1. #1

    Question about durumu the forgotten 10M Normal

    So my guild has been progressing on Durumu and its given use the most trouble thus far. I read some where that if you have a Paladin specced into Clemency that it is possible to 1 tank the fight. Was curious to see if any one has attempted or killed the boss with this strategy, and if so would love some pointers on doing it.

  2. #2
    The Patient Kluddesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Duckburg, Sweden
    Posts
    202
    Not be a bitch, but could you write abit more detailed about what's stopping you? The information you provided currently forces me to guess what's giving you trouble.

    Have 2-3 people stand in each beam. What we do (and what works) Is we stack up every beam on the same spot (Yes, actually) Then check where the Yellow beam moves/check the red spots to know which side the red beam should go to, and just stand there with the blue beam. Then the maze occurs. We stack up infront of the boss (His Deadly C'thun beam does not deal damage before the maze is complete) So you can check on which side it wont be crap on the floor. Run there. Take a chillpill and advance slowly as the floor turns visible.

    After that. make sure to interuppt the lifedrain beam every now and then to prevent healing on the boss. Rinse, repeat, kill, loot.
    Loco Motives 16/16 Heroic T14
    Loco Motives 13/13 Heroic T15
    Retired Hunter

  3. #3
    All I was asking about was if 1 tanking the boss was a viable strat since I had read it in Icyveins.com that it was possible to do it with one tank if you had a paladin that was specced into Clemency. Not really needing to know anything else

  4. #4
    The Patient edlike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    260
    I think klud was more detailed because you're probably encountering issues with something if you feel like you need to 1 tank.

    If you're hitting enrage you probably just need to deal with the life drain beam better. We 2 tanked 3 healed and comfortably beat enrage on kill, but previously hit it with 20% up because of dealing poorly with life drain

  5. #5
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    116
    Anyone having no "Life steal rays" now after the patch??

    Forget my question, i got wrong info from my guildie
    Last edited by Kotmia; 2013-03-11 at 11:53 PM.

  6. #6
    The Patient edlike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyla View Post
    Anyone having no "Life steal rays" now after the patch??

    hm interesting, as of last night it was still in place when we got our kill (was one of the more challenging mechanics due to its subtlety)

    anyone else confirm
    Last edited by edlike; 2013-03-11 at 11:30 PM.

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire Riemu2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    EU, Germany
    Posts
    356
    I have a question about Durumu. According to Icy Veins, he has 260m base HP.

    Is there some other weird self-healing mechanic I didn't notice or does the lifedrain really do that much healing?
    According to the Tooltip, the lifedrain is supposed to heal the damage he deals. I don't see any multipicator.

    For some reason, I can't have World of Logs show me the healing of lifedrain, only the damage. Dunno if I'm just blind or if it doesn't work.

    On our Firstkill last night, I thought we played it the way it's supposed to be.
    We had the lifedrain intercepted by 2 players (+ the initial target) each cycle with damage reduce cooldowns, every player taking about 4-5 stacks.

    So, according to those numbers, Lifedrain would heal about 16-17 Mio HP for each 1 Mio Damage dealt.

    Other 10man - Times 6:00-6:30
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...=12269&e=12661 // 299m HP, 2.3m lifedrain
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...t/?s=171&e=537 // 300m HP, 2.4m lifedrain

    Our Kill - Time 9:00:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...?s=6989&e=7535 // 341m HP, 4,9m lifedrain


    Is there something we did wrong!?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hæmon View Post
    So my guild has been progressing on Durumu and its given use the most trouble thus far. I read some where that if you have a Paladin specced into Clemency that it is possible to 1 tank the fight. Was curious to see if any one has attempted or killed the boss with this strategy, and if so would love some pointers on doing it.
    Answering the OP's quesiton, Yes, it's possible, you have a paladin BoP the tank at various points in the fight to clear the healing reduction debuff on the tank, the tank also needs a cancelaura macro to clear bop straight away.

    Secondly, for others in the thread having issues with life drain, you're letting the soakers get too many stacks, we try to aim for 2 stacks per soaker on normal, not sure how it's going to work in heroic though.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Is there some other weird self-healing mechanic I didn't notice or does the lifedrain really do that much healing?
    According to the Tooltip, the lifedrain is supposed to heal the damage he deals. I don't see any multipicator.

    Is there something we did wrong!?
    Yes, life drain heals for a lot after the 2nd/3rd stack and will set your group back noticeably if you have anybody getting more than that.

  10. #10
    @OP. Solotanking it is very viable, but assuming that your tanks have somewhat equal gear/skill you won't gain anything from doing it, having two tanks will result in less uptime without cds, slightly lower stacks and hence an easier time for your healers. Even 2 tanking you can use hands of protection to swap a bit earlier though (3/4 instead of 4/5).

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    I have a question about Durumu. According to Icy Veins, he has 260m base HP.

    Is there some other weird self-healing mechanic I didn't notice or does the lifedrain really do that much healing?
    According to the Tooltip, the lifedrain is supposed to heal the damage he deals. I don't see any multipicator.

    For some reason, I can't have World of Logs show me the healing of lifedrain, only the damage. Dunno if I'm just blind or if it doesn't work.

    On our Firstkill last night, I thought we played it the way it's supposed to be.
    We had the lifedrain intercepted by 2 players (+ the initial target) each cycle with damage reduce cooldowns, every player taking about 4-5 stacks.

    So, according to those numbers, Lifedrain would heal about 16-17 Mio HP for each 1 Mio Damage dealt.

    Other 10man - Times 6:00-6:30
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...=12269&e=12661 // 299m HP, 2.3m lifedrain
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...t/?s=171&e=537 // 300m HP, 2.4m lifedrain

    Our Kill - Time 9:00:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...?s=6989&e=7535 // 341m HP, 4,9m lifedrain


    Is there something we did wrong!?
    He heals/damage more the longer you stay in the beam(the more stacks you have). Your lock took 7 stacks, mage 5 and druid 5 on almost every life drain. It shouldnt go higher then 2-3 to keep the healing low.

    Type:
    Spell="Life Drain"
    In the expression editor to see the stacks...
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 14/14 heroic recruting for WoD and Mystic
    www.avalerion.eu

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •