Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i am dps tank (haste ) and right now i have 2 trinket
    Ji-Kun's Rising Winds
    Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault

is the first one good for me is it will save me from some 1 shot atks like ji-kun 2stack debuff or i go for Shado-Pan Assault one for more dps

Rising Winds is VASTLY underwhelming. It will NOT save you on a 1-shot type attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Rising Wind does not RISE to the occation. Hah, huh... huh...

Lame pun

Rising Winds will not save you from a one-shot attack because it requires you to be alive after the one-shot ability to heal you.

There are so many options this tier, and they are all rather underwhelming :/

It did 0.7% of my healing (1 proc) on our HC Jin'Rokh kill, it's a pretty poor choice. Hopefully I can replace it soon, may switch back to normal Lei Shens but it's so far behind in iLvL I'd need to evaluate the reforging as I may end up losing haste/mastery doing that...

Marginally better on Horridon with 1.4%. The problem here is that to dip that low you've essentially missed SoTR for a triple puncture or stood in the poison which are all avoidable.

I think Spark and Fortitude will be my ideal this tier, with Soul Barrier for stam stacking if any of the fights need it.
    Last edited by periad; 2013-03-21 at 11:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by periad View Post
    It did 0.7% of my healing (1 proc) on our HC Jin'Rokh kill, it's a pretty poor choice. Hopefully I can replace it soon, may switch back to normal Lei Shens but it's so far behind in iLvL I'd need to evaluate the reforging as I may end up losing haste/mastery doing that..
    If you are worried about losing secondary stats you should probably be using ghost iron dragonling in the first place since it provides far more secondary stats than both those trinkets. Maybe that is your second trinket, I dunno.

I still have my GID but from memory it was also giving me less stats, I'll need to evaluate reforges with and without it again now I've upgraded a lot of my gear, it may well be back ahead now.

Deleted
    GID is 1800 secondary rating. That is 333 more than the ToT normal 522 trinkets and 721 more rating than Lei-Shen normal 0/2

With reforges, if you are reaching hit cap even without reforging and gems, it is possible that GID gives you less of your "wanted" secondary stat than a 522 trinket. Though if you can fit in a 600 hit, exp, mastery/haste gem, then you will (almost?) always get more haste/mastery out a GID than any 522 trinket. If not well you are still trading 600 of your secondary stat of mastery/haste for 277 of the one you are stacking. Not an extremely bad trade off. Unless you value haste/mastery 2x the other stat, it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by periad View Post
    I think Spark and Fortitude will be my ideal this tier, with Soul Barrier for stam stacking if any of the fights need it.
    This is my wishlist.

Currently using LSFO still, as no luck with Spark (maybe I can get a HC one tonight!), and will be swapping out JiKun for...pretty much anything ASAP. Ideally the Fortitude, as the HP boost is pretty smexy.

I wish there was another stam alternative to the Lei Shen trinket, since the on-use is about as amazing as JiKun's.

TRINKETS Y U NO BE GUD?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Both Lei-Shen and Ji-Kun is awesome for some old content soloing though!

Deleted
    Hmmm best tank trinkets? 10 man pov. My 2 c from a "solo tank" bosses pov. Our raid much prefers to use 1 tank where possible as the damage output and self/raid heals from pally tanks are just silly. Having an extra dps also makes things dies faster.

Slot 1: Valour expertise trinket with strength proc.
    Slot 2: one of the msv trash drops:
    a) strength with on use haste (1 min cd)
    b) stam with on use mastery (1 min cd)

Trinket a) "normal" tank fights - no exciting tank death mechanics, so trying to cheese fights by dropping surplus healers. Haste for deeps, more frequent ss tics and self/raid heals.

Trinket b) "ouch" tank fights - exciting tank deaths inc (e.g. tortos / horridon).
    Solo tanking stuff makes the value of avoidance stats also much more attractive as you're often got many bosses/adds hitting on you, hence the slot 1 trinket shines quite well from a tdr pov.
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2013-03-22 at 12:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Solo tanking stuff makes the value of avoidance stats also much more attractive as you're often got many bosses/adds hitting on you, hence the slot 1 trinket shines quite well from a tdr pov.
    In this tier, there are not so much add fights except tortos. Other solo tanking fights is rather taking more of a buff than you are supposed to and just generally taking more damage. So avoidance is not really more attractive for solo tanking, except for on tortos, on which mastery is still king.

I do not think the answer to which trinket is the "best" is that simple as 2 trinkets being the correct answer.

My shopping list includes

Fortitude of the Zandalari - Mastery trinket
    Spark of Zandalari - Haste trinket
    Gaze of the Twins and/or Primordius Talisman of Rage - Dps trinkets for when no other trinket needed
    Soul Barrier - Not sure if I like this more or less than Lao-Chins. Maybe just gonna keep Lao-Chin. - Stamina trinket.

The GID will be valued long for me until I find decent upgrades. The LFR versions of these trinkets are in my opinion not worth exchanging for the GID.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    In this tier, there are not so much add fights except tortos. Other solo tanking fights is rather taking more of a buff than you are supposed to and just generally taking more damage. So avoidance is not really more attractive for solo tanking, except for on tortos, on which mastery is still king.

I do not think the answer to which trinket is the "best" is that simple as 2 trinkets being the correct answer.

My shopping list includes

Fortitude of the Zandalari - Mastery trinket
    Spark of Zandalari - Haste trinket
    Gaze of the Twins and/or Primordius Talisman of Rage - Dps trinkets for when no other trinket needed
    Soul Barrier - Not sure if I like this more or less than Lao-Chins. Maybe just gonna keep Lao-Chin. - Stamina trinket.

The GID will be valued long for me until I find decent upgrades. The LFR versions of these trinkets are in my opinion not worth exchanging for the GID.
    Probably true about the second half of the raid, but from my limited experience at least half of the bosses are aoe nukey: horridon/council/tortos. No idea what the last half are like tbh.

Deleted
    Probably true about the second half of the raid, but from my limited experience at least half of the bosses are aoe nukey: horridon/council/tortos. No idea what the last half are like tbh.
    First half is still so much magical damage, so parry is no real use. Like adds on Horridon hits for shit. Same goes for council, only 1 guy actually meleeing you.

And rest of the raid is basically

Big bad boss melee you
    Big bad boss does a big hit/stacking debuff sometimes
    Use big bad sotr for big hit
    Big bad boss dies
    Big bad boss gives no loot for you
    Big bad coin gives you gold

Deleted
    First half is still so much magical damage, so parry is no real use. Like adds on Horridon hits for shit. Same goes for council, only 1 guy actually meleeing you.

And rest of the raid is basically

Big bad boss melee you
    Big bad boss does a big hit/stacking debuff sometimes
    Use big bad sotr for big hit
    Big bad boss dies
    Big bad boss gives no loot for you
    Big bad coin gives you gold
    Thinking more from a dps pov rather than tank damage concerns though (10 man tank damage seems pretty meh again), the additional SD procs from the parry is noice. We have divine protection / hand of purity / ss for magic damage anyhoo.

Deleted
    Thinking more from a dps pov rather than tank damage concerns though (10 man tank damage seems pretty meh again), the additional SD procs from the parry is noice. We have divine protection / hand of purity / ss for magic damage anyhoo.
    SD procs? Do you mean GC? Or am I just to tired to understand a simple abbreviation?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It speaks to the (continued) poor tank itemization that a cheap, level-87, blue crafted trinket that trails current normal-mode drops by 72 item levels is still relevant, let alone a contender for use by heroic progression tanks.

Also, the heal on Ji-Kun's looks significantly under tuned, but I don't know the item budget coefficient for below-35% emergency heal procs. Anyone help me out here?

Deleted
    Ji-Kuns trinket is extremely undertuned. The heal happens after the attack, so its not like an ardent defender. If an attack brings you from above 35% to dead, then you die, the trinket does not work like an extra health buffer. It only procs when an attacks brings you between 0-35%, in which case, healers should have time to heal you up i most cases, or you have time to cast LoH or whatever. So it is very underwhelming. Good for soloing some old bosses though.

Ji-Kuns trinket is extremely undertuned. The heal happens after the attack, so its not like an ardent defender. If an attack brings you from above 35% to dead, then you die, the trinket does not work like an extra health buffer. It only procs when an attacks brings you between 0-35%, in which case, healers should have time to heal you up i most cases, or you have time to cast LoH or whatever. So it is very underwhelming. Good for soloing some old bosses though.
    In fact, it is exactly like AD was before the changed it from an absorb/heal generated on dropping below 35% life to the Cheat Death functionality in 3.2 or 3.3 (the Argent Tournament patch).

i.e. shite.

the biggest problem i see with ji-kuns trinket is that it says melee attacks depending upon what is classed as a melee attack (i.e is triple puncture a melee is snapping bite a melee is X bosses massive physical attack a melee we can assume that breaths etc arent melee) then for the sort of things that will bring you down below 35% health it isnt to likely to proc and if a breath for example drops you too 34% then you get melee hit and die you get no effect from it at all
    i think the only trinkets ill be adding this teir to my gear set up are soul barrier and spark of the zandalari
    and for tortos bat tanking i might get the shadopan trinket if i ever have spare valor for it since the dodge on that might let me get some nice extra GC procs