Is Symbiosis bugged?

I have noticed lately that when I leave a BG and I put Symbiosis on say a Deathknight as resto? I still have Icebound Fortitude

Or in raids, 2 druids can symb the same person. As well as the fact I can now apparently use Symbiosis in the middle of combat?

Or were these changes I just missed?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no, it is a little bugged

however the meschenic was chanced, to presist tru death, so yes if you cast in on someone in a instance you still keep it for 1 hour
    and yes you can cast it when your in combat, but swapping symbiosis (clicking it away) will invoke an 8 second cooldown on it (this is semi bugged as the cooldown does not apear until you try to recast it

i dont think it should be possiable to symb the same plater twice, this mgiht be a bug
    also sometimes when i cast it on someone in my raid and the fight stats its gone.. it seems to disapear sometimes
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    Yes and no, it is a little bugged

however the meschenic was chanced, to presist tru death, so yes if you cast in on someone in a instance you still keep it for 1 hour
    and yes you can cast it when your in combat, but swapping symbiosis (clicking it away) will invoke an 8 second cooldown on it (this is semi bugged as the cooldown does not apear until you try to recast it

i dont think it should be possiable to symb the same plater twice, this mgiht be a bug
    also sometimes when i cast it on someone in my raid and the fight stats its gone.. it seems to disapear sometimes
    Well I put Symb on our mage for Iceblock and then our Bear tank put Symb on the mage as well

If it is a bug I hope it's a bug that they don't fix. I like it. lol

Deleted
    I've noticed that Symbiosis falls off my target sometimes (right after casting it I mean) and I need to recast it about three times before it actually sticks. Highly annoying, especially if I don't notice it before a pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeria View Post
    I've noticed that Symbiosis falls off my target sometimes (right after casting it I mean) and I need to recast it about three times before it actually sticks. Highly annoying, especially if I don't notice it before a pull.
    I noticed this too. Though it only happens when you try to recast it on the same target it dropped/cancelled.

Or the 6sec cd that feels more like 10 since it delays to start.

castable in combat now. with a CD

stays with you if you leave the group too

i don't think it's a bug. i think it's an intended change. one which i like

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    castable in combat now. with a CD

stays with you if you leave the group too

i don't think it's a bug. i think it's an intended change. one which i like
    More like a bug with..benefits?

I really like being able to cast symbiosis in combat if I forget or wish to change halfway through a fight. However, after I have recast symbiosis in combat I cannot do so a second time even after waiting for the 8 second CD to expire. I believe this is intended so druids don't switch symbiosis with X classes throughout a fight for multiple benefits (i.e. symbiosis a spriest at the start for tranq, then a mage for block if i'm resto, then onto another spriest for yet another tranq, etc) but I have yet to find any notes about it.

"Symbiosis will now cancel properly if the Druid and the target remains separated for a period of time."

I'm really sad that was a bug. I thought it was an amazing implementation to allow us to actually benefit from our only new, unique 87 ability while not in a group. :|

In fact, I almost can't believe this was an unintended bug. I really thought they realized that it was absolutely ridiculous for us to be unable to use our shiny new mists ability while playing solo. Even if another class' level 87 ability isn't jaw-droppingly awesome, at least hitting it does something when you're not in a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    "Symbiosis will now cancel properly if the Druid and the target remains separated for a period of time."

I'm really sad that was a bug. I thought it was an amazing implementation to allow us to actually benefit from our only new, unique 87 ability while not in a group. :|

In fact, I almost can't believe this was an unintended bug. I really thought they realized that it was absolutely ridiculous for us to be unable to use our shiny new mists ability while playing solo. Even if another class' level 87 ability isn't jaw-droppingly awesome, at least hitting it does something when you're not in a group.
    I agree. It was nice being able to continue to use it outside of a group. It's not like it was OP, and only lasted for an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeria View Post
    If the player respecs or changes glyphs it will drop, don't know if that's the issue but it might be.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This has, sadly, been hotfixed. Symbiosis now correctly fades when you leave the group.

I have noticed it inconsistently dropping off after a wipe where we all release spirit. Sometimes it sticks, other times it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    More like a bug with..benefits?
    i guess so, cos they fixed it

at least it still works in combat, right? that's nice at least

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    i guess so, cos they fixed it

at least it still works in combat, right? that's nice at least
    Yeah still works in combat, still has a bit delayed cd before the actual cd, sometimes it stays when you release spirit (while in group/raid), always drops when leaving group and they fixed it dropping multiple times when you tried to symb the same person right after dropping/cancelling it yourself.

It's still bugged in that when you cancel it the cooldown doesn't start until you try to cast it again, and even then theres a delay on it. If anyone has twitter they should tweet Ghostcrawler and ask for it to be useable outside of a group and maybe make it fall off when you enter rbgs or arena as that would probably be unfair (but hey it would also expand our playable comps). I haven't noticed it ever falling off after wipes though on me at least. I had it on our rogue and it apparently fell off of him but I still had CoS o.o

While we're at it, wouldn't it be great if taurens had a pve racial .. Sometimes I wish I was a tauren over a troll but I don't really want to lose berserking -_-