Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

At the halfway point in mists of pandaria what are your thoughs so far

hey gals and girls... were at the halfway mark of the expansion . what are your thoughs.. good bad and indifferent

my ratings so far 1-10

storyline - 9

i think its a high 9ish.. i think more should have been developed about the old god shajjeri or however you spell it.. but content so far i think is great

dailies -6

everyone knows my opinion on dailies.. i think that dailies are ok but something new is need to not seem like a grind for those that dont raid

raids -10

there absolutely awesome.. some of them mecanically challenging.. but there the best in many years.. atleast since wraith

challenge mode -1

i think this was a disappointing feature.. maybes it cause my server doesnt do them at all..and i have yet to get though 1 without people quitting but this could be improved in the next xpanions

what are your guys thoughs

Great expansion so far.

At this point I have already played more WoW than I did during Cataclysm where I quit halfway through, and the content is still keeping me interested. I will stay subbed for now and keep doing casual PVE and PVP.

i think its to soon to say its the halfway point since blizzard has said there might be a 5.5 and 5.6
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

If anything, we're at the 1/3 mark. We got the rest of this tier (15), and next tier (16). If what Immitis says is true, we might get another tier? Idk.

Edit:

Anyways..

Storyline - I never cared for lore. So I can't really place a grade on this.

Dailies - Boring as hell after a while. I like having one hub where I do everything like the Isles and Tol Barad and stuff. Pre-5.2 = 2/10. Post-5.2: 7.5/10

Raids - People disconnecting or making constant derp mistakes ruin what could be some of the best encounters I've ever seen. My favorite fights so far are H-Spirit Kings, H-Elegon, H-Feng, Empress, Horridon. 9/10

Challenge Modes - I've done a few, mostly in pugs. People complain constantly about how trash hard is (and in raids); I love difficult trash. 8/10
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2013-03-10 at 10:05 AM.

I'd agree with raids. But storyline, dailies and challenge modes i'd have to highly disagree.

Dailies dailies dailies... Repetative, boring, and had to do them on 4+ alts is just flat out dumb. I gave up on them within the first month because i got sick and tired of doing them over and over. But you were forced to do them to get your character anywhere in the game. You HAD to have coins for gear, but then that's a problem cause you never got gear from them. 1/10

Storyline was good for the quests while lvling, actually loved lvling for once in this game. But then all the lore and story for new stuff came from dailies which... wasn't fun and didn't do. So in order for me to get story for what's going on now, i have to talk to my buddy which grinded out the dailies. 5/10

Challenge Modes were amazing. I got a group of friends that were a bit interested as well and we wiped and wiped and wiped. Had a TON of fun wiping and discovering new things that we could do. We eventually did everything in silver within the first month but that shortly died due to the lack of interest in the game for many people. But when it happened I LOVED them, I was addicted to them, I had to do more and more! 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    So far, I would give a 10 for everything except challenge modes, seeing as I couldn't find anyone on my server to participate with.
    Dailies, OMG! Thank god for returning, the amount of dailies Cata had was pretty pathetic & really hurt my gold reserve badly & I'm one of the few players who earns gold from dailies only. Daily-ing for rep/gear was never a problem for me, way better then mob farming in Vanilla for rep, besides extra gold to support the number of alts I have.
    Last edited by Winterstrife; 2013-03-10 at 10:08 AM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

storyline - 8+, loving the story so far. many people, even some of my irl friends, keeps saying pandaria doesn't fit into the lore, and no matter how much i explain how it has BECOME a major part of the lore, mainly through the old god and ra'den, some people still refuse to see mop as what it is.

Dailys - 7+, loving them. yes, i guess if you are a psyco min/maxer and altoholic, they are anoying. but the fact that i could gear up my main doing dailys and raids, and then 2 other alts to 480+ ilvl within a week not touching a single daily proves the fact that dailys is only mandatory if you for some reason force your self to believe so, or if you got a jackass of a raidleader forcing you to do them. Also, with patch 5.2, noone, and i repeat, NOONE, can cry about dailys. Rep have never been easyer to get by than now, not even when *gasp* tabard farming was the sheit.

Raids - 9+ love most of the bosses. there is a few i hate, but overall, a lot better that cataclysm.

pvp - 4, the one thing i prefer from cata over MoP is the PvP. but then again, in cata i was playing to pvp because i didn't have as much time to raid as i do atm, while i have not done much pvp in mop.

Challenge modes - no idea. On my main realm, no alliance have gotten full gold, where as on my alt realm sylvanas, everyone in my guild seems to get gold achivements all the time.

yeah i would have to agree with you.. i love storyline while questing.. the thunder king will be a epic raid i havent had the chance to do non lfr raids outside mv 10 but progression is what it is..

challenge mode is a bit tough ..i think it needs to be nerfed just like 3 or 4 percent maybe it work out..

everything else seems great except the daily grind.. i love some dailies but day after day its old

Every body likes to say the game is old as a defence of the mounting sub loss. Well the sad reality is that mists just makes the game feel older and more stale than it ever has. In an attempt to stop the bleed, they catered to a vocal minority of players in some foolish attempt to bring the game back to vanilla and bc ( a goal which is virtually impossible) and will suffer from it. In the end it just results in a product that feels tired and old with little to nothing new in terms of innovation. I guess I don't share in the hive mind opinion but the devs will keep loosing subs until they get stop listening to tiny players with massive egos who get bruised easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think its to soon to say its the halfway point since blizzard has said there might be a 5.5 and 5.6
    Since when did they say there might be a 5.5 or 5.6 patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikehuntz View Post
    Since when did they say there might be a 5.5 or 5.6 patch?
    interview a few days ago on wow insider
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

if we're at the halfway point, they better start reducing the cost of xpacs because they don't offer anywhere near as much content as they used to.

I think it has been a decent expansion so far. Too much focus on dailies, PvP has been in a bad state (In my opinion) with fixes not coming often enough, but raids have been good. My personal scale of expansions/original so far is:

TBC > WotLK/MoP > Classic > Cata.

So it's decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    if we're at the halfway point, they better start reducing the cost of xpacs because they don't offer anywhere near as much content as they used to.
    well it was like $40 this time, the other expansions were $60 I think unless my memory isnt working

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    well it was like $40 this time, the other expansions were $60 I think unless my memory isnt working
    theyve always been 40 in most places. i know australia has wonky pricing on video games though so no clue what they were there

Deleted
    Storyline: 8, Interesting plot between the Alliance and the Horde and Pandaria's rich history and races.
    Dailies: 7, they have been improved since 5.1 Dailies, where there was an actual storyline between the dailies, and I like the current lockout idea on the Isle of Thunder. But at the start of MoP it would've been a definate 5.
    Raids: 9, ToT looks absolutely amazing and has a decent difficulty, but T14 was kinda meh because of the boss tacts.
    Challenge Modes: 6, I like the idea but haven't done them myself as of yet so keeping it to a 6.
    Scenarios: 5, really boring and offers no challenge at all. I hope the 5.2 single scenarios will be better than the previous ones.
    Pet Battles: 7, like the idea but again haven't really done much of them myself.

9/10, the best expansion, coming from a part-time heroic raider. Dailies are fun, reps are fun, raids are fun and original, specs are more balanced and fun than ever. I hope Blizzard continues the trend of MoP rather than reverting to WotLK or Cata styles in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good expansion, I hope the dissapointment of Cata made them think better, and let's hope they keep up the good work.
    But i don't think that we are at the 50% point, i think we're at the 30% point of the expansion xd

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I am sorry to interrupt your nonsense-spree, but you were the first one to mention the word "old" in this thread.
    Please don't derail this thread like you derailed tons of others.

"Don't listen to them, listen to me instead!"
    Yes they should. I'm glad we agree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I am sorry to interrupt your nonsense-spree, but you were the first one to mention the word "old" in this thread.
    Please don't derail this thread like you derailed tons of others.

"Don't listen to them, listen to me instead!"
    The word "Everybody" can include those outside the current thread. In this case I think it did.