Poll: Would you wear them?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I'm not sure if you are being purposely obtuse, but it is not like shorts were uncomfortable for thousands of years and then the profits Juwan Howard, Chris Webber, and Jalen Rose showed us the "way" of shorts. They only seem abnormal now because they aren't "in". Just like frosted tips were all the craze in the 90's and now is considered "gay", short length has gone the same way. Just look at this thread for examples. Someone mentioned that shorts below the knees are for women. The knee length is nothing more then an asinine construct of some college basketball players from 20 years ago. lol. The point is not that things can't change, rather, it is that they usually do. Fashion tends to have an oddly cyclical appeal and I find the backlash in this thread amusing.

Edit: I suck at quoting.

"Well there you have it folks, clearly things don't change and we should all dress like Larry Byrd again in innocence-shattering, dick-hugging short-shorts." -Response to that.
    Last edited by dontcare; 2013-03-11 at 05:23 PM.

Easy turbo, they're just shorts.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcare View Post
    Is everyone on this site under twenty years old and never seen a picture before the 1990's? The short length was considered normal for forever. In fact, short length going past the knees wasn't a "thing" until after the Fab 5. Maybe I am wrong about this (I am by no means a fashionista), but I guess Juwan Howard has permanently altered the allowable length of "masculine" short length. lol
    You are wrong about this. I was born in the 80s and think that shorts above the knee for men ought to stay in the past.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    I think from a practicality stand point these make sense. I mean short shorts are wayyy more comfortable than longer more traditional shorts. More movement, cooler and all around more comfortable.

However the question is am I willing to potentially look like a total tool for comfort? Or maybe if I'm lucky I can pull them off like some other folks.

I think it also comes down to the underwear necessary to wear them. I prefer nice loose boxers, let my boys be free, longer shorts let me continue to do so. Short shorts will require much snugger underwear and without getting too boastful, I do not enjoy confining my gentleman's sausage to restrictive clothing. Nor do I prefer clothing that may result in malfunction or free-balling incidents.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.