Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    why would u get sat? arent u one of the best mages in blood legion?
    We have enough of the other classes that bring worthwhile utility/damage to fill the raid.
    Mage in <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> on Area 52

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataxus View Post
    We have enough of the other classes that bring worthwhile utility/damage to fill the raid.
    It's eerie how similar this situation is to that of Shamans, being only brought for a single spell...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    I wouldn't be surprised if they actually buffed wizardry to 10% increased int, which will be reverted when we have scaled up with gear and do reasonable damage in 5.3.

(Not official changes...
    Just... dreaming..)

CHANGES INCOMING:
    MAGE:

New spells for Fire and Arcane:
    Flame Orb - 40 yd range 1 minute cooldown 6% of base mana 1.5 sec cast
    Launches a Flame Orb forward from the Mage's position, dealing 539 Fire damage every second to the closest enemy target for 15 secs.
    Blazing speed is now a spell to all specs. On the talent tree spot there is a new spell: Floating Air - Everytime you do damage overtime you have a 35% of chance to proc Floating Air - You are avaible to cast while walking for 10 seconds. This effect has a 20 seconds of cooldown

Fire
    Critcal mass increased to 1.7
    Fireball critical chance increased by 30%

Frost
    Water Elemental's damage increased by 22,3%
    New glyph: Aqua Look - Your Water Elemental now looks like Lei Shi

Arcane
    Arcane Blast damage increased by 20%
    Arcane Missels proc chance increased by 35%
    Arcane barrage damage increased by 20%
    Mastery now also increases your mana regen by amount of mastery you have.

It's funny how ALL I ever seem to read is people complaining. Yes, Mages were a bit over-nerfed. Yes, they weren't buffed within 25 hours. Yes, it takes TIME (sound crazy) to assess the situation. It was clear that the buffs were coming, they aren't going to be big buffs, but more passive (being able to spread LB again possibly).

It wasn't Ghostcrawlers fault that all other classes and specs ended up being better DPS. In other words, I'm fairly confident he didn't sit in the development room and list out all the ways he could fuck mages over... People need to chill out and take deep breaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorchrlol View Post
    It's funny how ALL I ever seem to read is people complaining. Yes, Mages were a bit over-nerfed. Yes, they weren't buffed within 25 hours. Yes, it takes TIME (sound crazy) to assess the situation. It was clear that the buffs were coming, they aren't going to be big buffs, but more passive (being able to spread LB again possibly).

It wasn't Ghostcrawlers fault that all other classes and specs ended up being better DPS. In other words, I'm fairly confident he didn't sit in the development room and list out all the ways he could fuck mages over... People need to chill out and take deep breaths.
    When Blizzard has to fix mistakes that were noted and quite heavily pointed out in Beta and PTR -after- a patch goes live, it indicates a severe problem with their testing team or just how little attention they pay to the PTR.

And given the shit-state that Mages are in at present (only Rogues have it worse), I don't blame anyone for getting mad.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    And given the shit-state that Mages are in at present (only Rogues have it worse), I don't blame anyone for getting mad.
    What? Rogues are amazing right now. Amazing damage and survivability, and added utility of Smoke Bomb. Top 2 classes of patch, along with Warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Rogues are amazing right now. Amazing damage and survivability, and added utility of Smoke Bomb. Top 2 classes of patch, along with Warlocks.
    There's no differentiation between the Rogue specs, and their visuals are bland.

Yeah - median Ass/Rogue - 140k on Jin'rokh, median Arc/Mage 90k dps. LOL

There's no differentiation between the Rogue specs, and their visuals are bland.
    I'll take bland visuals and no differentiation between specs with absurd damage and utility over being utterly worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Can't have blizzards little babies underperform for one patch, not even one week now can we....
    let it happen to your class and i bet you whine like a baby, go troll elsewhere kid

Infracted.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2013-03-12 at 07:13 PM.

Deleted
    its not ez to solve this problem now.
    one of the big issues are not only the single target damage, but also the aoe, mage atm as fire is real bad bad aoe, the only way to fix this will be put no cast time and double the damage on flamestrike and reduce the cd to 4sec, and let our living bomb be copy to 4 targets by impact.
    for arcane let us cast seed of arcane, the same ideia of warlocks seed but could explode ranged arcane explosion, and a way of put nether tempest in all targets withing 10 yard for exemple.

This also applies to Mages, yet Rogues are actually valuable this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    I'll take bland visuals and no differentiation between specs with absurd damage and utility over being utterly worthless.
    Does it have to be one or the other?

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 12:09 PM ----------

This also applies to Mages, yet Rogues are actually valuable this tier.
    Oh good, then there's hope for us yet.

What other classes/specs are being benched by your guild, Ataxus?
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    What other classes/specs are being benched by your guild, Ataxus?
    None in particular to the extent of the mages. Hunters will probably be limited to 0-1 because the other one has useful alts. ATM I'm worried about not having enough gear from the easier bosses when (if) they buff us and we end up being needed for the later (hard) bosses.

Good news seems to be that there is a client patch today. Might mean more than just a server side buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Good news seems to be that there is a client patch today. Might mean more than just a server side buff.
    Just posted the buffs.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Best melee class is rogue by a looooooooooooooooong shot, totaly op damage, 20% reduce raid CD they have it all
    the only melee near op in aoe fights are unholy DK's that are abusing of the pestilance and keep dots all the time with trinkets and pots up.
    Warlocks once again top ranged in single target, top in aoe, amazing raid utility
    mage bottom single target and completely %"$% aoe, 0 in raid utility, flameglow is a lol with 6k reduce damage on hit its like 0 in heroic modes.

Mage: Nether Tempest, Living Bomb, Frost Bomb damage +40%.
    We’re happy with the relative power of Arcane, Fire and Frost mages in PvE to each other, but all three specs are below where we want them. We were hoping that once groups got past the first few 5.2 raid encounters that benefit a lot from multi-dotting that we’d see mage DPS climb, but it’s not there yet. We don’t want to change rotations or force players to change specs, so we wanted a relatively passive change.

We decided to buff the bombs because it affects all three specs relatively similarly and is as close to a passive form of damage as mages have. Had we buffed the cast-time nukes, the risk is that mages would lose even more DPS on high movement or high multi-dot fights, which wasn’t our intent. If these buffs aren’t sufficient, we will happily make more, but we’d rather make a few buffs a few times in a row rather than over buff then have to nerf it back down.

Permission to LOL