15+ Year Old Account

Healing Talent Options : Tiers 3 and 4

So after the first week of ToT, I'm contemplating a change in my talent selections for holy. Previously, I was running Mindbender in Tier 3 and Desperate Prayer in Tier 4. However, with the way some encounters are designed, I'm wondering if it would be more efficient both for mana and for survivability to change these to Solace and Insanity and Angelic Bulwark, respectively.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I love Solace as Disc but hated it as Holy, Mindbender restores more mana and is less of a hassle, easier to hit MB once a minute then Solace every 10 secs as Holy.

I've always used Angelic Bulwark, seems to work great in TOT.

Deleted
    afaik desperate prayer still adds the holy mastery wheras angelic bulwark does not scale with mastery (for either disc or holy)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    afaik desperate prayer still adds the holy mastery wheras angelic bulwark does not scale with mastery (for either disc or holy)
    It has always had higher raw healing, but it costs a global and your attention. If I had attention to spare, fights wouldn't be hard in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by espoire View Post
    It has always had higher raw healing, but it costs a global and your attention. If I had attention to spare, fights wouldn't be hard in the first place.
    Not on the gcd. You can make arguments for picking angelic, it doesn't force you to stop in the middle of a cast, but unless the fight has some cc going out I'd always roll with desperate prayer, unless you are one of those guys who die with 3 healthstone charges up.

Regarding mindbender/solace I prefer mindbender for holy. You gain about the same mana, so the end result is basically that you are forced to exchange a global every 10 seconds for a free heal, with lower hps than some of your other options. Generally I wouldn't say that it's worth it to "tie up" a global like that, in low damage situations you don't really need the small free heal, and in high damage situations you want to cast other things. Solace for disc, mindbender for holy.

I much prefer the longer cooldown mindbender over solace. Assume a five and a half minute fight (330 seconds). Let's say that you aren't perfect in your mana cooldown usage. "Not perfect" on mindbender is probably 5 uses. "Not perfect" on solace is probably 11 seconds per cooldown (rather than 10) making 30 solace instead of 33. If you fail a little further (say 12 seconds), that is 27 to 28 uses.

The shorter the cooldown on the mana regen talent, the less room you have for error before you start significantly screwing yourself. As long as solace has a cooldown, I'm not going there.