Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #141
    If you give 1 extra piece of loot to 10 man, why would anybody do 25 man?

  2. #142
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    181
    You havent finished a single instance last tier on normal. You only have 1 kill on half of the bosses (very few kills in total) and 485-490 ilvl seems low to you? I'm sorry but for that number of kills your item leves should not be higher

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    If you give 1 extra piece of loot to 10 man, why would anybody do 25 man?
    because I heard they like it so much? or maybe because Blizzard handed to you thunderforged gear that is 6ilvl higher? pick one.

  4. #144
    Herald of the Titans Seriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    EU-Garrosh
    Posts
    2,828
    It's depressing to disenchant 50% of your loot because it's agi-mail or a rogue-dagger or spirit-cloth on the day when your only priest isn't available for raid

  5. #145
    We'd kill this week 5 bosses and we had DE 4 pieces of loot. Considering that Council didn't drop tier, we only got (without charms) 5 useful items. I know that we have the extra loot from the coins, but maybe RNG loot in 10man is to RNG. I love the idea of adjusting the loot table to the raidcomp, but it can be easily exploited, so, dropping 3 items, choose 2, its a good alternative. (in 25 man, drop 1-2 more, and choose).

  6. #146
    Its more like 1.5 items per boss in 10mans because of raid setups which ends up with stuff getting disenchanted.

    "Oh, just get a proper raid setup then"
    Not everyone has that luxury.

    Hell, you could even say that the 10 man raids doesnt support the huge loot tables the new bosses currently have.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    If you give 1 extra piece of loot to 10 man, why would anybody do 25 man?
    Because people said they love 25 and would raid 25 anyway? Nowadays it is not balanced, 25 is plain overrewarding format. Basically anyone who raid 25 is swimming in loot while in 10 ppl you get one piece of loot every five bosses, something like that. Since 25 is much easier this tier, the gearing speed makes it even more easier, which leads to even more easy loot, which leads to even more easy kills, etc, etc. Its unfair, and Blizz sucks with decisions like that.

  8. #148
    If you think of raids as separated groups it doesnt make sense for 10 man to drop extra items.

    10 man (2 groups - 2 drops)
    25 man (5 groups - 5 drops)

    look at the groups separatly its the same 1/5 chance of possible upgrade. The difference is that a wrong item can screw a 10 man group more than a wrong item in a 25 man group. But at the same time getting one upgrade 1/10, in 10 man makes more difference to the entire raid than it does for 1/25 players in 25 man.

    So basically it evens out. 1/10 is always more than 1/25. but both for the good and for the bad. Increasing the droprate would be unfair and illogical.

  9. #149
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    676
    Don't forget the fact that 25man can get 3x of the same item from the boss. Everyone loves their spirit plate and rogue daggers when you have 1 holy paladin and 1 rogue in 25man raid.
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 92 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Don't forget the fact that 25man can get 3x of the same item from the boss. Everyone loves their spirit plate and rogue daggers when you have 1 holy paladin and 1 rogue in 25man raid.
    We didnt have nor rogue nor holy paladin nor any shaman. 2 bosses with loot completely d/ed 4 more with offspecs. When u gona have 100% loot from boss not used on 25man? Out of nearly 30 items looted some ppl didnt get a single piece.

    With 20 items in the loot table of the bosses now, the 10 man loot will need something like normal item tokens to be able to gear. Last expansion i was raiding 25, after 10 weeks we had 14 conquerer users with 4 set on offspecs. We barely geared mainspecs in 10 weeks on 10 man.

    The best option i read about it in the thread was. Have drops be based on BOTH specs played by players. Feels very demoralizing when a boss drops 1h sword 3 weeks in a row and u have only a tank to use it.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopefreshx View Post
    Lei Shi is probably a terrible example, easiest boss all tier.
    in my experiences 10 mans have killed everything except maybe horridon in half the pulls as 25 mans.

    every 10 man raider i've ever talked to to who claims 25s are easier then 10s has not set foot in a 25 man since wolk. they have NO basis to judge if they are harder or not because they haven't experienced them. most 25 man raiders WILL however run content on 10 man, and can compare it to their experience on 25 man.

    the fact that 10s are asking more more loot is insulting, the gear to raider ratio is only marginally weighed in favor of 25s ( and look for all the good that did as more people flock to the easier format) and rng can screw a 25 man raid just as easily as it can screw a 10 man raid.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  12. #152
    Moderator Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Since 25 is much easier this tier, the gearing speed makes it even more easier, which leads to even more easy loot, which leads to even more easy kills, etc, etc. Its unfair, and Blizz sucks with decisions like that.
    Damn 25 is much easier this tier? Thanks for letting us know the difficulty of some of the end tier bosses when several of them were tested on a very limited basis and the last two were not tested at all. Is there anything else you can foresee in your crystal ball?

    And by saying this tier you make it seem like 25 man wasn't easier in every other tier. Don't you want to add something to the effect of "10 man has been harder every tier because if 1 person dies in 10 man it's 10% of your raid and in 25 man it's only 4% of your raid"?

  13. #153
    Dreadlord Elapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Make it 20, just to be sure everyone gets loot. Oh and Off-spec can get loot too then
    Just drop the entire friggin' loot table for said boss. Twice. otherwise 2 people might fight over an item.

    Seriously, the amount of loot is fine. There needs to be a reason to clear a raid every week, otherwise you could just sit there, kill all the bosses once and wait for the next content patch...
    CPU: I7 2600k @ 3.5GHz - GPU:ASUS DCUIIO GTX680 MOBO: MSI Z68-GD65 G3 - RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR3 - SSD: MX100 512GB - HDD: WD Blue 1TB/WD Green 2TB - CASE: Aerocool Xwarrior - Monitor: Samsung SA300 23" + Medion 23" (2x 1080p) - PSU: Corsair TX 850 - OS: Win7 Ultimate 64

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And 97% of the Internet knows that 99% of statistics are made up on the spot!

  14. #154
    Dreadlord nimryas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    806
    I just came up with this idea and havent given it much thoughts as to con's and pro's but, wouldnt it be so much easier and better if (for instance in a 10man) when a boss has been killed everybody rolls a 'dice'. The 2 highest players would be eligible to pick something from the bosses loot table, they can also pass down their win to number three on the list and so forth. This way would prevent shitty events like farming a boss beyond a new raid patch just to get that BiS item or whatever.

    This might not work for pugs, so I suggest that the group in its entirely can vote for which kind of loot distribution system to use, and to use the method i described above it would need 100% vote for the system, so an all guildies group would be able to use this system. Still lots of loopholes and shit..

    Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

  15. #155
    Herald of the Titans Seriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    EU-Garrosh
    Posts
    2,828
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    in my experiences 10 mans have killed everything except maybe horridon in half the pulls as 25 mans.

    every 10 man raider i've ever talked to to who claims 25s are easier then 10s has not set foot in a 25 man since wolk. they have NO basis to judge if they are harder or not because they haven't experienced them. most 25 man raiders WILL however run content on 10 man, and can compare it to their experience on 25 man.

    the fact that 10s are asking more more loot is insulting, the gear to raider ratio is only marginally weighed in favor of 25s ( and look for all the good that did as more people flock to the easier format) and rng can screw a 25 man raid just as easily as it can screw a 10 man raid.
    Hello! Former 25-man raid here. Nefarian 25 server first etc. Now that that is out of the way... Holy hell, was that crap annoying on 10-man. The entirety of T11 was at least equal to 25-man difficulty - with Al'akir being the one big outlier due to space issues. T12 felt easier for me on 10-man, but I had 25-man gear levels when we cleared it during T13, so I'm probably not one to say "lol, 10-mans are roflcopter" because... I overgeared them by that point. T13's difficulties lay in different aspects depending on whether you looked at 10 oder 25-man. Spine/Madness are perfect examples of this. Spine easier on 10-man. Madness harder on 10-man.

    So, been there, done that. On various alts.

    In MoP, the difficulty of 10-mans shot up significantly. Whenever you have abilities that target random people - bam! 10 man gets instagibs (MSV's Garajal, and currently Council's Sand Bolts when interrupts are on CD); whenever you have abilities that require some people to do something: half your raid is busy on 10-man. Heck, at Megaera, you tend to have 2 healers constantly kiting frostbeams and cinders. Bah. Annoying thing.

    If I hadn't founded the guild that I am in now with friends and if we hadn't decided to go 10-man this expansion, the dozen of people that we are, I'd still be raiding 25-man, and I would have an easier time while Healing Rain afking (a bit of an exaggeration, but you know how these things work ^^).

    10-mans are long since past the point of when they were a laughing stock for 25-man raiders. Seriously. Why can't we, after all this time, and after all that we have seen, not finally admit that both raid sizes have their difficulties and their advantages? In the end, it probably evens out. But I, playing the main that I play, I most certainly would have a much easier time in a 25-man.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by nimryas View Post
    I just came up with this idea and havent given it much thoughts as to con's and pro's but, wouldnt it be so much easier and better if (for instance in a 10man) when a boss has been killed everybody rolls a 'dice'. The 2 highest players would be eligible to pick something from the bosses loot table, they can also pass down their win to number three on the list and so forth. This way would prevent shitty events like farming a boss beyond a new raid patch just to get that BiS item or whatever.

    This might not work for pugs, so I suggest that the group in its entirely can vote for which kind of loot distribution system to use, and to use the method i described above it would need 100% vote for the system, so an all guildies group would be able to use this system. Still lots of loopholes and shit..
    So basically, 10 man guilds get to pick which 2 players get loot and those 2 players can pick any loot they want from the loot table?

    How about, no?

    There needs to be RNG in loot, simple as that.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  17. #157
    The Patient Arainie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    270
    People are forgetting one rather big factor in the gearing up debate between 10 and 25.

    A 10man guild normally has 11-13 raiders, let's average at 12. That means 120% of a full raid group has to be geared up to keep the guild going.
    A 25man guild normally has 32-34 raiders, let's average at 33. That means 33/25 = 132% of a full raid group has to be geared up to keep the guild going.
    That the loot drops may sometimes be more awkward in 10m is true since you have a harder time filling all different gear types, but keep in mind that 25 man groups tend to have tank plate and off pieces, intellect plate and intellect mail in abundance that ends up being disenchanted when half of the team haven't even seen the first item. Adding the extra raid members on the bench to gear up (12% additional benchers) on top of that and I think we're pretty much good on advantages and disadvantages.

    IMO the gearing curve is about equal in 10man and 25man for the guild as a whole, while certain individuals may suffer more in 10man while others feel like it's raining loot. The one exception might be tier tokens, but to keep that on an even level you'd have to increase it to 2/5 tokens, otherwise 10man teams would be fully decked out in tier while 25man guilds have gotten half way through their raiding team.
    Last edited by Arainie; 2013-03-13 at 04:08 PM.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    People are forgetting one rather big factor in the gearing up debate between 10 and 25.

    A 10man guild normally has 11-13 raiders, let's average at 12. That means 120% of a full raid group has to be geared up to keep the guild going.
    A 25man guild normally has 32-34 raiders, let's average at 33. That means 33/25 = 132% of a full raid group has to be geared up to keep the guild going.
    That the loot drops may sometimes be more awkward in 10m is true since you have a harder time filling all different gear types, but keep in mind that 25 man groups tend to have tank plate and off pieces, intellect plate and intellect mail in abundance that ends up being disenchanted when half of the team haven't even seen the first item. Adding the extra raid members on the bench to gear up (12% additional benchers) on top of that and I think we're pretty much good on advantages and disadvantages.
    This is also very true. The current 10 man guild I am in have a roster of 11 people. The last 25 man guild in was over 35 people, closer to 40 people.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    10-mans are long since past the point of when they were a laughing stock for 25-man raiders. Seriously. Why can't we, after all this time, and after all that we have seen, not finally admit that both raid sizes have their difficulties and their advantages? In the end, it probably evens out. But I, playing the main that I play, I most certainly would have a much easier time in a 25-man.
    because 25 man raiders get rewarded less for what is often more work. at best the encounters are balanced between the two formats, at worst 25 is harder.

    this doesn't take into account the massive logistical issues and higher burn out rate that 25s have to contend with. asking for more loot on a format that takes less work ( encounter balance aside) is insulting. and throwing loot at the problem of the floundering 25 man format ( lolthunderforged) isn't going to solve it. 25s need more logistical support and things that incentivise 25s with out damaging 10s ( greater valor per boss, reduced cost feasts/pots/flasks/enchants, unique item skins) they take more work to maintain and run, and they are not rewarded nearly enough for it. and 10 mans want MORE? are you kidding me?

    i've raided 10 and 25 man content for three xpacs now. i can say with absolute certainty that nine times out of ten, the encounters are harder on 25 man. 10 man raiders who do 10 man content have no basis for saying one format is harder then the other because they haven't done them on both formats, where as 25 man raiders WILL do them in both formats.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    It's depressing to disenchant 50% of your loot because it's agi-mail or a rogue-dagger or spirit-cloth on the day when your only priest isn't available for raid
    Indeed, it's a running joke in my guild that whenever we do Stone Guards the agi dagger will always drop (despite not having a single rogue raider). I would say this, let 25 man keep the Thunderforged boost type of thing, make it so 10-man has a much higher chance to drop loot specifically for the classes in the raid. This would fix the main issue with 10 man looting: the lack of compensation for various comps.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-13 at 11:56 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    because 25 man raiders get rewarded less for what is often more work. at best the encounters are balanced between the two formats, at worst 25 is harder.

    this doesn't take into account the massive logistical issues and higher burn out rate that 25s have to contend with. asking for more loot on a format that takes less work ( encounter balance aside) is insulting. and throwing loot at the problem of the floundering 25 man format ( lolthunderforged) isn't going to solve it. 25s need more logistical support and things that incentivise 25s with out damaging 10s ( greater valor per boss, reduced cost feasts/pots/flasks/enchants, unique item skins) they take more work to maintain and run, and they are not rewarded nearly enough for it. and 10 mans want MORE? are you kidding me?

    i've raided 10 and 25 man content for three xpacs now. i can say with absolute certainty that nine times out of ten, the encounters are harder on 25 man. 10 man raiders who do 10 man content have no basis for saying one format is harder then the other because they haven't done them on both formats, where as 25 man raiders WILL do them in both formats.
    Uh, I've raided both and I find 25 man far easier, much more room for error. The only harder part about 25 man is keeping more people playing and raiding but it's not like 10 man doesn't have the exact same problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •