BM hunters - how to kill? [PVP]

Does anyone have an effective strategy for winning against BM hunters? I feel like they are just God Mode 1v1 with all their CC and instants.

What's your class/spec ?

Personally, as Unholy DK I have no problem, they're like Mages to me if he manages to "pull" you it's really hard but killable, if not it's a peace of cake

[Edit] Just saw that's it posted on Warlock forums, my bad..

Well I guess if you're demo lock it's pretty easy, just build fury and even if you go down you can go from 10% to 100% with Def CDs Regen/Stone and then pop Off CD and OS the Hunter

Destro should be the same, as of Affli the damage is pretty low so the hunter will get the kill 1st ^^
    Last edited by Gennoken; 2013-03-12 at 12:22 PM.

this is the warlock forums. beyond that I run destro usually. Demo sometimes.

beating a bm hunter as a lock is about playing smart. my pvp talents

dark regen
    howl of terror
    sac pact
    unbound will
    go sup
    arch vengance

if ya see a hunter pop big red pet, sac pact/arch vengance. try to fear em if your not cc'ed and if the hunter has stampede howl the second he uses it. pop unending/dark regen/hs if ya get in trouble.

For all specs id say aff would be the easiest if you can outplay him as opposed to out living him. My link is in my armory so you can look at the way I spec if you would like or my gems. The best way I have found to beat them as aff would be to get them to pop trinket early that way when you fear them you can get haunt and a full malefic grasp channel off which will most likely be the finishing touch. If however it is not hit him with a death coil and refresh ua with fel flame and continue to malefic grasp him. Its all really based on the situation though.

As destro well its really up to you with how insane our survivability is as destruction you could honestly just get immolate up spam conflag and fel flame than just heal yourself for millions its really funny than just fear/cb and gg. I literally can let anyone get me to 20-30% health as destruction pop my sac pet for shield and darkregen/hs and use the destruction spell that heals you and it literally heals you for like 800k its crazy lol so have fun.

Yeah a good hunter can give you hell because of all their instant CC. Havocing the pet for embers is a good idea, and if the hunter turtles with LoS it's pretty viable to kill the pet, Shadowburn for 2 embers and then it's a free win. Hunters that spec their pet Cunning won't have Heart of the Phoenix (instant pet rez on 8 min CD).

If you have to fight them straight up, killing the pet might not be an option - I like to Unending Resolve and Sac Pact really early before so I can get momentum and not delay Silencing Shot. You can trinket Indimidation or Silencing Shot.

Be wary of casting a Chaos Bolt unless you can 100% get it off (like you have them in a Fear or a Shadowfury stun with 3+ Backdraft stacks up). It's too easy for hunters to stop Chaos Bolt w/ FD, Deterrance (glyphed they can reflect!), Silencing Shot, Scatter, Indimidation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best 1v1 tip I can give for hunters as destruction is to rain of fire if they stampede. With the ridiculous amount of embers you'll be generating, he'll have an extremely hard time to kill you because you'll constantly be ember tapping ( Works best if unglyphed). As demonology you can hellfire stampede for a ton of fury, then blow up the hunter with all your instants.