Thread: Servers Down?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    monks doing insane amounts of dmg. like 10-12 million ticks per second on spinning crane. basically 2-3 monks could 1 shot tot bosses in less than 1 min.
    shit loads of guilds did it. i expect remove of kills and gear
    Thats BS though.. they didnt exploit since it was normal fighting techniques that caused this to happen.

Punish and set people back is a bit harsh
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recon its something to do with hotfixing that bug they discovered with monks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    monks doing insane amounts of dmg. like 10-12 million ticks per second on spinning crane. basically 2-3 monks could 1 shot tot bosses in less than 1 min.
    shit loads of guilds did it. i expect remove of kills and gear
    Why do I always seem to miss all the fun:/.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Thats BS though.. they didnt exploit since it was normal fighting techniques that caused this to happen.

No, It's not.

People are EXPLOITING a BUG to do far more dps than they should. That's reason enough for a BAN

i could list some guilds when they figured the bug that logged their monk alts and killed bosses. at least on my server. oh and monk doing 177 million dmg on the first 15 secs ( boss 1 shotted him ofc cause of aggro ) is working as intented

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    No, It's not.

People are EXPLOITING a BUG to do far more dps than they should. That's reason enough for a BAN
    Using spinning crane kick is exploiting? lolok.

There is a difference between going out of your way to exploit, and doing normal DPS rotations, sorry u cant see the difference. I guarantee nobody gets punished, at the MOST they'll get loot/raid rolled back due to the unfair advantage they had.

10+ Year Old Account

well actuallly, the same thing happened in wrath involving saronite bombs and a rogue, they found a bug, he used it, they banned the guy and removed the achievement for all guild members. Was a big debate about it, but fact of the matter is a bug that allows you to do massive amounts of damage beyond the average range of your classes capacity to do so isn't something the devs can tolerate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing a rollback of about three hours.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    well actuallly, the same thing happened in wrath involving saronite bombs and a rogue, they found a bug, he used it, they banned the guy and removed the achievement for all guild members. Was a big debate about it, but fact of the matter is a bug that allows you to do massive amounts of damage beyond the average range of your classes capacity to do so isn't something the devs can tolerate.
    Thats true, but that was also a very isolated incident. Probably didnt even require an immediate reboot. This one has been swarming the forums for hours, and im betting a ton of guilds went to raid with it.

Deleted
    how is it harsh to be rolled back and boss resetted after u knew damn well your dmg was 100000000000times more that it should be,, they will totally destroy this tier if they dont roll back boss kills

There is a difference between going out of your way to exploit, and doing normal DPS rotations, sorry u cant see the difference. I guarantee nobody gets punished, at the MOST they'll get loot/raid rolled back due to the unfair advantage they had.
    Rushing Jade Wind + Spinning Crane Kick resulted in monks doing Millions in terms of DPS and damage. Almost effectively one shotting bosses. Yeah, That's a normal DPS rotation for sure.

And totally not an exploit or anything.

No, using spinning crane kick is not exploiting. Seeing Spinning Crane kick is doing absurd damage and then bringing in every alt monk possible and spinning crane kicking to victory IS exploiting.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    Rushing Jade Wind + Spinning Crane Kick resulted in monks doing Millions in terms of DPS and damage. Almost effectively one shotting bosses. Yeah, That's a normal DPS rotation for sure.

And totally not an exploit or anything.
    are you being sarcastic? those 2 abilities are used all the time. I found this bug BY MYSELF.. Guess i just suck right? My point is normal play-style can activate this unintended bug. An exploit in my opinion involves a bit more creativity.

Deleted
    it might not be an exploit but everyone using a monk to kill a boss knew they were breaking the mechanics of that boss and thus therefore breaking the rules...
    LK and bombs any1?

Then why a tank warrior 515 ilvl (random example) main raider logs off his main and logs in a monk barely half epic half blue gear on a demanding boss like lets say ninth boss and up?