Page 1 of 30
... LastLast

Cool Ever dated a fat girl/fat guy off of personality? Now with a little background.

Have you ever tried to date a big girl/big guy based off of personality? If your answer is yes, then you're just like me. Back in my early twenties I tried to date a big girl off of her personality. The thing about her was that she was big and very unattractive. I've dated her purely based off her personality. She felt very self-conscious about her looks. She felt like I looked better than her. The one thing I think men and women really need to understand, no one in life is going to be with you because you simply exist. We all have to do things in life to make our self-more attractive to the opposite sex. Hell if it was not for women I wouldn’t, take a bath, have a job, move out of my mammas basement, go to the GYM or eat healthy. If I didn't do most of them things, do you think anyone would be with me? I think as a society yes some people can be overly superficial; they are the people you skip over. But were all biologically wired a certain way, and no matter how bad it may look or may not look, it is what it is. And at the end of the day, nothing's going to change. So ladies and gentleman, improve what you can about to self, politically correct answers are not going to change a damn thing.

PS As for that big girl I dated, I left her.

Special note: This applies to all sexual preferences, no bias here.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

A little background.

These are some of the problems that arise from dating someone you're not attracted too.

Very unattractive woman:
    Morbidly obese:
    Wide nose:
    Taller than me:
    She couldn't wear makeup because she had bad skin:
    Big open pores on her face:
    She ate like a man; she sucked on the chicken bones till all of the meat was off of it. Also ate way to much.
    Very self-conscious about herself:
    I never wanted her to touch me because I was not attracted to her.
    Never wanted her to kiss me because I was never attracted to her.
    I never wanted her to touch me during intimacy.

She started to ask me difficult ass questions, like baby be honest with me, are you attracted to me? And I really didn't know how to answer these kinds of questions.

Never ever again will I ever do this again. If this makes me superficial then I'm superficial.
    Last edited by Preston Garvey; 2013-03-12 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Added a little background.

Nope, and never will.

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it isn't so much about size and looks, as it is details and grooming, someone who takes care of themselves, but goes with god gave them is typically what i find attractive, which is why generally i like women with smaller frame. Not because of looks alone, but a lot of times its standards and the ability take care of one self.

No.

But that's because I"m not unable to see beauty because of weight. That's not to say I find every person that is overweight to be attractive... but I don't find all physically fit people to be attractive either. It's largely irrelevant to me.

Edit for clarity: I have seriously dated four people in my life, 2 of whom would probably considered overweight. I did not choose those two on personality, because that implies I wasn't attracted to them for their appearance, that I chose them in spite of their appearance, and that is simply not the case.

(I'm sure you'll accuse me of not actually believing this, or of being politically correct, or tell me that my opinion is wrong, or some such.... but I just wanted to share that not everyone thinks like you, and that this doesn't make those of us who don't think like you automatically wrong. If that wasn't what you wanted to imply, try toning down the arrogance in your post.)

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Nope, and never will.
    This echoes my opinion. It is about looks, albeit only to a degree.

Dating as in going out with her? Yes, and I really thought her looks weren't so important to me (she wasn't ugly, had a very cute face, but was quite overweight). Figured out I was more shallow than I thought. Pretty hurtful experience for both of us.

Deleted
    no. But then I'm attacted to people who share my interests, which outside of work are largely physical - running, cycling, hiking, going to the gym and martial arts. I enjoy pushing myself to do more, and appreciate that attitude in others. So its unlikley I'd find the personality of someone who does not excersise to be attractive.

lol oh lawdy, you sound like a quality human being. "I don't do things for myself, I do them to impress others".. but ay, you dated a fat girl you musn't be a douchebag!

