Glyph for Rain of Fire to remove need for targeting

I started to play with destruction after patch, and found out that manually targeting with Rain of Fire every 8 second is rather annoying. As Rain of Fire is now used for single target fights too (I am sure that this is not unintended as blizzard cannot make same mistake twice in single expansion?), can we demand from them to introduce Glyph for Rain of Fire which will remove the need for targeting.

It would be glyph that is exactly opposite from Glyph of Hand of Gul'dan, so tech is there, and it can be implemented soon.
    Custom warlock script for Ovale Spell Priority addon
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ova...script-wip/#p1

Post this on the WoW forums, if a topic like this doesn't already exist. That would be great if they let you just target and press a button rather than clicking the area. They used to have a suggestion forum, but I guess they removed it at some point, so try the warlock forums instead I guess http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1012670/

Deleted
    I would give real money for that

Twitted gc with the idea early january, sadly with no response. Might want to try there too.

Deleted
    I just did, but he never answered any of my tweets before so...

Quote Originally Posted by randa View Post
    I started to play with destruction after patch, and found out that manually targeting with Rain of Fire every 8 second is rather annoying. As Rain of Fire is now used for single target fights too (I am sure that this is not unintended as blizzard cannot make same mistake twice in single expansion?), can we demand from them to introduce Glyph for Rain of Fire which will remove the need for targeting.

It would be glyph that is exactly opposite from Glyph of Hand of Gul'dan, so tech is there, and it can be implemented soon.
    I'm not sure how many destro locks actually use RoF in the the single target rotation, even if it's a single target increase (as sims show it to be). They probably don't have much data or had a reason to look into it.

Basically I'm not so sure that RoF being a single target increase is intended or not.

On Topic however: If they were to add the glyph, what would the range on RoF be? I think the max range you can place the circle is like 30-35 yards right now, but if they were to intend it to be in the single target rotation, I'd guess they'd up it to 40. (Which then begs the question, does RoF's max range un-glyphed get increases to 40 to keep it consistent?)

Personally I don't mind if they implement that sort of glyph, but I can't think of any time when I'd ever use it. If anything it'd promote bad play which is something that I'd frown upon as a Destro-lover :P

There's way too many times when I need/want to place the RoF off to the side off the boss so it catches both the boss and the adds.

Deleted
    Hmm now that you say it, there might not be a lot of applications except Ultraxion-like x)

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    On Topic however: If they were to add the glyph, what would the range on RoF be? I think the max range you can place the circle is like 30-35 yards right now, but if they were to intend it to be in the single target rotation, I'd guess they'd up it to 40. (Which then begs the question, does RoF's max range un-glyphed get increases to 40 to keep it consistent?)

Personally I don't mind if they implement that sort of glyph, but I can't think of any time when I'd ever use it. If anything it'd promote bad play which is something that I'd frown upon as a Destro-lover :P

There's way too many times when I need/want to place the RoF off to the side off the boss so it catches both the boss and the adds.
    Everything you said could be applied to Hand of Gul'dan and yet this spell exists in both forms, targeted and not targeted. And we warlocks managed to survive with all sorts of ranges on our spells for 3 expansions, we could survive with non targeted Rain of Fire that has 35 yards range. Any way you could say that today's 35 yard range on Rain of Fire is somewhat an anomaly when you take into consideration other spells.
    Custom warlock script for Ovale Spell Priority addon
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ova...script-wip/#p1

While in the Sim on a single target RoF is a DPS increase, it's so marginal that it's likely that most players can't actually increase their DPS using it. It's all about the targeting reticule and how clunky/slow it is to operate.

If you feel it's too much on single target fights, I'd recommend just dropping it from the rotation. You'll likely get better results.

Two or more targets, and all I can say is "DON'T NERF MY ROF BRAH".

Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    Two or more targets, and all I can say is "DON'T NERF MY ROF BRAH".
    PLEASE DON'T! RoF is the best spell EVAH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    PLEASE DON'T! RoF is the best spell EVAH!
    Nah, Combustion is. Shame about the rest of Mage's toolkit/rotation :P

OT, such a glyph would be wonderful even in 'normal' AoE when everything is stacked up since everything under FnB needs a target anyway. So yeah, take this suggestion to the real forums (EU doesn't count).

Bringing this up might just cause a change to RoF since it's probably not intended to be used for single target. And how much of a single target boost does it even give, besides Ember generation?

Whether or not people are using RoF on single targets is irrelevent. Blizzard don't want you using AOE like that and would never support this glyph.

Expect a change to RoF's ember generation next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Bringing this up might just cause a change to RoF since it's probably not intended to be used for single target. And how much of a single target boost does it even give, besides Ember generation?
    It's significant but small, and the second the target steps out of the RoF for more than 1 tick it's a DPS loss to have casted it.

(It's basically neutral and probably detrimental to all but the most skilled at encounter mechanics and destro)

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I just did, but he never answered any of my tweets before so...
    I'm sure with the SC II xpac out tomorrow they have a PR lockdown on anything non-SC II related. I was thinking we might see another small balance pass before heroics open up tomorrow, but then remembered the xpac dropping tomorrow . . .