Deleted

[PvP] Glyph of Concussive Shot

Does anyone miss this? I do, this was one of the main reasons I enjoyed my hunter so much in Cata. I don't know how this one felt if you were on the receiving end, but for a hunter it was just great. Even outside of organized PvP, in duels or world PvP this was great fun. Being able to reduce the movement speed of a Pala or DK sitting on a flying mount by 90% (!!) enabled me to kill them in air, if they dared to come close enough to ground level for a split second only.

The bad part is, that it wasn't a nerf. In MoP beta they experimented with merging concussive shot with arcane shot, which didn't play out well, so they reverted the change. The glyph got lost in the process, it obviously got removed simultaneously with the concussive shot removal, but didn't get restored when conc. shot made a comeback. Not many players complained about this on the forums. I'm gonna do a thread soon, but only on the EU forums, and I don't know if those are of any importance to the developers, and obviously anyone who's not a hunter will say "no" to this glyph.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2013-03-11 at 02:34 PM.

OP glyph

/10char

Yes I miss it, but it was probably the most overpowered glyph in the entire game. 40 yard instant slow that negated any movement speed increases with 100% uptime

Yeah I only really used it on flying mounts as I don't really PvP much. But that part of it was hilarious, watching them move at a ludicrously slow speed desperately trying to fly back up out of range. I suspect most people that I hit with it didn't fully understand what was happening.

Very good it change, hope it never returns.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    imo, they should bring back the glyph and that it only affects people with flying mounts. flying mounts is a huge problem and bringing that aspect back will make those gankers think twice about coming down

Deleted
    The best would be to implement this glyph into the chimera shot slow. So only MM can have it. This will never happen of course, since hunters are not going to receive any PVP utility buffs soon.

It was f'ing awesome but totally negating someone's sprint was pretty OP.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Tt would be too OP. This made ​​sense in the days when the hunter had minimal range.

I dunno what you're all taking about, when i use it it still stops a rogues sprint and slows peoples mounts to being able to catch up to on foot. It musta been made baseline, people just don't notice because the glyph is gone. either that or i'm going crazy... i mean i do play a hunter, the buggy nature of our class have to get to my brain some day

It's definitely not baseline. The glyph slowed fliers to from the ~450% you're at with guild perk down to 50%. Now it's just that ~450% to somewhere in the 200's, which is still epic ground mount speed, plenty of speed to get away from you before you can do any real damage to them.

It still slows a rogues sprint, sure, but it doesn't negate their sprint and then slow them. So right now it's 1 * 1.7 *0.5 = 85% speed (assuming unglyphed sprint), whereas with the glyph it'd be: 1 *0.5 = 50% speed (the 1.7 is negated entirely)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    I dunno what you're all taking about, when i use it it still stops a rogues sprint and slows peoples mounts to being able to catch up to on foot. It musta been made baseline, people just don't notice because the glyph is gone. either that or i'm going crazy... i mean i do play a hunter, the buggy nature of our class have to get to my brain some day
    It used to reduce anyone and anything to 50% speed and now it reduces by 50% speed. Let's say a rogue's sprint is 150% now it reduces to 75% where it used to reduce to 50%.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

well it was overpowered cuz we cannot shoot our ranged weapon in melee range. Now you can!