Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Might want to take off those nostalgia glasses. As a caster, I had to kill Benedictus at least 30 times before he dropped his weapon. Melee plate wearers had to kill that first boss a billion times to get their item.

    You'd have 9 items, but you probably couldn't use any of them.
    Lol nostalgia glasses? it was like 4 months ago. I can remember it clearly.

    Actually geared 5 different level 85 characters in those dungeons within 3 weeks of it's release :/

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade Paladin View Post
    Didn't ignore it at all actually, I was very hopeful for it.

    Thus far I have done all the LFR's, have gone through 27 Coins, AND have received 3 pieces of Loot, 2 of them being the same item from the same boss.
    I'm guessing this is on more than one toon?
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Please send all PM's with a read receipt, that way both you and I will know I'm not reading them....

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    What do people have against people being able to start late in an Expansion and experience the last patch straight away though?
    I don't have anything against it, I'm just not sympathetic to it. The rest of us spent 6 months gearing up on that content, I don't see why its such a terrible thing for new players to spend a month (or less) on it. You say that it took your Monk a month to get to 480, with the increased loot drops, increase elder charms, reduced valor prices, faster rep grinds, and new tag/spawn timers for the world bosses... its unlikely that you'd take anywhere near as long in 5.2

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Gearing is both quick and easy, or at least - it was during 5.1. Perhaps the 10% nerf and increased drop chances in that tier actually make it harder to beat bosses and get gear? It's a fucking Enigma.
    Of course it was easy in 5.1, you only need to grind dungeons to have the gear to be Ready for MSV, and grinding dungeons where you have no weekly cap on the amount you can run is Easy.

    Getting a fresh 90 now in 5.2 when most guilds have moved onto ToT and generally don't run previous content results in the Heroic->LFR MSV->LFR HOF->LFR ToES->LFR ToT, gear circus, Not really an Enigma, but I understand some people do have 12 hours a day to sink into WoW.

  5. #45
    I'm not going to tell you to grind Elder Charms, I'm going to ask how good it is for the longevity of the expansion when a new set of dungeons is introduced, with improved rewards, that make older dungeons obsolete. Great, now you have 3 dungeons instead of 9.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    I'm guessing this is on more than one toon?
    Negative, Saved up as many coins as I could previous to 5.2 drop. Since I figured higher Loot chance was going to be Higher than it actually is, and was Lucky to pick up a whole tonne of coins from my first Trove Scenario, and Arcane Trove rewards.

    Managed to blow them all in the past week already. all 27 :/

  7. #47
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartfrost View Post
    lol Hears the thing last tir the normal mode raids started with mv so you can walk into normals in heroic blues just like every other xpack for years. Also you can walk into TOT with lfr gear. If you got the skills the guild your appling to will get you in.
    And those people were the ones posting complaining about bosses being overtuned. If your raid group was in full lfr gear (476-483), you would probably be having issues past the first boss.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I'm not going to tell you to grind Elder Charms, I'm going to ask how good it is for the longevity of the expansion when a new set of dungeons is introduced, with improved rewards, that make older dungeons obsolete. Great, now you have 3 dungeons instead of 9.
    Didn't hurt the last 3 Expacs at all, and Blizzard has expressed they want faster Content/Expansions so longetivity really doesn't have to be even that much more of a problem.

  9. #49
    Herald of the Titans Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,523
    I will admit I skimmed through your post, OP. However, I think I have the gist of what you are talking about. If I am correct, you are unhappy that you are going to have to grind LFR for the "catch up" gear that we have seen in previous expansions.

    To me, I like the idea of "No Catch Up Gear" this patch. Reason being, it keeps the content from the last tier slightly more relevant. Sure, it means more work to get caught up, but I like the challenge. However, for those who are in your position... the valor gear prices have been cut in half and they have made rep gain so much more abundant, that you shouldn't have any problem getting up to VP gear and going to town.


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Didn't hurt the last 3 Expacs at all, and Blizzard has expressed they want faster Content/Expansions so longetivity really doesn't have to be even that much more of a problem.
    MgT was an experiment,
    ICC 5mans offered too good rewards
    Same with HoTs

    New dungeons reduce the amount of 5mans people do, it's not a very good way of catching up in my opinion. If anything I'd probably like less RNG in 5.0 LFRs, but what effects does this have? Bosses dropping currency, and suddenly all the items you need is guaranteed? "oh hope it drops this time!" becomes "hurry up you retards I need to kill 7 more bosses for my Starshatter."

    Players seemingly never consider these things.. or maybe they do, but then they have no reason to complain and you won't see them in the "I HATE RNG" threads. Blizzard wants to pump out content faster but this isn't anything new. Frankly I sometimes wonder if their standard of quality is too high (loud snort from quitters), to the point where all the different parts of putting together a raid starts to take too much time. Some older raids have a near cult following despite actually not being that good, except having something new in them, like activated HM modes in Ulduar or very memorable bosses
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-03-12 at 03:07 PM.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I will admit I skimmed through your post, OP. However, I think I have the gist of what you are talking about. If I am correct, you are unhappy that you are going to have to grind LFR for the "catch up" gear that we have seen in previous expansions.

    To me, I like the idea of "No Catch Up Gear" this patch. Reason being, it keeps the content from the last tier slightly more relevant. Sure, it means more work to get caught up, but I like the challenge. However, for those who are in your position... the valor gear prices have been cut in half and they have made rep gain so much more abundant, that you shouldn't have any problem getting up to VP gear and going to town.
    Except you have a 1000VP cap.

    the problem there being, even with prices halved, that is 1 piece of gear a week.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    That is assuming you have the Ilvl or Quality gear to go straight into Normal modes from the beginning of a New patch. With a new Character, and after having missed nearly 2 months of playing due to moving house and waiting for a new Internet connection/Stability I am pretty much relegated to running MSV over and over until I get enough gear to then run HoF and EOTS both which have insane queue times of 25-40mins, which also only give a small chance of getting gearing since I am currently without charms from last Patch.
    Also to buy the Valor gear when your character is currently on 0/1000vp means 2 weeks minimum before I can buy even my first piece of valor gear, and that is assuming I've done the dailies and got the Rep to allow them to be bought.
    This is an over exaggeration, with a new character you can take him to the isle of thunder and get a key in no time and not even need to do dailys this gives about min 10 golden coins. The queue times are only 25 mins usually if your a dps and up towards 40 mins if your doing it at an off time. You would only need to run MSV about once to get into HoF and Toes with the new drop rate, and HoF and Toes and those drop all the gear you need for Normal lvl of Thunder raid and if you want you can do the lfr coming out today and have better than heroic ilvl of last tier to get into Normal. EZ PZ no need to sit in Org and press i and farm boring dungeons non stop. (which still have long queue times for DPS)
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I will admit I skimmed through your post, OP. However, I think I have the gist of what you are talking about. If I am correct, you are unhappy that you are going to have to grind LFR for the "catch up" gear that we have seen in previous expansions.

    To me, I like the idea of "No Catch Up Gear" this patch. Reason being, it keeps the content from the last tier slightly more relevant. Sure, it means more work to get caught up, but I like the challenge. However, for those who are in your position... the valor gear prices have been cut in half and they have made rep gain so much more abundant, that you shouldn't have any problem getting up to VP gear and going to town.
    It isn't so much the "No catch up gear", it is the amount you need to go through just to get up to the "current" tiers LFR. I think Silverblade put it into a good layout.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade Paladin View Post
    Getting a fresh 90 now in 5.2 when most guilds have moved onto ToT and generally don't run previous content results in the Heroic->LFR MSV->LFR HOF->LFR ToES->LFR ToT, gear circus, Not really an Enigma, but I understand some people do have 12 hours a day to sink into WoW.
    Instead of in previous expansions where it was maybe: New Dungeons for Slightly higher than Normal Heroics Ilvl to Normal Mode Previous content Raid to Current Content Raid, sometimes even missing out the Middle part. I.e ICC 5mans > ToTc > ICC all within 19 ilvls of eachother, the 5mans gave 232, TOTC gave 232/245, ICC gave 251/264. Now it is 463 > 476(LFR/REP/Crafted) > 483(HoF/EOTS LFR) > 489(Rep) > 497(REP/Normal MSV) > 503 (Normal HoF ToES) > 502 (ToT LFR) just to get to 522 ToT normal mode.

  14. #54
    Pit Lord velde046's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Also to buy the Valor gear when your character is currently on 0/1000vp means 2 weeks minimum before I can buy even my first piece of valor gear, and that is assuming I've done the dailies and got the Rep to allow them to be bought.
    Haven't checked, but I think the VP gear cost was also halved, so you should be able to pick up an item each week really... And probably 2 items in every third week....
    Week 1: 625 VP item (that was 1250) 375 points left
    week 2: 625 VP item again now you have 750 points left

    So you could get another 625 item then in week 2 or save the 750 and go for two(!) 825 points item (was 1750), since the first would leave 175 VP plus the 750 from before.... that's really not bad.... considering you get drops also from LFR, you should be quite well geared in a matter of a week or 4.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    It isn't so much the "No catch up gear", it is the amount you need to go through just to get up to the "current" tiers LFR. I think Silverblade put it into a good layout.



    Instead of in previous expansions where it was maybe: New Dungeons for Slightly higher than Normal Heroics Ilvl to Normal Mode Previous content Raid to Current Content Raid, sometimes even missing out the Middle part. I.e ICC 5mans > ToTc > ICC all within 19 ilvls of eachother, the 5mans gave 232, TOTC gave 232/245, ICC gave 251/264. Now it is 463 > 476(LFR/REP/Crafted) > 483(HoF/EOTS LFR) > 489(Rep) > 497(REP/Normal MSV) > 503 (Normal HoF ToES) > 502 (ToT LFR) just to get to 522 ToT normal mode.
    More like Ding 90 (1 or 2 heroic and maybe a scenario) 1 time max 2 LFR MSV - LFR HoF/EOTS- LFR ToT or Normal ToT Depending on your need of ilvl's and skill.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    This is an over exaggeration, with a new character you can take him to the isle of thunder and get a key in no time and not even need to do dailys this gives about min 10 golden coins. The queue times are only 25 mins usually if your a dps and up towards 40 mins if your doing it at an off time. You would only need to run MSV about once to get into HoF and Toes with the new drop rate, and HoF and Toes and those drop all the gear you need for Normal lvl of Thunder raid and if you want you can do the lfr coming out today and have better than heroic ilvl of last tier to get into Normal. EZ PZ no need to sit in Org and press i and farm boring dungeons non stop. (which still have long queue times for DPS)
    The one Key I got only netted me 4 coins, from those 4 coins and a Full run of MSV, I got 2 pieces of Gear, I also managed to get 1000VP this week and bought 1 ring. I am now at ilvl 464. My Battlegroup is also Part Oceanic/US meaning I get around 30-35mins as a normal Queue. I spent 3-4 hours doing these MSV queues/runs.

  17. #57
    I don't have too much problem with the badge vendor style rewards, like mentioned, this was the go-to design starting with late BC and most of Wrath.

    I just don't think players need to be skipping tiers completely (even if it's just doing LFR, sadly). The game only has so much to do, and as soon as you're just jumping over raids, you're selling yourself short as far as what content you are consuming.
    Last edited by fangless; 2013-03-12 at 03:30 PM.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    The one Key I got only netted me 4 coins, from those 4 coins and a Full run of MSV, I got 2 pieces of Gear, I also managed to get 1000VP this week and bought 1 ring. I am now at ilvl 464. My Battlegroup is also Part Oceanic/US meaning I get around 30-35mins as a normal Queue. I spent 3-4 hours doing these MSV queues/runs.
    Okay great you are an exception, next time have a layout for chest run or watch a youtube video because you did something wrong. Second of all just because you got 2 pieces out of a full msv run (Still not bad + more coins would've helped) doesn't mean since the buff your in the average. Third if you're desperate for gear they implemented the new sunreaver/ kirin tor vendor for helping gear alts. Do you're dailys and plant for them and run a single heroic for them and you should be able to buy atleast a piece of 476 gear with gold. Also you could've saved your valor for a 522 necklace (1200 valor) from shadowpan assualt and just waited one week to skyrocket ilvl.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  19. #59
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,891
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Some older raids have a near cult following despite actually not being that good, except having something new in them, like activated HM modes in Ulduar or very memorable bosses
    Oh god...don't stir up the hornet's nest by interrupting that echo chamber.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    BC had catch up dungeons? I mean, they added Magister's Terrace, but that was basically it. There weren't any new dungeons besides the original Heroics. They added a slightly better tier of badge rewards during the Sunwell isle, but you couldn't gear up a character only with those items.

    It also wasn't impossible to catch up, join a guild doing Karazhan, get your items. Go up into T5 content, or join a guild doing them. Progress. Suddenly you're in BT/Hyjal killing Illidan. Amazingly, if you put in the time, you will get rewarded. It's a novel idea.
    There's a difference between putting reasonable time in, and being dragged through pointless bullshit as a way to extend content for no other reason than to get people to play more often.

    BC also had Badge gear for Inbetween ZA > T6 and on Isle of QD, which only cost Badges of Justice that you could basically cap out every day, unlike having 1000VP max a week, Other Epics from Rep vendors were also just bought with Gold after getting the required Rep. Gear Disparity was also a LOT lower, a Weapon you got in Kara was maybe only 50-75 damage different than one obtained in Gruuls/Mags/Eye/SSC, whereas 1 tier of content now there is a couple of thousand damage difference.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •