Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    Dreadlord ItsRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    865
    Quote Originally Posted by krogy View Post
    We are more worried about Nalak which is the equivalent of Sha. On my realm there's usually enough people for 1 kill the day on server reset, if your not there you had to CRZ it, but now you can't even do that so gg.
    If there's barely enough people on a realm to make one group (seems a bit exaggerated?) it might be time to actually switch realms, or accept the fact that your realm isn't going to be killing it often. The boss is clearly meant to be killed by a large number of experienced players.

    The fact that you have to pay to get off of a dying realm is an entirely different story, one that I don't agree with. Thought I'd throw that in there before you say that's not possible due to the cost.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 01:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Take Sporeggar EU, they can't field a full 10 man group of 90s never mind HC geared ones and the moment CRZ becomes more useful than window dressing it get's disabled. I'm not saying world bosses should be tuned for the lower pop realms but Blizzard had a few choices here ranging from the the hard one of fixing the server issues to the easy, but punitive one, of disabling CRZ. There's a lot of low pop realms that don't just find it hard to find 40 geared 90s, they find it impossible.
    I understand where you're coming from, as I stated above this basically. However, simply stating that 'they should have fixed server stability' is a bit of an easy way out. We all like solutions that don't require any effort or downside on our part. Reality is, that isn't as easy to accomplish as we might think. The realms have, as far as I know, never been optimized for having these huge numbers of players packed in a small space.

    As a final note, everyone needs to remember you can't loot the bosses. That doesn't mean you can't still get friends etc from different realms to help on the actual kill. Granted, it might be hard to find 80 friends that will accept not getting loot....

  2. #62
    [QUOTE=Itsredd;20493174]If there's barely enough people on a realm to make one group (seems a bit exaggerated?) it might be time to actually switch realms, or accept the fact that your realm isn't going to be killing it often. The boss is clearly meant to be killed by a large number of experienced players.

    The fact that you have to pay to get off of a dying realm is an entirely different story, one that I don't agree with. Thought I'd throw that in there before you say that's not possible due to the cost.[COLOR="red"]

    As I said I already made peace with not being able to kill Oon until 5.4, but Nalak is a sha of anger type boss meaning it should be accessible for everyone.
    You are welcome to log at any time and do /who 90 and remember patch just came out in a month's time numbers will be much lower.
    I would transfer and even pay for it if it wasn't so absurd, 20 Eur per char when I don't wanna move just my main but my alts as well and also move with my friends and their alts.
    When i transferred to this server back a bit after AQ opened it was a good server and cata pretty much killed it.
    I just keep hoping blizzard will live up to their word and fix low pop server, but at the moment I don't see it even coming, instead they just shoot us in the leg and say well you AH is empty, getting people to raid guild is an almost impossible task so you have to settle for bad people, we will also prevent you from killing world bosses if you have even little on real life and cant log after server restarts(true for mine some poor servers can't even have that).

  3. #63
    Nalak is not as hard as Oondasta, small realms should have no trouble downing him so long as they downed Sha.

  4. #64
    The issue isn't to down him is to get the people to do it. Once one group killed it, 80% of the horde killed it, if you weren't there you had to CRZ sha.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    I love how everyone on a low pop realm thinks it's now completely impossible to kill him.

    You realize that it was intended for one full group of heroic raiders, right?
    No, actually.

    Based on a quote attributed to Bashiok when you look up Oondasta on Wowhead, http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69161/oondasta#comments
    "It may be worth noting though that one of the world bosses, Oondasta, is intended to be crazy-difficult. If you’re not in an organized Heroic-level raid group and teaming up with other Heroic-level raid groups, you’re going to want to stick to the other world boss, Nalak...."

    Apparently it was intended for more than one raid.

    As I stated before, considering past history and the new tag for loot system, if Blizzard did not expect zerg rush tactics then they are either stupid or hopelessly naive.

    A lot of oondasta's mechanics can easily be dealt with. It's the fact that there's 200 people around that makes for wipes, as it becomes impossible to 'utilize' some of the mechanics to reduce damage.
    That is useful to know, but that does not change players. Even if it is a single raid group attacking him, unless they remove the tag for loot mechanic on this boss, you will always get as many people as possible swarming like piranha for the pinata.

  6. #66
    I feel sorry for those on low population realms. You are royally fucked. Blizzard has supposedly been trying to help low population realms but when a boss requires 120 people and your realm is pretty much dead. There's no way in hell you're going to kill Oondasta

  7. #67
    The Patient eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Archery Range
    Posts
    285
    I have two level 90's on different realms so one will get a chance to kill the world bosses and the other will never. Populated servers will have fun because they will still be able to gather 2-3 40 man groups of the same faction all sharing the tag. I know what it is like to be on an unpopulated realm so It will be difficult to even get one team of 40 people.

  8. #68
    Interesting design decision to make a world boss with the intention of multiple raids engaging it at the same time when you apparently don't have the server technology to accommodate multiple raids. You might say that the whole implementation of cross server raids is stupid if they have such server stability issues.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    The stars may be far away, but people still reach for them. -My Grandfather

  9. #69
    Warchief Byniri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Lansing, Michigan.
    Posts
    2,226
    I understand why they did this, but I'm worried this will hurt lower population realms.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

  10. #70
    Mechagnome Twisted Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - God's Own Country!
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalme View Post
    No, actually.

    Based on a quote attributed to Bashiok when you look up Oondasta on Wowhead, http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69161/oondasta#comments
    "It may be worth noting though that one of the world bosses, Oondasta, is intended to be crazy-difficult. If you’re not in an organized Heroic-level raid group and teaming up with other Heroic-level raid groups, you’re going to want to stick to the other world boss, Nalak...."

    Apparently it was intended for more than one raid.
    You misinterpret. A MoP raid group is either 10 or 25 people. Therefore 4x 10 man raid groups will need to Team Up to defeat Oondasta.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    Amazing. Since my toons are stuck on a low pop realm that's just another reason not to re-sub. Blizzard sure makes it easy to not care anymore these days.
    Cool then why are you on the WoW General forums bro?

    OT: Im on bleeding Hollow US, we kept zerging it on our realm but were populated enough i think we will be able to get 4 raid groups from the same realm.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  12. #72
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,172
    good blizz logic....

    "lets make a world boss that, at current gear levels will take 5 raids to kill...that would be truly epic"

    "WTF!!! they got together 5 raids to kill the boss?!?! NO NO NO NO! thats not how you do it!"

    lol

  13. #73
    its hard enuff once a week to get 40 people together for SHA or Galleon on my realm, Gorgonnash. theres only ever 60 people on at one time on horde side and less on Alli. How bout we scale Oondasta to have HP and Dmg scale to the realm pop and such? something must be done besides just limit the gear he drops to the high pop realms capable of gathering enuff for the kill. I think we can all agree that 40 wont do it.

  14. #74
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,385
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Im on bleeding Hollow US, we kept zerging it on our realm but were populated enough i think we will be able to get 4 raid groups from the same realm.
    Honestly, I didn't even realize there were CRZ'd people in those raids last week. There's so many people running around Isle of Thunder every afternoon I don't imagine getting a full server raid there will be any issue.

    My alts on my other server are completely screwed now, though. I'm usually lucky if I see more than four other people in Shrine of Two Moons at the same time as me there.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    good blizz logic....

    "lets make a world boss that, at current gear levels will take 5 raids to kill...that would be truly epic"

    "WTF!!! they got together 5 raids to kill the boss?!?! NO NO NO NO! thats not how you do it!"

    lol
    No, it's meant to be 1 or 2 raids full of good- great raiders not LULZ 5 GREWPS LETS PEW PEWZ AT GRAVEYARDZ!!!1!!1!

    Also not sure but CRZ might put more stress on the server.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    You misinterpret. A MoP raid group is either 10 or 25 people. Therefore 4x 10 man raid groups will need to Team Up to defeat Oondasta.
    Obviously it would be tuned to the latter of the two if it's "crazy-difficult"; I get what you're arguing, but it's obvious he means the larger option. If someone says it's crazy-difficult to defeat Peyton Manning, you wouldn't suppose they were referring to high school football teams - though that sentiment would be true, too - you would logically conclude they meant NFL players who have more power to inflict a loss, just like a 25 man has more power than a 10 man. And if we're getting technical he said other raid groups, i.e. at least 2 raid groups in addition to that first one. So it seems the most appropriate interpretation is that this boss is intended for approximately/at least 75 heroic-level raiders, or two "full" raid groups. Which is certainly more than the one raid group suggestion he was originally countering.

  17. #77
    This will suck on low pop servers. Luckily. We have done him 3 times without crz. Filled with 3-4 raids with server only. Perhaps 1-2 from other servers. but not a raid group

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not much was keeping you anyways since you conveniently ignored WHY they did it. SERVER STABILITY. They aren't being bad at all.
    Its all well and good to say, "Blizz are actually fixing an issue, they care!!" There shouldnt have been an issue where a boss required such a stupid amount of people to kill in the first place. We did it on Cael US over the weekend with 4 raid groups. 3 just could not do it - I suspect because majority of the people are tards, but thats the issue with pugging and thats an issue Blizzard should have thought of. Then you encounter the isuse of trying to kill them before the opposite faction does, of course youre going to bring as many people as you can so you can get it down first try.

    It was bad design from the start and they arent fixing the core problem with the boss.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Cool then why are you on the WoW General forums bro?
    To see if there are changes that might make me reconsider, as I still like parts of the game? Must be a hard concept "bro".

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post

    Also not sure but CRZ might put more stress on the server.
    Why did they bother to implement faction tagging if their servers cant handle it? Seems a bit odd. I thought the whole point of doing it was to allow more than one raid to tag it? Very strange indeed.
    I'm a Forsaken. I kill firstborns while their mamas watch. I turn cities into salt. I even, when I feel like it, rip the souls from little girls, and from now till kingdom come, the only thing you can count on in your existence is never understanding why.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •