Smile [Ret PVP] Seal of Justice, your evaluation ?

Hi,

My " dummy " tests showed a DPS increase with Seal of Justice, but more total damage with Seal of Truth. I've tried it in random BGs, and it seems ok.

From an RBG point of view (or bgs), as I'm not the only one who focuses a target, I think the immediate damage is more important than the dot, we are many who focus on one designed target, so more direct damage from CS & TV is better I think.

From an arena point of view, I don't know, I guess both are viable depending on the situations/teams ? But I guess the dot with the longer fights might be a better choice.

These are just my feelings and impressions, but I'd like to have yours.

What're your results & impressions, dear colleagues (and please, if you could make the distinction between arenas & bgs if you find a distinction between both of these is useful) ?

Deleted
    Initially, Seal of Justice deals more damage, but Censure is applied sooo fast these days, that Seal of Truth takes over in damage after only a few seconds. You'll stay on the target long enough for Truth to stack Censure up to 5 easily, making it superior to Justice in pretty much every situation (except maybe when you don't want to have a DoT on your opponent, in case you play with a class that has Incapacitate CC).

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really PvP much, but I will say that when running a daily heroic or something, I am using SoJ on trash, since it dies so damn fast that the dot doesn't really have a chance to build up, then swap to SoT for bosses (or maybe the random trash with a crap of health that lives longer than a few globals )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    Initially, Seal of Justice deals more damage, but Censure is applied sooo fast these days, that Seal of Truth takes over in damage after only a few seconds. You'll stay on the target long enough for Truth to stack Censure up to 5 easily, making it superior to Justice in pretty much every situation (except maybe when you don't want to have a DoT on your opponent, in case you play with a class that has Incapacitate CC).
    Obviously truth does more damage -.- but you're giving up a snare for it. And without a snare you'll have less uptime.

I think SoJ is better now but it depends on the situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Obviously truth does more damage -.- but you're giving up a snare for it. And without a snare you'll have less uptime.

I think SoJ is better now but it depends on the situation.
    Which is why I take Burden of Guilt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    Which is why I take Burden of Guilt.
    Thats a viable option. But most people in arena take foj over bog.

It all comes down to choice. Do you want better stun or better snare?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Thats a viable option. But most people in arena take foj over bog.

It all comes down to choice. Do you want better stun or better snare?
    For BGs, I prefer the better snare. In arena, I take FoJ and rely on my teammate(s) to do the snaring. :> Either way, I take the seal which deals the most damage.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Use it in Strand of the Ancients and anywhere else slowing a vehicle is a game-winner.

Otherwise, Truth

It'd be useful against Feral Druids if they couldn't so easily peel an attacker off themselves with cyclone.

Made some new tests today on a longer period, there Seal of Truth makes a really clear difference.