Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tortos impressions?

Seems like an easy fight , way too easy for 4th boss. The idea is good, but it turns into a mindless aoe fest pretty quickly as there is no point even in single targeting once turtles are dead. also the boss doesnt seem to do much to try to wipe the raid, only bite the tank and thats it. i think they should of have added a soft enrage mechanic to him to increase damage delt by 10% every now and so so the raid has to focus on him aswell and not just aoe like fools. ALso turtles need to be more deadly as their knockback barely hurts, unless they knock you back into crystals falling from the sky. Also the fight seems rather tedious, repeating the same thing for 10 mins straight, would be cooler if at 50% or so Tortos's shell cracked and he began fighting the raid himself and not using waves of lackeys to do his bidding.

here is ss if you dont believe me and yes i said boss is too easy

4th boss on normal, he's just fine imo

It's just abit of stay out of shit boss, kill turtles quick enough and dont let add tank drop too low. Probably not gonna cause too many wipes on heroic, but will probably have to tell ranged to step their friggin' game up killing turtles quick enough.
    Last edited by Swaggah; 2013-03-11 at 10:07 PM.

Deleted
    tortos is easy enough, the 5th boss is were a lot more trouble comes from.
    you gonna hate those heads in the end.

Deleted
    way to easy for a 4th boss? why is there skeletons all over it?

It's the fourth boss in normal mode. Yeah, I don't think it's intended to be hard, and though there are adds, his HP and fight length also seems really low compared to the previous 2 bosses. I think the fifth boss is where Blizzard actually intended the instance to get hard for average progression guilds, as tuning on the second and third bosses seems a bit out of place for how early they appear in the instance and I'm pretty sure was not intended but was Blizzard just rushing the raid out perhaps a bit too quickly. Case in point, if you could kill council, yes, this should be easy. I frankly rather enjoy the fight, it's a rather high adrenaline encounter because there is always lots of shit going on but it's fairly fun and manageable.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-03-13 at 06:28 AM.

Deleted
    The easiest normal bosses are usually the hardest heroic bosses, watch this space...

Thought it was relatively easy as well. Took a few short attempts and then we breezed through it with no difficulty. Normal mode however

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    way to easy for a 4th boss? why is there skeletons all over it?
    ^

well said lol

Deleted
    Have you guys done this on 25 men? I really need some tips in getting through this ( 38 wipes, casual guild, 498 average ilvl )
    What we do now:
    --> Have our groups spread somewhat in the middle
    ---> all ranged on turtles ALL THE TIME
    --> All melee on tortos. Full focus when bats come/cleave
    ---> rinse and repeat

This doesn't seem to work very well, though. We had around 10 wipes at the first stone breath due to untimely shell kick. Then we had another bunch of wipes due to tank getting ravaged by bats right after the quake. We use cooldowns and raid cooldowns as assigned by the master healer, but they can only get us so far....

Best try was at around 40% before the tanks again got two shotted.

Can you guys offer me a better insight into this fight? Is there something we're doing wrong? Should we try another approach? Please help a fellow raider out.

Deleted
    We wiped more on tortos then we did on the other 5 first bosses, was a decent fight, i agree it's pretty boring though.
    Lots of the fights are really awesome however, specially lei shen!

Quote Originally Posted by MurdiStorm View Post
    Have you guys done this on 25 men? I really need some tips in getting through this ( 38 wipes, casual guild, 498 average ilvl )
    Make sure people pop defensives on quakes to minimize damage, make sure you have healers assign to only heal the tank when bats are out, never let him drop under 350k. Kick the turtle through the bats on to the boss so the bats also gets increased damage taken debuff.

Not much else really, you don't have to kill all the turtles aslong as you have one for each breath, if you have elemental shamans keep them on the bats fulltime, they will totally destroy the dps meters.
    Last edited by mmoca551fea510; 2013-03-12 at 12:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Normal modes don't matter.

I bet the fight will be tricky in heroic.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

What we do now:
    ---> rinse and repeat

This doesn't seem to work very well, though. We had around 10 wipes at the first stone breath due to untimely shell kick. Then we had another bunch of wipes due to tank getting ravaged by bats right after the quake. We use cooldowns and raid cooldowns as assigned by the master healer, but they can only get us so far....

Can you guys offer me a better insight into this fight? Is there something we're doing wrong? Should we try another approach? Please help a fellow raider out.
    Kick extra shells through the bats.

Deleted
    funny designt, need hard movement, but low dps, good 4th boss.

OP, what's up with all those bones? So easy a caveman could do it!

Deleted
    What we do now:
    ---> rinse and repeat

"Kick extra shells through the bats. ".. and simply chain cds on the bat tank until the bats are dead, was even possible in 10, should be a cakewalk on 25.

What we do now:
    ---> rinse and repeat

Like the others said, excess shells go on the bats.

Also, don't be too afraid of putting a pair of melees on turtles if they aren't dying fast enough, we used a couple of DKs on turtles full time and they rivaled most of the ranged on damage done to them, they have a fairly large hitbox and you can melee them without being close enough to get thrown in the air.
    The bats still died on time because of the shells we were getting on them.

After that it's just shouting at your raid to not stand in rockfall:P

We actually killed Tortos much quicker compared to Council of Elders. Think we got him down in less than 10 pulls. As soon as our ranged DPS figured out the timing of kicking the shells it became trivial. As far as Tank deaths to bats/quake, your bat Tank needs to be rolling a CD right before quake if there are bats up and on him. As a Blood DK I tanked the bats and popping a CD before each quake ensured I didn't get hammered when the quake happened. Only had to call for an external CD once.

We had a fair bit of trouble with Tortos on 25 (18 wipes), 3 shot Megaera and 6 shot Ji-Kun so I don't know.

Can't...tell...if OP...is trolling....

Nice,.....boss is hard but there are like 100 skeletons on the ground.