Thread: Levitate issue

Deleted

Levitate issue

Hi everyone, once again, sorry for my bad english,

so...I've noticed since Cata come out that Levitate is not working properly everytime, the problem happen to me is basically that I cant walk on water at first attempt, I mean I'm running to the river, jump,cast Levitate while jumping, 80% I go down the water 20% It works ....
    Now imagine you are carry the flag on a BG like TwinP or WG,run run run,you see the river,cast shield to let BodyandSouls proc, you are even more faster and ready to jump -3 -2 -1 JUMP.........swim /cought cought -.-
    It is a bit annoying....
    Anyone has the same problem?

I know its a silly complain but....why this?

Thx in advance for any feedback.

It depends on the angle of your camera when moving forward. When hitting your move forward button ('w' by default), you are telling your toon to move in a direction away from the camera. If that direction happens to go too much downwards, you will break the water surface and enter the water.

I believe (not 100% sure) the treshold is at a 45 degree slope "down". Either way, just change your camera angle to something less "down-facing" before traversing bodies of water, and it should be good.

Or did I miss something?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    It depends on the angle of your camera when moving forward. When hitting your move forward button ('w' by default), you are telling your toon to move in a direction away from the camera. If that direction happens to go too much downwards, you will break the water surface and enter the water.

I believe (not 100% sure) the treshold is at a 45 degree slope "down". Either way, just change your camera angle to something less "down-facing" before traversing bodies of water, and it should be good.

Or did I miss something?
    You are right. Indeed if I force my camera view to the sky while running It doesn't happen.......crap.....

They should fix it, if you want to go under water during levitate you should just clik on your buff and remove levitate.

However thx to your feedback mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylex View Post

They should fix it, if you want to go under water during levitate you should just clik on your buff and remove levitate.

However thx to your feedback mate.
    hold right mouse button and move camera down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dazb View Post
    hold right mouse button and move camera down
    I dont want to go underwater. I know how to do.

Whats the point to pay attention to your camera?Other spell that are affected by camera?It is intended? I dont think so.

I dont think shaman or dk have to set their cameras when walk on water.....

/sad

Deleted
    I dont want to go underwater. I know how to do.

Whats the point to pay attention to your camera?Other spell that are affected by camera?It is intended? I dont think so.

I dont think shaman or dk have to set their cameras when walk on water.....

/sad
    It happens with any form of water walking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedrich View Post
    It happens with any form of water walking.
    Are you sure?

Deleted
    Are you sure?
    Yes, I have the issue with water walking elixir, shaman water walk and path of frost.

Are you sure?
    Yes. It's been like that for like...ever. Not ever, but I've noticed it in WotLK first time, I think. And no, it's not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Yes. It's been like that for like...ever. Not ever, but I've noticed it in WotLK first time, I think. And no, it's not a bug.
    IIRC, it started happening when they let you use land mounts in water. I honestly doubt it will ever be fixed.