"The one thing I think men and women really need to understand, no one in life is going to be with you because you simply exist." Thats wonderful advice that you have obviously collected through your many years of wisdom (12 or so)

You sound like someone from Jersey Shore. Shouldn't you be off GTL'ing right about now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.
    I met my wife online, thus I fell in love with her personality. I didn't even knew how she looked when I noticed that something was going on. She later emailed me a glamour shot of hers, but... let's say she was tired and worn when they took it, and it is noticable. Even know, 15 years after the picture was taken, she looks older in that picture. She is overweight and was overweight when we finally met face to face. For me, she is the most beautiful woman in the world. She is my perfect match. When we finally met (she came to visit me in Berlin, Germany, herself she's from Ohio), we felt it "click" the instant I picked her up from the airport.
    We are now married for almost 12 years (April 2nd is our wedding anni) and we have 2 kids.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

Deleted
    nope, looks are important to me, i couldn't date someone i dont find attractive

Out of all the girls iv dated its clearly not for my looks lol, So it has to be personality. Ofc looks come into it but id rather date a bigger girl with a personality like mine who is fun and has a good laugh then a attractive girl who is as dull as paper.

Yes. Its difficult for me to stay with a person who doesn't take an active role in their own health, and that is what destroyed most of these relationships. I watched two of my grandparents lose their spouse due to health problems directly related to weight. Both of my grandparents have told me that their only regrets from their marriages of 20+ years each were that in their fear of hurting their spouses' feelings, they allowed their spouse to slowly regress into unhealthy lifestyles that eventually lead to death. That is why I'm honest with those I date. I need someone who takes their health seriously. I also won't date girls who smoke or suffer more serious addictions. Also, I like petite Women. It is my thing, I will not bring myself to change my outlook on this.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Deleted
    If I can't carry the girls on my arms it's a big no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    Have you ever tried to date a big girl/big guy based off of personality?
    You're implying it takes extra effort to date someone who's bigger?
    Anyhoo, yes I have, though she was perdy as heck, just formed like a female dwarf. I didn't mind at all, and our personalities fit so well together it made the sex mindblowingly amazing.

To ansewer your question, no and i won't.
    The reason i won't is not because im an asshole who don't like fat women. I can be friendly or friends with them, but im not attracted to them, so it doesn't matter if they have a great personality.

But there is also diffrent opinions on who is hot and not. Maybe there are people out there who would rate a fat woman to 7, while i would give 1. And a 10 for me, would be a 3 for them and so on. But as long as you are not attracted to the person, then you can't be with them.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

15+ Year Old Account
    I tend to fall for people despite their looks.

Most people in my surroundings have reacted with "you are soooo out of his league!" with every BF I've ever had, my reaction is usually - yeah so what? Leaves most people speechless. Personality and intelligence is far more attractive to me than looks will ever be. I have no problem with overweight people, unless they are boring in the sense that they never want to go outdoors and do stuff. Never dated an obese person though, but overweight yes.

And hey to be honest, the older we get the "uglier" we all will become, eventually to a point where not even the surgery knife will be able to help us. What do we do then?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a girl, I like my man with a bit of meat on thier bones. Something about skinny men just turns me off. I really don't know the reason why. Just seen so many FB pictures of skinny guys flaunting thier "6-pack" abs. Umm, skinny guys with abs are like a fat girl with big boobs. It don't really count.

But that being said, I would also date a skinnier guy if we had a great time together. For me personally, it's how the other person makes me feel when I spend time with them. This is not to say be all over me, and clingy. Thats the biggest turn off ever. It's something in the middle and something I just can't put words to. Being compatable sexually is a must as well. Bore me in bed and I won't be around for long! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    Just seen so many FB pictures of skinny guys flaunting thier "6-pack" abs.
    Well, this is a strictly douchebag activity, so it should bug you.

I am a chubby chaser so really all im interested in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspect of Death View Post
    To ansewer your question, no and i won't.
    The reason i won't is not because im an asshole who don't like fat women. I can be friendly or friends with them, but im not attracted to them, so it doesn't matter if they have a great personality.

But there is also diffrent opinions on who is hot and not. Maybe there are people out there who would rate a fat woman to 7, while i would give 1. And a 10 for me, would be a 3 for them and so on. But as long as you are not attracted to the person, then you can't be with them.
    You, sir, are beating around the bush...