Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    it's irrelevant on farm content.. besides, he did try it on durumu and posted the logs.. Which showed a significant improvement.. But that is still just one log.. i'd suggest keeping that setup for farm and post more logs so we can get some real data to work with.
    Farm content? The tier just started. Nobody has Hs on farm.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  2. #102
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Farm content? The tier just started. Nobody has Hs on farm.
    The person in question didn't do it on HC

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    The person in question didn't do it on HC
    No, but I'm pretty sure they have intentions of doing the fights on H sometime in the future.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  4. #104
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    No, but I'm pretty sure they have intentions of doing the fights on H sometime in the future.
    Yes, but that means that the normal clear of the raid then would be considered farm, no?

  5. #105
    Yeah, it would be.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  6. #106
    Sorry to hijack the thread but it seemd the best place to ask, i have 2set and 522 Talisman (which is suprisingly good, not sure if bugged), because of this would it be best to go with the Crit>haste>mastery prio now? I assumed it would be but i'm not the best at theorycrafting

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread but it seemd the best place to ask, i have 2set and 522 Talisman (which is suprisingly good, not sure if bugged), because of this would it be best to go with the Crit>haste>mastery prio now? I assumed it would be but i'm not the best at theorycrafting
    Considering you have the Talisman (and therefore a lot of haste already) I would wait untill a 2nd RPPM trinket before going for haste over mastery.
    My best advice though, would be to hit the dummy, and try it out.
    Go for 10 mins on the dummy with Crit>Mastery>Haste, then another 10 mins with Crit>Haste>Mastery, and compare the 2.

    Please let us know what you find out.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganbai View Post
    Considering you have the Talisman (and therefore a lot of haste already) I would wait untill a 2nd RPPM trinket before going for haste over mastery.
    My best advice though, would be to hit the dummy, and try it out.
    Go for 10 mins on the dummy with Crit>Mastery>Haste, then another 10 mins with Crit>Haste>Mastery, and compare the 2.

    Please let us know what you find out.
    It's really weird, sim shows 102k with talisman, and 103k with hc bottle. But on dummy i got 126k with talisman (tried 4x 5minutes - no double stampede etc) and 104k with bottle, so it's kinda confusing. It's either very underrated or it's a bug (most likely). 20k dps gain on HC bottle 2/2 upgraded for normal talisman seems too much
    Last edited by Hamhead223; 2013-03-22 at 01:40 PM.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread but it seemd the best place to ask, i have 2set and 522 Talisman (which is suprisingly good, not sure if bugged), because of this would it be best to go with the Crit>haste>mastery prio now? I assumed it would be but i'm not the best at theorycrafting
    Haste is better than Mastery for SV. I'm running 8.4k crit, 6.3k haste and 2.8k mastery, and I don't have any RPPM trinkets yet.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    It's really weird, sim shows 102k with talisman, and 103k with hc bottle. But on dummy i got 126k with talisman (tried 4x 5minutes - no double stampede etc) and 104k with bottle, so it's kinda confusing. It's either very underrated or it's a bug (most likely). 20k dps gain on HC bottle 2/2 upgraded for normal talisman seems too much
    I wouldn't trust sims with RPPM trinkets at the moment, but I do believe you just got lucky to do an extra 20k changing from hc bottle to talisman, in reality they are probably about the same.

  11. #111
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    It's really weird, sim shows 102k with talisman, and 103k with hc bottle. But on dummy i got 126k with talisman (tried 4x 5minutes - no double stampede etc) and 104k with bottle, so it's kinda confusing. It's either very underrated or it's a bug (most likely). 20k dps gain on HC bottle 2/2 upgraded for normal talisman seems too much
    20k seems EXTREME for a trinket =/

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I wouldn't trust sims with RPPM trinkets at the moment, but I do believe you just got lucky to do an extra 20k changing from hc bottle to talisman, in reality they are probably about the same.
    Like i said though, this was 4 x 5 minutes tests doing a standard rotation with BM, not using flask/pot/food and aiming to line up focus fire with frenzy. It never deviated more than 3k with Talisman but it was always 125k. That's what is confusing me atm

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 11:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    20k seems EXTREME for a trinket =/
    I completely agree, that's what led me here because it seems very weird, my stats aren't amazing but i obviously get more procs of the 2set with it, 20k is a lot though, but from testing that's what it is right now. I'll go spend another 45-60mins checking it

  13. #113
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    704
    Conjor, I would personally like to thank you for the amount of time and math you have put in (resto shaman here). You have made an average, as you claim, but average is still good, it is a certain threshold you can expect for the rppm system to be able to proc.

    Ofcourse, with the rppm system, which in my opinion is bleh, it is not guaranteed. But this will make it a whole lot easier to do some more theorycrafting without having to figure out the whole rppm system behind it.

    As a theorycrafter, you have my deepest gratitude. That you shared it requires more then my gratitude, but I don't have more to give. So, thank you.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    Like i said though, this was 4 x 5 minutes tests doing a standard rotation with BM, not using flask/pot/food and aiming to line up focus fire with frenzy. It never deviated more than 3k with Talisman but it was always 125k+. That's what is confusing me atm, when bottle was 105k

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 11:03 PM ----------



    I completely agree, that's what led me here because it seems very weird, my stats aren't amazing but i obviously get more procs of the 2set with it, 20k is a lot though, but from testing that's what it is right now. I'll go spend another 45-60mins checking it
    I can't get near that dps now, so maybe i had some weird buff/bug because i tested it 4 times in a row and you dont get amazing rng 4 times in a row so meh.

  15. #115
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,160
    Just to not make a new thread, I'd just ask it in here.

    Anyone know why my thunderhawk does such low dps for me here? It did 2768.4 dps(e) for me on our Jin'Rokh, anyone know why? Was it due to low amount of cobra shots or something?

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    Just to not make a new thread, I'd just ask it in here.

    Anyone know why my thunderhawk does such low dps for me here? It did 2768.4 dps(e) for me on our Jin'Rokh, anyone know why? Was it due to low amount of cobra shots or something?
    Sometimes it's that low and sometimes it's 6k. Real PPM is just finicky like that.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  17. #117
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Sometimes it's that low and sometimes it's 6k. Real PPM is just finicky like that.
    Ohh, that sucks =/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •