Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mage/ First ranking TOT

The first appeared in wol rankings.
    For example, the first mage is ranked 491 on Tortos, 130 on Horridon, 75 on Lei Shen ...
    These fights are symptomatic of the current problems of the mage.
    I looked at the other encounters is almost the same thing a little better.
    Blizzard will he open your eyes and react???
    Something must be done quickly to help mages multitarget configuration.
    And do not bother telling me it will get better with 535 ilvl of us know very well that it will always be the same.

Deleted
    Have to agree, we need our single target dps boosted and fast. We cant compete with other classes on heavy movement fights and get destroyed on multi target fights. You just cant have multi dot classes having better single target dps then mages. Our AoE sucks big time also. Mages are just broken, hurry up and fix us Blizz...

Deleted
    I gave up on blizzard, I'm just trying to reroll to warlock, this expansion has not been very mage friendly, and this patch is just horrible for mages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    I gave up on blizzard, I'm just trying to reroll to warlock, this expansion has not been very mage friendly, and this patch is just horrible for mages.
    The latest patch (5.1) mages were very competitive.

Deleted
    this expansion has not been very mage friendly, and this patch is just horrible for mages.
    Not true, 5.0 fire was insane till the nerf and 5.1 arcane was really easy to play and had great overall dps. I do agree that 5.2 brought mages down to the bottom of the rankings and it will really need some fixing(or changes) to make it viable again.

That patch has come and gone though.
    Kifimbo,
    US-Garona

Living Bomb changes most certainly did not help on fights like Horridon, single target is pretty sketchy too, the RNG as a fire mage right now can make one pull quality and the next very subpar.

Mages have been crippled. I managed to rank 63rd frost mage on Mageara. The really sad part about this....I was 40k off the other dps in my raid, who ranked around 140th and up. There is just no way to be competitive with other dps in ToT at this time. I competed with these guys last week for top spots on the meters on every fight pre-patch and now i can't even get close to them. I am currently wearing 512 ilvl equipped and am just as geared as they are. this is beyond ridiculous.

Deleted
    Mages have been crippled. I managed to rank 63rd frost mage on Mageara. The really sad part about this....I was 40k off the other dps in my raid, who ranked around 140th and up. There is just no way to be competitive with other dps in ToT at this time. I competed with these guys last week for top spots on the meters on every fight pre-patch and now i can't even get close to them. I am currently wearing 512 ilvl equipped and am just as geared as they are. this is beyond ridiculous.

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit179 View Post
    Have to agree, we need our single target dps boosted and fast.
    Single target and cleave damage is good. What we need is better aoe. Old ignite spreading without target limitation and LB spreading would be good instead of current retarted Arcane Explosion spam.
    Last edited by Akelina; 2013-03-11 at 05:47 PM.

this expansion has not been very mage friendly, and this patch is just horrible for mages.
    this expansion has not been very mage friendly.
    Not sure if trolling

Hmm this is somewhat true i ranked #2 on council and was 4th on dps in our 10 man (The only other high rank was ele sham he ranked #3 and he was even lower on dps than me). So we have a problem but so have ele shams for example its not just us

So you're saying that mages are middle of the pack now instead of a top class for every fight?

Good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of all classes when it comes to nerfing, mages make me laugh the most. They're always so fucking dominant and one week in a new patch and players are rerolling LOL

Mages have no right to complain about anything. The single most OP class in the history of wow. It is your turn to take a seat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hatestorm View Post
    Not sure if trolling
    I disagree with your way of letting blaxter know that you think he is wrong. However, I do have to agree on the main point. The only time which could be considered as 'Mage unfriendly' was at the very start of raiding (read: when no one had any epics), and patch 5.2. The vast majority of this expansion pack so far has been very good for us DPS wise. Mechanics are still lacking but number wise we did amazing. First as Fire, then as Arcane.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    So you're saying that mages are middle of the pack now instead of a top class for every fight?

Good.
    Middle?

I Wish!

Though it sounds like you stumbled in here by accident >.<

Check out raidbots, the average level of mages overall is bottom 5 classes group, that isnt middle, thats the foot...

Quote Originally Posted by hatestorm View Post
    Not sure if trolling
    In case you were unaware, the level 90 mage talents have been a sore spot since beta. There are other numerous issues that have been brought up, but it's not really worth going into since it seems you aren't really concerned with the mage QoL issues and more about baiting the OP.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit179 View Post
    Have to agree, we need our single target dps boosted and fast. We cant compete with other classes on heavy movement fights and get destroyed on multi target fights. You just cant have multi dot classes having better single target dps then mages. Our AoE sucks big time also. Mages are just broken, hurry up and fix us Blizz...
    Mage's single target is the only thing that doesn't have to be touched ..

Deleted
    I wasn't trolling or at least was not my intention. 5.1 dps was awesome for mages but from the beginning of the expansion the design of all specs (only talking from pve pov, I don't have any experience on pvp) has been just broken. Frost does not scale well, fire is the opposite and arcane well... they don't know what the frak to do with arcane, and the only way for the spec to "actually work" was with a "bug" in their design (to use scorch).

Now with 5.2, they have not deal with the real problem, the design of the specs. Besides that they just nerf the damage, so now you have a dps class without any support for your raid group and with the worst damage overall (see raidbots). I kept playing the class until now because at least I had damage, but now I can contribute to my raid a lot more with any other caster class. Maybe at the end of this tier fire will be on top, I don't know, but then the tier will be ended, is nonsense, at the end of the tier I don't care the damage I'll do. I like progression, not farming.