Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    My bro would do this crap to me too. But I was going to work instead of school. I'd tell him to turn it down and guess what brilliant thing he said. "Go to sleep." And I'd tell him "HOW CAN I GO TO SLEEP WHEN YOU HAVE TO SOUND TURNED UP SO HIGH YOU CAN HEAR THEIR FOOTSTEPS!?!?!" He played CoD till 3 in the morning on weekdays. :/

The only way to settle this is to kick his butt out if you can. That was the only way I could fix my problem. I didn't get a good nights sleep untill he moved out. We tried head sets that allowed him to hear the Xbox through them and he would still yell at people and complain about kill steals. X(.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 10:11am right now and I got 40 mins till my next class and I'm still tired as hell

If he makes noise at night, you make noise in the morning while he is sleeping. Tell him its not that loud and see if he finally gets it

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Firstly, your flatmate is a dick. There's no arguing there. However, if you are just having a cup of coffee in the morning, that won't cut it. Have some breakfast. Be it cereal or a full on breakfast spread. Put something in your system, that'll help wake you up.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

I don't know how it is where you live, but when I lived in a thin-walled apartment with roommates, you had to be quiet after 11. Nobody actually cared most of the time, but if it was causing problems people could be kicked out
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Talk with him for sure. If he doesn't want to respect yourself and others then start playing loud music as soon as you get up. This may solve the situation or make things worse.

Also on the note of being tired, college and the amount of learning you do canmake your brain work hard. Just like physical work outs, you want a rest. Your brain is the same. Try having a 20 minute nap. No more or less. Set an alarm and shut your eyes. It doesn't matter if you do actually fall ti sleep as toys brain still tests during that time. Once you get used to it, you will be amazed at how well you feel. Doing this will also help you get to sleep straight away at night.
    I myself get only around 6 hours of sleep.

Report back with any findings

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barter94 View Post
    REM sleep, is Rapit Eye Movement Sleep. This is takes place in the middle of your sleep ciclus, this is where the brain gets it's true rest, it sorts things and gets clear. In this state there is also no dreaming, this al takes place right before you wake up. A healhy REM time is around 4/5 hour if im correct (im not totally sure)
    You couldn't be more wrong. REM happens in multiple cycles and can last as short as 30 min. It happens when you are dreaming and more towards the beginning and end of your sleep thus when you wake up from REM sleep you can remember dreams more clearly and you don't feel as groggy as you would if someone woke you up mid deep sleep

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MickoLis View Post
    Talk with him for sure. If he doesn't want to respect yourself and others then start playing loud music as soon as you get up. This may solve the situation or make things worse.

Also on the note of being tired, college and the amount of learning you do canmake your brain work hard. Just like physical work outs, you want a rest. Your brain is the same. Try having a 20 minute nap. No more or less. Set an alarm and shut your eyes. It doesn't matter if you do actually fall ti sleep as toys brain still tests during that time. Once you get used to it, you will be amazed at how well you feel. Doing this will also help you get to sleep straight away at night.
    I myself get only around 6 hours of sleep.

Report back with any findings
    I'm going to try and nap today but I've got a lot of stuff to do so I can't promise anything.