Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

A thought: Anduin & Wrathion

Anduin: Rumored to be the grand leader of the Army of Light in Velen's visions. Priest. Prince of house Wrynn. The Prince of Light.
    Wrathion: Last in-lore remaining Black Dragon on Azeroth. Red glowy eyes but seemingly a pretty cool dude. The Black Prince.

Both are on Pandaria.
    Both (say they) wish the war to end.

Monk/Pandaren theme: Balancing Light and Shadow to achieve inner peace. (See early Monk resource design)

Am I on to something here, or just grasping at straws? Will we see these two join forces?

Edit: Lets not forget a recurring theme in Warcraft's story, either;
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-07-09 at 02:49 PM.

Deleted
    Good point, looks interesting enough to look further into.

That... Hm. Definitely worth keeping an eye on them both, at the very least.

Nice catch, haha.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well they are both gonna be key characters throghout the story, cant wait to see how it plays out

I can see a bromance in the budding incoming.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgive me if I'm dense, but what recurring theme are you talking about (that has to do with Anduin and Wrathion joining forces) appears in the picture of the chest event?

I'm sure I'm oveooking something simple.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Forgive me if I'm dense, but what recurring theme are you talking about (that has to do with Anduin and Wrathion joining forces) appears in the picture of the chest event?

Light and Dark theme. Ying Yang etc
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

you sure are hey toaking about ying and yang 2 compleate oppisites joining forces for 1 comon goal (think light and dark)

---------- Post added 2012-07-09 at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcharm View Post
    Light and Dark theme. Ying Yang etc
    dam got beat to it

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea but other than the tile color (which is typical of a chess board) I think the main point of the chess game was to illustrate how in the war, orcs and humans were merely tools of a higher power.

I think the tile color --> ying yang is a bit of a stretch there, but I agree with the rest of the post.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Yea but other than the tile color (which is typical of a chess board) I think the main point of the chess game was to illustrate how in the war, orcs and humans were merely tools of a higher power.

I think the tile color --> ying yang is a bit of a stretch there, but I agree with the rest of the post.

well ying and yang is the comon dinominator (spelling?) with a chineese theamed xpac like pandaria so i dont think its a strech tbh

but the rest of it you have correct
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-07-09 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I'm saying that usin the color of tiles on the Chess board and applying it to ying and yang is a stretch, not that the idea of ying and yang will be used in Mop

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting... I'll read a bit more and input here later.

Good idea, I hope something actually comes of it.

(Also ... just for the record, it's yin [not ying] and yang)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Well they're both camp as kittens at Christmas... They should make them the new Tholo and Anren.

I like the idea but I'm expecting Wrathion to do the black dragon thing, and infiltrate both Alliance and horde as his parents/siblings did and act as a peace broker (be it by tricking both into something or as a genuine helper)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see more out of Anduin. Metzen could be trying to set him up for something great, maybe him and Wrathion being neutral ambassadors of some peace-loving faction in Pandaria that knows something nobody else knows.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they make something awesome out of this, but I doubt they will. its just too awesome. we always overthink lore. one more thing, Anduin is called the White Pawn, so what if Wrathion ever gets called the Black Pawn? then we'll know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt that Wrathion wants the war to end. Quite the contrary. He says that to the player, but at the same time says that he fully supports Alliance/Horde, depending on the player's faction. It looks like he's trying to escalate the conflict by helping both sides getting better at killing each other.

Besides, the balance searched for in the yin and yang concept is not a balance between good and evil (such a balance is impossible). It's a balance between activity and passivity, male and feminine, life and death, fire and water, air and earth, seen and unseen, high and low, hot and cold, etc., each influencing the other and necessary to the other.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It makes a bit of sense. Blizz said they wanted to keep Wrathion more of the lawless hero (aka batman, chaotic good) character. It'd be neat to watch their seperate ways of solving the way as the expansion progresses.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

for everybody that spoke about the "ying"...

i can't hold back my obsessive compulsive disorder.

it's supposed to be "yin"

and on the topic, i do think that they will make anduin and wrathion work together, and it's actually one of the lore bits that i'm overly curious about.