Thread: Don't Starve

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Don't Starve

Just picked this up the other day and was wondering if any of you guys play. I figured it would keep me occupied a few hours but it's been 2 days of surviving non stop. Also I love the art work and graphics.

What are your thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing game, lots of fun.
    I love learning new things, like how to kite the spiders/bees, or trying something stupid like attacking Beefalos.
    Spent about 10 hours on it since I bought it when it first came out.
    Funfunfun
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really like it! My plate is so full with games right now though so I haven't really stuck on one thing instead I've been picking at them all, but yes very fun game.

Tree I was in the same spot. Between the latest Humble Bundle and the Steam sale I have 40+ new games to play. Figured I would try not starving for a bit before I fired up Dishonored. It's amazing how fun such a simple game can be.

How long was yalls longest life?

Deleted
    The Beefalo *shudders* the vicious vicious Beefalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeros View Post
    The Beefalo *shudders* the vicious vicious Beefalo.
    But they are so docile and useful. I have an issue with spiders. I HAVE to kill them all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithbreaker View Post
    But they are so docile and useful. I have an issue with spiders. I HAVE to kill them all.
    I click a lot...and i have my spear ready at all times in case of an unexpected attack, suffice to say I have been swarmed by the beefalo many times...in fact it's the only thing that i die from. Oh, I see you have lived for 30 days and have lots of food and resources, allow me to get in the way of that item you want to pick up.

I tend to die from Optimus Pine when I go on logging runs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithbreaker View Post
    I tend to die from Optimus Pine when I go on logging runs.
    Oh, so that's what that thing was, I had 8 pigmen with me when I was on a logging run so they handled it for me.

haven't heard of the game >.< anyone has a link to the site? If you say it is good, then i guess it's worth a try

I'm pretty much set on my current playthrough. Everything researched, crop specific seeds, 3 meat effigies, tons of food stored...not much of a reason to play it until they update it some more. Fun game, though.

If you play it enough you figure out how to set up a camp and survive with no problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like an indie, rogue-like game that is fun for about 3 hours... granted I don't know anything about it except what I've read in this thread! :P

Ya once you are set up it is kind of tough to die. I like to go on adventures. See how many spiders I can kill, how big a fire I can start and just put myself in horrible situations for the fun of it.

On their forums they have an interesting post about their ideas for "end game". Some neat ideas.

Also for anyone not familiar with it.

http://www.dontstarvegame.com/blog/

http://youtu.be/ngqnayEy_7Y

saw it on sale, i might have to bite

Quote Originally Posted by BLVCK View Post
    saw it on sale, i might have to bite
    It's still in beta but you get instant access by pre-purchasing. Look's interesting but FTL now runs my casual indie gaming for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can also try it for free if you have Chrome. The app is in the Chrome store or whatever its called.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was under the impression it's still a beta. At any rate, I doubt I'll pick it up. There are Minecraft mods that accomplish basically the same thing, with the perk of being Minecraft so I can occasionally go full autistic and lose an afternoon (or weekend) placing a skillion blocks just so to create some weird thing that popped into my head.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Was under the impression it's still a beta. At any rate, I doubt I'll pick it up. There are Minecraft mods that accomplish basically the same thing, with the perk of being Minecraft so I can occasionally go full autistic and lose an afternoon (or weekend) placing a skillion blocks just so to create some weird thing that popped into my head.
    It's in beta in the same way that Minecraft was; you get it cheaper if you purchase the beta, and they keep updating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    It's in beta in the same way that Minecraft was; you get it cheaper if you purchase the beta, and they keep updating it.
    Cool. Any word on modding support?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Cool. Any word on modding support?
    Hmmm.. Not that I know of. Granted, I did only play it for a couple of hours and didn't visit the forums. You can check it out, though. It's linked further up on this page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.