Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Mechagnome Xzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brno, Czech republic
    Posts
    598
    Damn, if I wasn't the raidleader yesterday, I wouldn't get a spot.
    These buffs better come fast.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzan View Post
    Damn, if I wasn't the raidleader yesterday, I wouldn't get a spot.
    These buffs better come fast.
    They should be coming pretty soon according to what GC said.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    @AasiyahFirawn The intent is before the raid reset / heroics unlock.
    Source

  3. #43
    I think we will be back to using arcane which is bad after everyone taking crit gear towards fire spec all week. They wont want to mess to much with frost because of PvP and fire just scares them to death. For frost id make deep freeze do damage again which wouldnt affect PvP. Ive tried fire this week with 37%crit and it still sucks. The nerf to pyro makes it impossible to get a good combustion of because of low ignites. They need to give us the 10% nerf back and let us spread our bombs again. Arcane should just go back to the way it was but without scorch.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by jacce View Post
    They should be coming pretty soon according to what GC said.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    @AasiyahFirawn The intent is before the raid reset / heroics unlock.
    Source
    Isn't that today on US servers? Is the hotfix shipped in US but not in EU? If so, why is there no info about it? If not, has raids not reset in the US yet?
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Isn't that today on US servers? Is the hotfix shipped in US but not in EU? If so, why is there no info about it? If not, has raids not reset in the US yet?

    Would love to know this aswell. Can't wait to see the buffs =(

  6. #46
    Yes, in theory it should be today.

    There are a number of things they could do besides flat % modifiers to the primary nuke while still calling it a 'passive' increase, but I agree that is the more likely option. I'd like to see, for fire at least, a tweak to the numbers pyro outputs as that is where you feel it most strongly at the top end of the damage scale.

    Anyway, just going to add my own \o/ at the fact we'll be worth bringing again.

  7. #47
    I hope they wont buff mage's in pvp tough, they are in a very good spot now. Their burst is strong and frequent, buffing mage's damage would make it overpowered.

  8. #48
    Buff us like demo locks in pvp where we use every cd in the game and then afk

  9. #49
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Curze View Post
    Yes, in theory it should be today.

    There are a number of things they could do besides flat % modifiers to the primary nuke while still calling it a 'passive' increase, but I agree that is the more likely option. I'd like to see, for fire at least, a tweak to the numbers pyro outputs as that is where you feel it most strongly at the top end of the damage scale.

    Anyway, just going to add my own \o/ at the fact we'll be worth bringing again.
    What about increasing our L90 talents? I could see them doing a douchebag move like that >.>

    Also, we won't be 'worth bringing again' as long as neither of these two things doesn't happen:

    - We top meters
    - We bring some form of raid utility that isn't capped at "one per fight"

    Because we bring literally nothing but DPS (unless your raid actually has no BM Hunters nor Shamans, in which case, your comp is pretty bad), we'll always be sat unless a fight calls for stacking Mages (Low mobility, horrible target-switching... Why would any of these fights ask for that?) or we top meters.

    I'm not calling for a Hybrid tax, I'm calling to give us something to give to the raid. Making a Mana Well would be pretty cool that players could use to grab a Mana Gem, or replenish some mana or something. Or a raid cooldown like Hymn of Hope?
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-03-12 at 10:45 AM.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (I'll only accept with notice/name is recognizable)

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronux View Post
    I hope they wont buff mage's in pvp tough, they are in a very good spot now. Their burst is strong and frequent, buffing mage's damage would make it overpowered.
    If it wasn't for this, I'd say it'd be pretty obvious that the 90 talents would get buffed. However, because of PvP, I'm guessing Deep Freeze doing damage again, buff to Pyro, and maybe increased proc for AMissiles.

    Only the Pyro buff would be something I'd consider "passive" though.. Hm.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 11:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    What about increasing our L90 talents? I could see them doing a douchebag move like that >.>
    Why would it be a douchebag move? I can't see anything wrong with it except for the Frost PvP issues. If you don't use the 90 talents constantly you're pretty much doing it wrong in the first case.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  11. #51
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Why would it be a douchebag move? I can't see anything wrong with it except for the Frost PvP issues. If you don't use the 90 talents constantly you're pretty much doing it wrong in the first case.
    Because pushing the L90 talents even more in my face just pisses me off that much more.

    Though because IW is dispellable, it should just have a 50% active.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (I'll only accept with notice/name is recognizable)

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaesimvrotos View Post
    I'm glad that he realised it, and quite fast also... Buffs will be passive but anything is welcome...
    Links:
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...78474507714563


    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...82601568636928
    this just in...water is wet and fire is hot....honestly...wtf did they think was going to happen? its almost like every mage ever to play this game told them this was going to happen during the ptr and they were like "nah, s'all good, you are overreacting"...and then a week later its "yeah..we're a bunch of retards...heres a buff"...honestly, how do any of the class devs still have a job?

  13. #53
    Dreadlord Cycobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In a tree
    Posts
    929
    At a guess, would be along the lines of the following:

    Invoker's Energy now buffs all damage dealt by 20% (was 15%)
    Rune of Power now increases your mana regeneration by 100% (was 75%)

    OR

    Pyroblast damage increased by 5%
    Arcane Blast and Arcane Missiles damage increased by 5%
    Frostbolt damage increased by 5%

    I can't see anything "drastic" change, ie Deep Freeze doing damage again or things like that. Passive changes won't change playstyles will only affect numbers.

  14. #54
    Anything passive isn't going to impact on the overall utility we bring, so it's going to revert to 'bring the mage because they do top dps'. I'm not particularly against that, hell I like seeing my little blue line at the top of the meters, but it'd be nice to be useful outside of that for the next time something like this happens.

    As to buffing our lvl 90 talents, I'd rather they didn't, but it's possible

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Because pushing the L90 talents even more in my face just pisses me off that much more.
    How in the world does this pass for an explanation? Never ever can you get away with not using them right now (unless you use IW), meaning that a buff to them would be exactly what he said it would be: PASSIVE.

    A douchebag move would be to make portals/table require reagents/people to help you cast it. A buff to the +% damage of Invocation or Ring of Power would be a 100% passive change.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  16. #56
    I think the fix is quite obvious. Increase Invocation buff/Rune of Power buff until we're doing competitive DPS with the rest of the raid. It'll give us a straight buff without throwing a wrench in the way Blizzard wants us to play our Mages. The only problem I see is if Fire scales as well as people make it sound, then I can see Fire Mages being a tad bit OP with the extra SP buff towards the end of the tier.

    Also I don't see too many people going RoP or Invocation for PVP, so I'm guessing the increased SP Buff to those two talents won't change PVP balance too much. But then again, with it being possible to dispel Incanter's Ward now, maybe PVP Mages will go Invocation instead of Incanter's Ward.

    Blizzard has really been pushing for DPS parity between all 3 specs, and they technically got it. Buffing RoP/Invocation seems like the simplest way to equally buff all 3 specs.

  17. #57
    Don't you guys read the tweets before posting? I read some interesting things like Mana wells, 90 lvl talent buffs etc.
    Thread is not about what would be nice to buff. It is already stated that the buffs will be passive. No new spells, no mechanics changes.
    The only logical thing to do now so they don't need to nerf us again later on, would be a significant(like 20%) buff on our main nukes as I already posted. Fireball/Frostbolt/Arcane Blast.
    This change will not affect PVP as you need to cast a lot of these spells to make the difference something that is almost impossible in most PVP scenarios.
    Lets just don't start whining because we don't get buffed on what we would like to and just be happy they buff us whatever the buff will be.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Invoker's Energy now buffs all damage dealt by 20% (was 15%)
    Rune of Power now increases your mana regeneration by 100% (was 75%)

    Pyroblast damage increased by 5%
    Arcane Blast and Arcane Missiles damage increased by 5%
    Frostbolt damage increased by 5%
    Either of these changes would bring disparities in the specs. Pyroblast isn't equal to ABlast + AM, nor is it equal to Frostbolt in terms of damage done.
    Also, your suggested change to 90 talents would make sure that no Fire or Frost Mages in their right minds would take Ring of Power over Invocation.

    That said, I'm not exactly sure where the specs are at now, which one is highest etc., but if Mages are really "bottom of the charts" like some people say, I don't think a 5% buff to one (or two) spells would be enough.

    That, or people are just being overdramatic.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 12:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    Don't you guys read the tweets before posting? I read some interesting things like Mana wells, 90 lvl talent buffs etc.
    Thread is not about what would be nice to buff. It is already stated that the buffs will be passive. No new spells, no mechanics changes.
    The only logical thing to do now so they don't need to nerf us again later on, would be a significant(like 20%) buff on our main nukes as I already posted. Fireball/Frostbolt/Arcane Blast.
    This change will not affect PVP as you need to cast a lot of these spells to make the difference something that is almost impossible in most PVP scenarios.
    Lets just don't start whining because we don't get buffed on what we would like to and just be happy they buff us whatever the buff will be.
    Yes, it will affect PvP. Any change to damage will affect PvP unless it simply doesn't happen there (ye olde Deep Freeze). 20% buff to Frostbolt would bring it back to where it was at some point during PTR, during which Frostbolt was doing far too much damage (I myself managed to crit 175k on a fully resil geared Holy Paladin with it, for instance).
    Last edited by Captain Asshat; 2013-03-12 at 11:01 AM.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  19. #59
    What is the point of the PTR's anyway.

  20. #60
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    Don't you guys read the tweets before posting? I read some interesting things like Mana wells, 90 lvl talent buffs etc.
    Thread is not about what would be nice to buff. It is already stated that the buffs will be passive. No new spells, no mechanics changes.
    The only logical thing to do now so they don't need to nerf us again later on, would be a significant(like 20%) buff on our main nukes as I already posted. Fireball/Frostbolt/Arcane Blast.
    This change will not affect PVP as you need to cast a lot of these spells to make the difference something that is almost impossible in most PVP scenarios.
    Lets just don't start whining because we don't get buffed on what we would like to and just be happy they buff us whatever the buff will be.
    Frostbolt used to be +52% and they nerfed it for being too OP. I have no idea what they could do to Frost if it's not a L90 increase.

    As for Fire/Arcane, an increase to Fireball and ABL would easily fit the bill as no one even plays Arcane PvP at high levels, and no one casts Fireball as Fire PvP. Frost is just in a weird place for that though.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 07:03 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Shynz View Post
    What is the point of the PTR's anyway.
    5.1 PTR: Combustion buffed from 50% Ignite + 33% Pyro DoT to 100% Ignite
    3 days after 5.1 launches: Combustion nerfed to 50% Ignite, CM cut in half from 1.5 to 1.25

    I seriously don't get the PTR at all when we're given little attention whatsoever. I don't see how ^ could possibly pass if we were given the slightest amount of dev time.

    And yes, I know it's been around 4 months since that happened; I'm still pissed about it to this day because it's fucking lazy and sloppy to do something so dick.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-03-12 at 11:04 AM.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (I'll only accept with notice/name is recognizable)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •