Electric Motor Problem

Im trying to size branch conductors for a motor whose nameplate ONLY says 208V, 3Phase, 60Hz.. How can I determine the full load amps without some indication as to what the horsepower rating is? Is there a formula anyone knows of that I can manipulate to get the motors amperes with the information I have?

Thanks in advance for any help you can contribute
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2013-03-11 at 02:37 AM.

The formula is A = W/V for regular applications.

In your case, A = W/(V * 1.732). You do the square root of three, because it is a 3 phase circuit, iirc.

(A is amps, W watts, V volts)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    The formula is A = W/V for regular applications.

In your case, A = W/(V * 1.732). You do the square root of three, because it is a 3 phase circuit, iirc.

(A is amps, W watts, V volts)
    In all honesty I don't know how to calculate motor wattage without knowing the horsepower and multiplying that by 746.
    How can I determine power dissipation with the information I have? And I'm pretty sure I'd need the VA rating of the motor to be able to accurately determine the amps of the motor by diving VA by V. VA and watts aren't quite the same in inductive motors because of power factor, another unknown in my situation.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2013-03-11 at 04:31 AM.

I'd advise calling the manufacturer then. What kind of engine is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    I'd advise calling the manufacturer then. What kind of engine is it?
    It's relatively old. A company called Samand Engineering Limited. I cant find a thing other than yellow-page-esque sites with little to no information on the company..