Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Komamuris View Post
    You are a DK and you claim to be 2100 exp and don't know that you are from the very few, if not the only one class in the game, that can remove 1st big stun with IBF (and become immune for a good amount of time) and 2nd stun with a trinket?

    And you ASK FOR ADVICE?!?!?

    Please stop lying :/
    lol retard ibf cost RP and you dont generate RP unless you can attack you defensive rogue trash

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Your worst enemy will be an assasination subterfuge rogue who'll open with garrote followed by cheap shot. You can't cast Desecrated ground for 4.5 sec because of the silence, and he won't come out of stealth for 3 sec so you can't really pet stun him. But you must stun him immediately after he's up. If for some reason you don't, you must absolutely plague strike him during cloak of shadows. Plague strike and serpent sting are the 2 abilities in this game that can apply a magic dot during cloak. After the first 4.5 sec, he can try to vanish and reapply silence for another 2.25 sec. I would normally trinket the opener if it's garrote+cheap shot, use IBF for kidney and save DG for the next cheap shot or blind. Send the pet after him during blind so you don't really need the trinket or DG here. Kiting wouldn't help much due to shuriken toss. Better to chain-root him and go on him.
    wait, seriously? Uhhh.....hm. why? lol

  3. #23
    Banned Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,635
    Strange. I thought Unholy completely countered Rogues. It was Frost that always sucked against Rogues and that fight is probably more one sided than Warrior vs Blood.

    If you're specced into Conversion, Deaths Advance, Lichborne and Desecrated Ground while being fully gemmed into resilience, there should be no reason to lose to any Rogue. The only Rogues that could possibly beat you or give you a hard time are those few top tier ones who just have complete mastery of the class. Fortunately, most Rogues are either bad or just above average.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Strange. I thought Unholy completely countered Rogues. It was Frost that always sucked against Rogues and that fight is probably more one sided than Warrior vs Blood.

    If you're specced into Conversion, Deaths Advance, Lichborne and Desecrated Ground while being fully gemmed into resilience, there should be no reason to lose to any Rogue. The only Rogues that could possibly beat you or give you a hard time are those few top tier ones who just have complete mastery of the class. Fortunately, most Rogues are either bad or just above average.
    The problem with conversion and lichborne are they require runic power, which you wont have between being opened on, reopened on, and reopened on again. With the damage they are bringing unless your in blood presence before they open you will most likely drop in 7-8 seconds. Its just the fact that a good rogue will not allow you to move or use any of your tools, they just have too much lockdown, and now they have the damage to nuke you too.

  5. #25
    Thanks for the input guys ... and thanks for pointing out the idiot about IBF costing runic power... anyway had some more duels since posting its gone a little better with pet stun im playin only 2200+ rogues and losing to em all... rogue COUNTERs unholy unless the rogue makes a huge mistake. I really don't see a problem with them in arenas so I'm really lookin forward for tomorrow

  6. #26
    With the blind thing and unholy frenzy, I've heard multiple classes saying blind isn't breaking on various abilities. It sounds like blind is bugged rather than unholy frenzy, that's just what I've gathered though.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    equally skilled, a DK should never ever beat a rogue.

    with desecrated ground + DA kiting you might beat a bad one.
    Well tbh I have never had that much of an issue with them as UH. I find a Good timing of gnaw and chains root helps to beat them.

  8. #28
    bro( OP ) rogues are doing that to everyone atm so dont feel so bad. were all in the same boat

  9. #29
    Good rogue will tear dk apart, granted both have all cds up. Rogues are traditionally great 1v1 class and with the patch they're once again bane to solo against. But i dunno what's the point of this wholle bitching about rogues, when unholy has its own niche with insane preassure and ability to force healer out of cds in mere seconds. Can't have it all bros...

  10. #30
    Blind is having issues. At least one got hotfixed today (frost bomb dmg not breaking it). Also, one of the devs addressed the Unholy Frenzy as a CC-ignore-er ability:

    https://twitter.com/holinka/status/311214217669771265
    "It was not intended for Unholy Frenzy to be a 30 second immunity to break-on-damage CC. Expect it to be fixed."

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Strange. I thought Unholy completely countered Rogues. It was Frost that always sucked against Rogues and that fight is probably more one sided than Warrior vs Blood.

    If you're specced into Conversion, Deaths Advance, Lichborne and Desecrated Ground while being fully gemmed into resilience, there should be no reason to lose to any Rogue. The only Rogues that could possibly beat you or give you a hard time are those few top tier ones who just have complete mastery of the class. Fortunately, most Rogues are either bad or just above average.
    all those things require runic power, which you won't have if you are being opened on. and see my earlier comment about dks being garroted on the opener, preventing from using any of their defensive abilities.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostful View Post
    Thanks for the input guys ... and thanks for pointing out the idiot about IBF costing runic power... anyway had some more duels since posting its gone a little better with pet stun im playin only 2200+ rogues and losing to em all... rogue COUNTERs unholy unless the rogue makes a huge mistake. I really don't see a problem with them in arenas so I'm really lookin forward for tomorrow
    5.2 rogue beats almost everything in a duel, don't feel bad.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantricular View Post
    good rogue > good dk. everytime. too early in 5.2 to say how the HELL a UH can beat a Rogue because of the changes to both classes but uh.... ya just cross your fingers and toes or something. and move all breakable objects away from your computer desk to another room imo

    Lol! 10char

  14. #34
    Field Marshal Voltneu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    70
    1. Disconect
    2. Create a feral or a hunter and lvl/gear him up with great rapidity.
    3. Track the rogue down, kill him and /dance on his corpse.

