Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Yep the passive stats are way higher but I'm still not sold on the proc for multiple reasons :
    - you'll most likely be casting or on GCD lock when it procs which means that on average you'll lose the first second of the effect, while this is true for every haste trinket, here it's 1/10 although essence is 1/20
    - refreshing FS with the buff is pretty hard, you should be able to do so every 2 procs but that's not 100% sure
    - it's more likely to sync with EM which is just a waste

The pros as you mentioned are :
    - should sync with 3 min CDs
    - less likely to be wasted during BL or even the meta

Tough question, gotta sim it when I have the chance.
    Most people I know aren't using EM anyway. The wasted second is a concern, I suppose, but I think the passive stats would make up for that. The refreshing FlS is also a concern, I suppose, although I will admit that I rarely ever bothered with that anyway. (CONFESSIONS, LAWL.)

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Given that as a EB/Echo setup that haste is simming significantly higher for me than mastery at this time (iirc 2.08 vs 1.7, with crit at 1.58), it would be worth picking this up. Currently running Yu'lon and the Dominance trinket; would most likely swap the latter out for the SPA trinket, then pray to the RNG gods that I get Wushoolay's.

Deleted
    So what exactly is our Bis trinkets this tier? is it Wusholaays/Breath of hydra now?

Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    I will admit that I rarely ever bothered with that anyway. (CONFESSIONS, LAWL.)
    AWW BAD !!!1!

TBH I don't always do it too..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardea View Post
    So what exactly is our Bis trinkets this tier? is it Wusholaays/Breath of hydra now?
    With the hot fixes to the PPM system to add "cheating," I believe it will be Cha-Ye and Wushoolay's.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

So despite logic to the otherwise, I just simmed the trinket against 496 essence and it came out behind with echo / eb setup and marginally infront on EM / Prime elementalist... Anyone else see this ?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think that when most eles are getting their meta gem, they will be staying as far from large haste procs as possible

Quote Originally Posted by desert-wind View Post
    So despite logic to the otherwise, I just simmed the trinket against 496 essence and it came out behind with echo / eb setup and marginally infront on EM / Prime elementalist... Anyone else see this ?
    Can anyone give a response / insight into this ? Is it the sim not working, or is it just with my particular gear setup ? I'm @ 504 ilvl reforged haste > mastery > crit just for the moment.

Will run a bunch of sims when I have enough VP, so probably Wednesday !

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a 0/2 Relic of Yulon adn 0/2 Normal Essence. Just bought the Volatile trinket now and started to wonder if it was a good idea. I guess I should replace the Essence with it or the Relic?

I finally acquired the VP to buy and sim the trinket, here goes :

* Yu'lon + EoT NM - EtoE/EB : 125946 DPS
    * Yu'lon + EoT NM - EM/PE : 125022 DPS
    * Yu'lon + VTotSA - EotE/EB : 128124 DPS
    * Yu'lon + VTotSA - EM/PE : 126850 DPS

Overall, the Volatile Talisman is a ~2k increase over the Essence of Terror NM non upgraded and the most part comes from the +315 intellect which is worth 1600 DPS on its own, meaning the proc isn't really better than the proc from Essence.

How would you rate say
    Yu'lon & Cha Ye together vs say
    Cha Ye and VTotSA

Overall, the Volatile Talisman is a ~2k increase over the Essence of Terror NM non upgraded and the most part comes from the +315 intellect which is worth 1600 DPS on its own, meaning the proc isn't really better than the proc from Essence.
    Thanks for numbers; currently I'm tinkering with EoT + Talisman; don't see this combination panning out in the long run, though, due to the legendary meta. Also tinkering with Echo/PE as the talent setup. Need to run my own sims though if I can ever spare a few minutes. >_<

Thinking I might swap out EoT for my Relic and swap back to EB...having used EB for so long, it feels strange not having it.

Figured I'd ask this here because I'm also doing the dance of trinkets. Is there an easy or reasonable way when simming between two different gear sets to figure out what the proper reforges would be without actually equipping the stuff/reforging/importing?

I also did some sims yesterday as my three choices were Shadopan Trink, Heroic LotC 0/2 and Yulon 2/2.

Yulon 2/2 and Shadopan Trink were the best numbers with EotE/EB.

Deleted
    I want to ask, about 2 trinkets, wusoolay's Final choice and RElic of Yu'lon (nrml or 2/2), I had a disagreement with a friend, he claims that atm, yu'lon 2/2 seems to be better than WFC, doing the math wfc does give off a better intel boost/sec, but in the long term yu'lon is better cause it procs more often giving more intel throughout the fight. not sure if there is a problem with WfC proc percentage, cause thats where he says its flaw is.

I wanted to get another opinion about these two trinkets, i read somewhere that there might be a bugg with Wfc proc, wanted to know is this correct? At the momment i have in my possesion EoT NM, WFC NM, Yu'lon not upgraded, and VTofSA. Using atm WFC NM + VTofSA, which seemed to me the best choice.