Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,027

    ToT Raid quest - Bugged item and fail Blizz support

    So basically after doing the ToT raid quest, I get a satchel containing a Leather Intel belt - I'm MS Guardian OS Feral. I'm thinking that this must be a mistake, seeing that after the implementation of items from satchel such as LFR, world bosses and coins are meant to be usable for the spec you're in, when you receive the satchel right.

    So I open a ticket, wait 3 days for a reply and all I get is "Submit a bug report". I'm like okay, and how is that going to help me in any way, but the GM who replied to my ticket was "Unavailable for chat", so I couldn't ask him. I'm then thinking, that he must have made a mistake, so I reopen the ticket, trying to be even more specific. Saying that I fail to understand, how opening a bug report can do anything but well - report an already known bug. Cause this is indeed a known bug, happened to guildies as well. People have been getting items not suited for their specs before and they've all opened tickets and NOT bug reports.

    So with some frustration I now replied to the second GM who yet again either failed to read/understand or failed at providing clear information. I also opened a bug report, knowing the response you get when doing that is "We're aware of the issue" shit.

    Anyways, after ranting away, I'm curious if others have had the same replies regarding wrong items or if I'm just being unlucky with shit GM's?

    Also, is it completely impossible to actually call Blizz anymore? I mean, did they disable that completely now?

    Inb4 you go "Who cares about a belt", it's really just getting to me now. Ofc I'll live without a Normal shit belt but I just want a decent reply and not this BS.

    Update: I just got a reply from a GM that wasn't completely retarded. Apparently the loot from the ToT raid quest in completely random and as such, getting an item not suited for you class/spec is to be expected. This just seems retarded, but at least I can DE the shit.
    Last edited by Danishpsycho; 2013-03-18 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Clarification

  2. #2
    Warchief Odina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,207
    Hi...

    I don't want to derail this thread at all but what quest are we talking about here that gives out random loot?

    I find it very crappy that its not class / spec specific .. It shoudl at least be bound to the specs that you have selected (IE if you have resto main boomkin off then only resto boomkin items would drop). Seems like a waste to have soulbound items you cant use form a quest in a new tier!

  3. #3
    We saw a cloth belt with expertise on it last week. Your heals will never get dodged again!

  4. #4
    expertise provides spell hit as well....

  5. #5
    You can still call. Customer service is decent, but like everywhere some people are more helpful than others. I actually find blizz cs far more responsive than most other companies, despite some shitty company guidelines. And if your attitude to them is anything like you've exhibited here, I doubt anybody would ever go the extra mile to try and help you.

  6. #6
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,279
    I find if you send in a ticket through the website regarding in-game issues you get a better response. It's hit or miss if you send a ticket in game and you always risk being in the middle of a tricky situation when a GM tries to contact you. Every time I've called Blizzard(twice regarding account issues) I was able to get good service, but both times waited roughly 20 minutes to talk to someone.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    So I open a ticket, wait 3 days for a reply and all I get is "Submit a bug report". I'm like okay, and how is that going to help me in any way, but the GM who replied to my ticket was "Unavailable for chat", so I couldn't ask him. I'm then thinking, that he must have made a mistake, so I reopen the ticket, trying to be even more specific. Saying that I fail to understand, how opening a bug report can do anything but well - report an already known bug. Cause this is indeed a known bug, happened to guildies as well. People have been getting items not suited for their specs before and they've all opened tickets and NOT bug reports.
    From what I've seen there is no guarantee you'll ever get an item and if you do it may/may not be loot specific. Now, even if that isn't the case with that aside. Yes, all the GM will do is tell you to submit a bug report with all the details. From there they can see what's going on and perhaps something got flagged with the wrong variable. They will not take your item and give you something else. This happened in 5.0 with priests and another class. This isn't anything new and in the past they've never done it either. All you can do is submit a bug report and hope it gets fixed or may be intended.

    So basically they aren't just going to remove item X and give you item Y.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    What ToT raid quest?
    I've not seen a quest for ToT.
    weekly quest you get just before iron qon matey

  10. #10
    There's more than one. First week for us was before animus, this week before qon.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    weekly quest you get just before iron qon matey
    Ahh righty, guilds only getting to primordius tonight and ive not seen a quest, will keep an eye out for it :P

  12. #12
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    I'm thinking that this must be a mistake, seeing that after the implementation of items from satchel such as LFR, world bosses and coins are meant to be usable for the spec you're in, when you receive the satchel right.
    I'm not 100% sure it is a mistake. Loot that you get from the boss kill or from a bonus roll (Elder Charm/Mogu Rune of Fate) are supposed to be useful for your current spec, but I believe loot that is contained in the satchels themselves are just suppossed to be equippable by your class, just a little extra bonus thing. Kinda like when they would drop flasks, they weren't necessarily flasks for your class. I mean you're more than welcome to disagree with it, but just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's a bug.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    I'm not 100% sure it is a mistake. Loot that you get from the boss kill or from a bonus roll (Elder Charm/Mogu Rune of Fate) are supposed to be useful for your current spec, but I believe loot that is contained in the satchels themselves are just suppossed to be equippable by your class, just a little extra bonus thing. Kinda like when they would drop flasks, they weren't necessarily flasks for your class. I mean you're more than welcome to disagree with it, but just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's a bug.
    You didn't see I edited my post did you?

    Cause I added that, after I talked to a GM who wasn't completely retarded. I assumed it worked like with satchels from world bosses and therefore opened a ticket. The issue however, was that I just couldn't get a clear reply until the third GM I spoke to finally bothered actually reading my ticket.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimitsu View Post
    We saw a cloth belt with expertise on it last week. Your heals will never get dodged again!
    Expertise is the same thing as +hit now for casters.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

  15. #15
    None of us have gotten anything from the bags first week. This week our ele sham got some bracers. Saw haste, mastery and was like "fuck yeah, up...oh...wtf? AGI?!"

    Random loot is random. Womp womp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  16. #16
    So you assumed it was supposed to give you something for your MS and when it didn't, it must've been a bug. So the first GM agreed and told you to submit a bug report. I guess the one and only way you wouldn't have seen him as retarded, as you put it, would be if he instantly sent you the epic belt that you wanted, as that is what you deemed the appropriate solution. Sounds like you're not very open to things not going as you expect/want them to.

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    So you assumed it was supposed to give you something for your MS and when it didn't, it must've been a bug. So the first GM agreed and told you to submit a bug report. I guess the one and only way you wouldn't have seen him as retarded, as you put it, would be if he instantly sent you the epic belt that you wanted, as that is what you deemed the appropriate solution. Sounds like you're not very open to things not going as you expect/want them to.
    And you should learn to read..... I went through 3 GM's, until I got clarification and that's what pissed me off. The third GM did what the first 2 should have done - he told me, it's not a bug. In stead they wanted me to petition a bug report, which wasn't needed.

    But I guess reading skills are hard to come by.....

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl
    And you should learn to read..... I went through 3 GM's, until I got clarification and that's what pissed me off. The third GM did what the first 2 should have done - he told me, it's not a bug. In stead they wanted me to petition a bug report, which wasn't needed.
    To be fair, GMs aren't developers. I won't doubt that many of them have no idea if an issue is a bug or not. The content of your ticket probably implied that it is bugged / not intended, so he took your words for it and told you to submit a bug report, as he can't do much about it.

  19. #19
    Funny GM-Story from this id. Council dropped only the nonset-item and no token. Our Raidleader wrote a ticket, got contacted by a gm the next night who rolled the loot again (wtf?) and said he rolled a warrior/hunter/shaman/monk-token. After a short discussion we decided to give it to one of our warrior tanks. Next morning the tank opens the letter and guess what: gets the deathknight/rogue/druid/mage token. We get pretty pissed and write another ticket and were waiting for another two days now.

    Fuck those mindless Maggots that call themselve Game"master".

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    And you should learn to read..... I went through 3 GM's, until I got clarification and that's what pissed me off. The third GM did what the first 2 should have done - he told me, it's not a bug. In stead they wanted me to petition a bug report, which wasn't needed.

    But I guess reading skills are hard to come by.....
    Your problem is you believed the GM should've told you this.

    1) GM's don't have access to know whether something is intended or not. They can only submit bug tickets (just like you can) and see where it goes
    2) The one that told you it wasn't a bug was just using information that was either A) Found out after multiple bug reports B) using wowhead or other sources C) Going by personal experience.

    The point still stands that you didn't like the answer of being told to submit a bug report so you kept wasting GM's time on the matter till one just told you something (whether it was right or wrong). Ultimately you were hoping you would get a GM that would swap the belt out.

    Our reading skills aren't bad, you are just trying to twist the situation into making it look like the GM's weren't doing their jobs when in fact they were. They were just not giving you the answer you seek. They told you it might be a bug and to report it and that's all they can do. You can keep petitioning, but after awhile you'll just get a GM who will give you an answer whether it's right or wrong just to stop you from spamming them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •