Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    I just resubbed and I found it surprising that you can't buy last tear gear with justice anymore, which really helped with catching up on gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Most casual friendly expac was Cata. ANYONE could raid, gear was easy to get for all 10 alts, dungeons were just cruise control for easy JP, and everyone could just log in and wait for a queue to pop.
    Not at the start of cata, dungeons required CC and were relatively tough at launch but it did get that way.

VP is incredibly easy to get. do the Isle of Thunder dailies each day, along with your daily dungeon run, and LFR when you get to it, and you'll VP cap easily. but all the VP in the world won't do you any good unless you have factions you're honored with in order to buy VP gear, so I'd suggest trying to get honored with a few factions.

gearing takes awhile but it's not all that bad. you can also run Sha and Galleon each week, and use coins you find on the Isle of Thunder to get extra rolls on them. no need to worry about BOE's at all.

Not at the start of cata, dungeons required CC and were relatively tough at launch but it did get that way.
    yup, when people think of Cata they think Dragon Soul and blame the whole expansion for it. realistically though, what happened was too many people whined at actual difficult raids (T11 when Cata first hit) and demanded nerfs. Then they get them and then complain the raid (Dragon Soul) is too easy. Blizz just can't win :/ don't know about Firelands myself as I quit during that time.

Scarab Lord Superman-BladesEdge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    People say that WoW got casual friendly, but is there a possibility that its not casual friendly as WotLK, or am I just way too nostalgiac and its blurring my memory?

edit --- extremely relevant signature :|
    LK only got "casual friendly" after 3.2 when the flying tome came out for alts and tabards were introduced. Cata was the most alt-friendly expansion but that was also what sucked about it.

I don't think MoP is all that alt-unfriendly. I think people just got used to everything being so easy that once we had to "earn" it again, there was a HUGE uproar from the "hardcore raiders". Makes you wonder how those raiders could just sit there and complain while actual raiders were already exalted with most factions, bought the VP gear, and were already clearing T-14 25H content. Granted, not all guilds should be compared to progression guilds, but if they can do it in 2 weeks, why can't "raiders" do it 7 months later? Just my 2 cents.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We intend to disallow flying while leveling from 90 to 100, and have flying become available again in the first major patch for Warlords of Draenor. Source

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    LK only got "casual friendly" after 3.2 when the flying tome came out for alts and tabards were introduced. Cata was the most alt-friendly expansion but that was also what sucked about it.

I don't think MoP is all that alt-unfriendly. I think people just got used to everything being so easy that once we had to "earn" it again, there was a HUGE uproar from the "hardcore raiders". Makes you wonder how those raiders could just sit there and complain while actual raiders were already exalted with most factions, bought the VP gear, and were already clearing T-14 25H content. Granted, not all guilds should be compared to progression guilds, but if they can do it in 2 weeks, why can't "raiders" do it 7 months later? Just my 2 cents.
    You could argue that cata wasn't really super alt friendly until 4.3 where you could easily gear up a toon the same day as dinging 90 and then hit the LFR or a regular raid. Even the Troll dungeons in 4.1 weren't really easy, at least not at first. Sure you had tabards but you had to quest into twilight highlands at 87 in order to even open up the top recipes and even chaos orbs only dropped from dungeons. Pre raid gear was locked behind reps but the difference was you tossed on a tabard and ran the dungeons over and over.

But I totally agree with you that everyone got used to it being so easy that the so called "hardcore raiders" whined when actual raiders (or the bulk of people that raid) had all their reps and gear and had stopped doing dailies ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    yup, when people think of Cata they think Dragon Soul and blame the whole expansion for it. realistically though, what happened was too many people whined at actual difficult raids (T11 when Cata first hit) and demanded nerfs. Then they get them and then complain the raid (Dragon Soul) is too easy. Blizz just can't win :/ don't know about Firelands myself as I quit during that time.
    This. And heroics in DS weren't exactly all easy (some were) before the nerfs began rolling. I know Zon'ozz caused a lot of wipes.

The massive alt gearing and leveling only took place several months into DS.