Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Aeonaxx reduced spawn timer?

    A few days ago I got my second Phosphorescent Stone Drake, and I started to wonder if they'd reduced the spawn timer of Aeonaxx.

    Anyone who has any idea?

    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral Amirila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    At the computer, waiting for Overwatch
    Posts
    1,107
    It's just rude to kill him again after you've already got the mount, tbh..
    Patch 6.0 will not known for the invasion of the iron horde, but rather the unrelenting brutal slaughter of countless frogs.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome ThatInternet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shrine of Talos
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    It's just rude to kill him again after you've already got the mount, tbh..
    Seriously... WTF Op?
    dictated but not read.

  4. #4
    A not-so-thinly-veiled "I got a second mount, screw you guys" thread.

  5. #5
    Legendary! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    6,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    It's just rude to kill him again after you've already got the mount, tbh..
    Also, I don't see why one would do that - other than to piss off others.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans Seriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    EU-Garrosh
    Posts
    2,828
    No news about Aeonaxx spawn timer.

    Also: Flame-baiting much?

  7. #7
    Mechagnome Ineko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    711
    Way to let someone who hasn't got it yet give it a go! /end sarcasm

    My friend even let me kill it because he only had 150% flying and wasn't planning on upgrading any time soon so he thought it would be waste to take the kill, and then you kill when you already have it!?
    Last edited by Ineko; 2013-03-12 at 12:21 PM.

  8. #8
    I saw him, and thought for a second that I was on another account, and I didn't exactly hurry to get to him either. It just seemed like the demand was low, so I did it for fun. I figured that because nobody was there, the respawn has been lowered, and thus I made this thread.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  9. #9
    Rename thread to 'Hey look at me being a massive Dbag'

    [This post has been infracted for flaming.]
    Last edited by Rivelle; 2013-03-12 at 12:54 PM.

  10. #10
    Dreadlord ItsRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    I saw him, and thought for a second that I was on another account, and I didn't exactly hurry to get to him either. It just seemed like the demand was low, so I did it for fun. I figured that because nobody was there, the respawn has been lowered, and thus I made this thread.
    Spawn rate has been lowered, cross realm zones have been added, so people stop farming him. Sounds totally legit.

    Brag much?

    Bragging about being a dick in-game is totally worth it! </sarcasm>

  11. #11
    Legendary! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    6,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    I saw him, and thought for a second that I was on another account, and I didn't exactly hurry to get to him either. It just seemed like the demand was low, so I did it for fun. I figured that because nobody was there, the respawn has been lowered, and thus I made this thread.
    You know...you could have just leave it alone - maybe someone who wants the mount would have passed by a few minutes later.
    But yeah, it's way more fun to kill it.../endsarcasm

  12. #12
    Legendary! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    6,296
    Why would you not tell someone else that he is spawned? if you don't have any friends (seems likely), at least let random people in map chat know or something.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    Spawn rate has been lowered, cross realm zones have been added, so people stop farming him. Sounds totally legit.

    Brag much?

    Bragging about being a dick in-game is totally worth it! </sarcasm>
    Some guy actually came by when I was riding him, and I invited him, but he was unable to get the mount when Aeonaxx was down. I wasn't a dick on purpose. <.<

    Edit: on an off note, the anger in this thread is both bothering and somewhat amusing, even though I didn't make the thread for that.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  14. #14
    Dreadlord Nexsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    816
    I camped this back in Cata. Took me exactly 31 days of sitting in that zone for 12+ hours a day. To kill it after you already have it is just awful. There are other people like me, that are sitting and waiting and hoping to get it, and I feel their pain and stress because I was once a camper.

    Shame on you.

    Also, adding this before you say, "Well, nobody was around."

    You could have went to trade and shouted out or left it be until someone came to check or log on to camp.

    The person had to be in the exact same spot as you when the kill happened^ Also, if it's a CRZ added person, the cross realm trading may have caused it not to trade. Not sure how that works.
    Last edited by Nexsa; 2013-03-12 at 12:26 PM.

  15. #15
    "Flame bait much?"

    Wow.. If you're so bothered about someone getting a second mount, just fucking end your life right now.

    [This post has been infracted for flaming.]
    Last edited by Rivelle; 2013-03-12 at 12:56 PM.

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk twistedsista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    the west country
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Conestul View Post
    "Flame bait much?"

    Wow.. If you're so bothered about someone getting a second mount, just fucking end your life right now.


  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Some guy actually came by when I was riding him, and I invited him, but he was unable to get the mount when Aeonaxx was down. I wasn't a dick on purpose. <.<
    So, you got caught being a dick(why else would you have started the encounter), and tried to make up for it by letting someone else in the group, knowing full well that it isn't a "shared" mob, making yourself an even bigger dick?
    You say that I'm cold, and sometimes I'm out of control.

  18. #18
    Thiny veiled gloat thread. Dull.

  19. #19
    Dreadlord ItsRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Edit: on an off note, the anger in this thread is both bothering and somewhat amusing, even though I didn't make the thread for that.
    I hope you understand not a single person on this forum will believe a word you just said. Well, yeah, I'll believe it that you're finding it amusing.

    Even if for the sake of the argument you weren't trying to brag about being a dick, what's the actual train of thought behind finding a second drake and assuming it's spawn chances are lowered? If anything, you should be considering yourself lucky in that case. :/

    I'm also going to assume you blacked out your own name because killing the drake for the second time is not a dick move at all. I'll put an end sarcasm tag here again, just in case. </sarcasm>

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexanna View Post
    So, you got caught being a dick(why else would you have started the encounter), and tried to make up for it by letting someone else in the group, knowing full well that it isn't a "shared" mob, making yourself an even bigger dick?
    Ah, yes. That was definitely it.

    Anger of this thread is now fully amusing me. Point of thread answered and done. I know now that the spawn timer wasn't reduced.
    You people seem to expect an apology. Yes, I apologise for taking a mount that none of you would've gotten anyway. You guys cry out with full fury, as if I'd personally offended you by doing it. Pretty silly, you guys.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •