Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    It's gonna be a flat damage buff on our lvl 90 talents. It's the only way they can buff us without making one spec more overpowered then the other. Even though fire just scales so damn well with bonuses, Fire will always be the top spec if they keep arcane tied to RoP without any scorch weaving.
    Yep we scale well just like any other class.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidd View Post
    Frost
    Im hoping for an increased chance to proc FoF in frost, its a bit boring spamming frost bolt all the time. Then I wouldn't mind casting a couple of unbuffed frost bolts to get a FoF proc, would make switching targets less of a penalty and improve overall DPS.

Fire
    Allowing fire and only fire to spread its dots to say more than 3 targets including living bomb. If locks can take their whole dot set and move it to a pack fire should be allowed to do the same. Its fire for gods sake, it spreads! This should fix fires AoE problems. Possibly reverting the Pyro nerf and buffing combution could fix single target issues. RNG of fire will not be addressed this expansion.

Arcane
    Demage modifier to the spells I suppose. The whole play style needs a revamp, not this expansion.
    Completly agree, especially with fire point. Fire need an AOE buff. Also i don't get why [Flamestrike] have a 2.0 casting time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corto View Post
    Slightly off-topic when talking buffs to a spec, wasn't the whole point of Mastery when it was introduced was to allow Blizzard to make small adjustments to output? Why are they not able to do this?
    Because not all specs take Mastery as a stat, and as such it would not buff the class equally. Buffing Mastery would leave Haste Arcane and Crit Fire where they are, and it would only affect Mastery Arcane and Frost PvP, making all the Mages flock to Arcane again.

GC said they wanted to keep the parity between the specs.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Any buff in any spec is welcome. Don't need to be OP, just competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by LogixTN View Post
    Any buff in any spec is welcome. Don't need to be OP, just competitive.
    Wierd, I saw Zomgdps talking to a different Logix last week on these forums. Something seems a bit fishy...

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Because not all specs take Mastery as a stat, and as such it would not buff the class equally. Buffing Mastery would leave Haste Arcane and Crit Fire where they are, and it would only affect Mastery Arcane and Frost PvP, making all the Mages flock to Arcane again.

GC said they wanted to keep the parity between the specs.
    Just pointing out that less then a week ago the almighty wizard of oz also said that mage dps would be fine..../we all know how that worked out

Deleted
    I think they wont buff Invocation because Frost (pve/pvp) is quite fine atm. 10% more Dmg by Invocation could be a little too much.

I could imagine:

-Arcane Blast mana costs back to 1.5 (from 1,66)
    -Arcane Blast/AM dmg increased 10%
    -Pyro 10% nerf reverted
    -Fireball dmg 10% increased
    -Frostfirebolt dmg 5% increased

I'm guessing something lazy along the lines of XXX Armour also increase damage done by 5/8/10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    I think they wont buff Invocation because Frost (pve/pvp) is quite fine atm. 10% more Dmg by Invocation could be a little too much.

I could imagine:

-Arcane Blast mana costs back to 1.5 (from 1,66)
    -Arcane Blast/AM dmg increased 10%
    -Pyro 10% nerf reverted
    -Fireball dmg 10% increased
    -Frostfirebolt dmg 5% increased
    Just give me scorch back for arcane, undo the fire nerfs and give FFB a small dps increase...

Quote Originally Posted by Charliesheen View Post
    Please don't buff mages, let them have one patch being middle bottom so they know how it feels
    'In that day they shall take up a taunt song against you and moan bitterly, and say, “We are utterly ruined; he changes the portion of my people; how he removes it from me! To an apostate he allots our fields.” '

Thou shalt not covet. Go play in your field, and leave mine alone. Thanks.

My bet is on flat percentages in the categories of the previous alterations. They will not stray into mechanics territory, and will want to change spell dmg % or coeffecients on spells that will have the smallest impact on pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Just pointing out that less then a week ago the almighty wizard of oz also said that mage dps would be fine.... we all know how that worked out
    I wasn't claiming that GC was infallible.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    How could you seriously fear that as a mage? That has literally never happened. Mage has been top tier dps every patch since firelands. Now you got your first week in the middle of the pack or slightly lower and you cry your eyes out.
    Oh please, crusade back to your paladin forums. Can you tell me one other class that has had all of their specs being the worst in tanking, dpsing or healing?

OT: Will be interesting to see what Blizzard decides to buff not to have mages become even better in PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Just give me scorch back for arcane, undo the fire nerfs and give FFB a small dps increase...
    No fire spells for Arcane, Mages already have too many off-spec spells as it is.
    Rather add a copy of scorch as Arcane Bolt with different graphics that is in the Arcane damage school.

Also all Arcane spells need their 22% nerf reverted. And every stack of Arcane charge should add 2 targets to Arcane Barrage, so that it hits 9 at full stacks.
    Arcane AOE was already weak with 7 targets at 6 stacks, the 4 stack system indirectly nerfed that down to 5 targets.

"We think all 3 are low compared to say lock and hunter."

Please let us do Lock damage. That would be amazing. They'd have to buff our AOE too though. AE spam on Ball Lightning on Lei Shen wasn't getting it done, and that was with the 15 yard glyph hitting everything.

Deleted
    the buffs may announced tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by mrright2 View Post
    the buffs may announced tonight?
    Would have to be as heroic unlock should be around in just a bit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Wierd, I saw Zomgdps talking to a different Logix last week on these forums. Something seems a bit fishy...
    Very possible. Note that my name is LogixTN on the forums

Deleted
    Calling it now: 3% or so buff to Abarr and a scaling modifier to Fireball.

Looks like buffs incoming today:

"Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler

@AasiyahFirawn The intent is before the raid reset / heroics unlock."

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    Looks like buffs incoming today:

"Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler

@AasiyahFirawn The intent is before the raid reset / heroics unlock."

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler
    No offense, but that info is provided several pages back...like on page 1. But thanks for the reminder.