  15. #35
    100% counter vs any Full S12 2/2 T2 Weapon Rogue as DK (frost/unholy)

    Start allways with Blood Presence and stay in blood presence!

    OPENER: SAP->SAP->Gar/CS
    => immidiate Desecrated Grounds
    => Death Strike (while silenced)
    => Asphyxiate (if specced)
    => Outbreak
    => Conversion

    ROGUE RUNS AWAY: Kite->Smoke Bomb->Restealth or Cloak/Vanish
    => counter 2. opener with Trinket
    => same routine

    ROGUE POPS EVERYTHING AND DPS (stupid one):
    => IBF
    => Death Strike OR Oblit + DPS cooldowns Gargoyle/PoF (depends on spec)
    => keep conversion UP no mater what

    You will win each time, no way to counter the cheesiness from Death Strike / Conversion.
    If this won't work for you, you have either not enough resilience (320 gems every gem slot) or the gear from the rogue is much better than yours.
    Last edited by Ange; 2013-03-12 at 06:24 PM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    100% counter vs any Full S12 2/2 T2 Weapon Rogue as DK (frost/unholy)

    Start allways with Blood Presence and stay in blood presence!

    OPENER: SAP->SAP->Gar/CS
    => immidiate Desecrated Grounds
    => Death Strike (while silenced)
    => Asphyxiate (if specced)
    => Outbreak
    => Conversion

    ROGUE RUNS AWAY: Kite->Smoke Bomb->Restealth or Cloak/Vanish
    => counter 2. opener with Trinket
    => same routine
    Im confused on where you actually do damage to the rogue. And where does it mention the third open which you have no trinket or DG for? And Im assuming your trinketing a garrote in part 2 to eat a full kidney? And I guess we are also assuming evasion doesnt exist. Also confused where your getting the mountains of runic power to keep conversion up while being silenced/stunned repeatedly.

  17. #37
    @thisnamesucks

    Your questions are about common Death Knight class informations so I am not sure if this is your attempt to troll or you really don't know other class abilitys. I will be nice and just answer your questions.

    1. KS->insignia, but I really like to insignia -> Asphyxiate or just PetStun (unholy) and counter Blind with insignia.

    2. Stun?
    There is no way to be stunned repeatedly with 2 sets of stun immunity periods and insignia for a late KS

    3. Silence?
    Conversion works while silenced
    Strikes works while silenced
    PetStun works while silenced

    4. Evasion?
    DeathStrike Heal, HB, Death Coil, Asphyxiate, Soul Reaper...
    Evasion is only a good counter vs Necrotic Strike application and if you need to avoid necrotic strike, it just means you need your heal ticks because you are allready on the losing side in the fight.

    5. Runic Power?
    PvP Gloves and 2 Set bonus are not bad to keep conversion uptime very high. There is a reason why unholy is better with the conversion cheesiness, because as frost you have to skip most FrostStrikes while unholy still got sudden doom procs.

    I don't let rogues cloak of shadows -> sprint -> restealth I grip/plague strike them so I don't have to counter 3 opener in 1 fight.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Your questions are about common Death Knight class informations so I am not sure if this is your attempt to troll or you really don't know other class abilitys. I will be nice and just answer your questions.

    1. KS->insignia, but I really like to insignia -> Asphyxiate or just PetStun (unholy) and counter Blind with insignia.

    2. Stun?
    There is no way to be stunned repeatedly with 2 sets of stun immunity periods and insignia for a late KS

    3. Silence?
    Conversion works while silenced
    Strikes works while silenced
    PetStun works while silenced

    4. Evasion?
    DeathStrike Heal, HB, Death Coil, Asphyxiate, Soul Reaper...
    Evasion is only a good counter vs Necrotic Strike application and if you need to avoid necrotic strike, it just means you need your heal ticks because you are allready on the losing side in the fight.

    5. Runic Power?
    PvP Gloves and 2 Set bonus are not bad to keep conversion uptime very high. There is a reason why unholy is better with the conversion cheesiness, because as frost you have to skip most FrostStrikes while unholy still got sudden doom procs.

    I don't let rogues cloak of shadows -> sprint -> restealth I grip/plague strike them so I don't have to counter 3 opener in 1 fight.
    Whats insignia? And pretty much what I was getting at is while the dk is doing all this fancy stuff just to try and move the rogue is dropping 70k+ attacks WHILE all this cc is happening. So the lack of damage you are doing is going to catch up with you. And if you have used desecrated ground on the first open and trinket on the second, how is the rogue not blind -> restealthing for the third or just burning a second vanish to get another open? Still not seeing how your getting runic power while being locked down the entire time. I think we are seeing rogues differently. Rogues kill dks in under 10 seconds generally from what ive seen, like everything else. My dk isnt geared enough to make an attempt but I know quite a few dks and any good rogue is a loss no argument lol.

  19. #39

  20. #40
    Recent patchnotes state UF no longer breaks cc that breaks on damage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •