bigger amount of stats on higher level gear (giving them crazy dps boosts when triggering a new tick), the fact that they can farm both 10 and 25 man every week for extra gear (tier tokens and trinkets for one, giving them even bigger dps boosts), and you've got something that can't even be remotely compared .

From what I've seen in Ground Zero's stream, it seemed like Every Interrupting Jolt brought the raid to brink of death(even with CDs), while on method's kill video it seemed like most people had 30% health.
    Do you have a link to the stream? Please

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darksun View Post
    Logical thinking => they should not be allowed to kill the last boss until they reached the correct ilvl, thus taking 1 month /hope
    If it would take these guilds 1 month to kill Lei Shen, we probably wouldn't see a kill outside the top 50 until the next tier. I don't think that is Blizzard's intention. And no the other guilds won't simply kill it because they get 10 more ilvls.

Quote Originally Posted by Daear View Post
    If it would take these guilds 1 month to kill Lei Shen, we probably wouldn't see a kill outside the top 50 until the next tier. I don't think that is Blizzard's intention. And no the other guilds won't simply kill it because they get 10 more ilvls.
    Even if it took the top50 that long to kill H-Lei Shen, once videos were out and all the strat details and mechanic intricacies were laid out, better strats for the lower ranked guilds would make it somewhat easier.

And 10ilvl of gear can go a long way.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Maybe but...you're aware that the moment 5.3 hits anyone that stacked up 3k valor points will be able to upgrade 8 pieces of gear by 8 ilvl on the first reset? Followed by 2 pieces of gear each following reset. Once that happen you can consider content being severely nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    No, I'm roundly rejecting your idea that LFR isn't raiding.
    The raiding scene is larger than in wrath - because LFR is raiding. It replaces the pugs that were a feature of Wotlk.
    Tell you what, I remove LFR and you remove pugs.
    What the actual f...

Quote Originally Posted by Radalek View Post
    Maybe but...you're aware that the moment 5.3 hits anyone that stacked up 3k valor points will be able to upgrade 8 pieces of gear by 8 ilvl on the first reset? Followed by 2 pieces of gear each following reset. Once that happen you can consider content being severely nerfed.
    Only 375 valor for an upgrade in 5.3? Also 8 ilevels instead of 4 in 5.3? Does that mean they've effectively quadrupled the bang for your buck upgrading or just that maths and you aren't friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Only 375 valor for an upgrade in 5.3? Also 8 ilevels instead of 4 in 5.3? Does that mean they've effectively quadrupled the bang for your buck upgrading or just that maths and you aren't friends?
    its 250 per 4 ilevs x2, s 6 items with saved up valor + farm fresh 1k for the reset, so yea, 8 items. i think he is friends with math just fine, you on the other hand..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Link to stream pls?
    this. Even tho we wont understand. still would like to see what it looks like

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    its 250 per 4 ilevs x2, s 6 items with saved up valor + farm fresh 1k for the reset, so yea, 8 items. i think he is friends with math just fine, you on the other hand..
    If they don't reset valor then you can have every item 2/2 upgraded in a month of 5.3 which is pretty crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frykor View Post
    If they don't reset valor then you can have every item 2/2 upgraded in a month of 5.3 which is pretty crazy.
    I think that's the intention. They want it to be feasible to be able to upgrade all of your gear, and to not feel forced to wait to upgrade certain pieces that might be replaced soon but the piece ends up not dropping, or stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by whathump View Post
    I think that's the intention. They want it to be feasible to be able to upgrade all of your gear, and to not feel forced to wait to upgrade certain pieces that might be replaced soon but the piece ends up not dropping, or stuff like that.
    yes, and I also think that they dont want to "force" people having to cap valor basically till the end of the tier every single week in order to still upgrade.

yeh i'm happy about the valor change nothing more annoying than using 1500 vp on a weapon (which EVERYONE should) biggest upgrade by far then the same week you get a new weapon...kiss 1500 vp goodbye a total waste, now its only 500 vp so you only lost half a reset not 1.5 resets of valor.

Deleted
    I would like to know how far the contacts between the top guilds are...
    We see now the switch between 2 key members of Envy to Method..angry people ??..maybe but it doesn't take much time to see there are a lot of connections between the 2 guilds.

Paladin who joins/leaves Method has also a char in a guild on alliance side EU-Auchindoun, that guild also has some people with un enxpained Heroic kills, if you look closer you see them switching Horde to Envy en back again.
    There are even some of the same names in both guilds...and it's a rather unusual name so it would surprise me if that was not the same person.

Are the big guilds in close contact with another ?? (even if it's friendly contact outside the world first competition)

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps it's best to stop speculating. I'm sure we'll get a proper answer after progression is done. There are many, many possible answers - and none of them do any harm to us, so we might as well just be patient about it.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

This is heroic raiding. Excuse me for wanting heroic content to be a challenge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by happyzod View Post
    This is heroic raiding. Excuse me for wanting heroic content to be a challenge.
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    difficulty level: Lei Shen HC > all we have seen so far
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2013-03-24 at 08:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    difficulty level: Lei Shen HC > all we have seen so far
    On what basis are you saying that?

Yup they are considered to be a seperate race by most people.

I don't think they have a huge advantage in terms of gear vs encounter difficulty though.

They have 8% increased health/damage on the bosses that I don't think the extra ilvls cover.

Not sure about the math though, and any personal experience is going to be skewed towards one side
    +8 ilvl : roughly +7.7% stats

Deleted
    Envy spent a night of progression on Lei Shen and got him just to 66%. Something tells me there's a lot more to this fight than meets the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    Envy spent a night of progression on Lei Shen and got him just to 66%. Something tells me there's a lot more to this fight than meets the eye.
    It's a challenging encounter?
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL