Poll: 5.1 or 5.2 dailies are better for you?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

5.1 or 5.2 dailies are better for you?

Which daily quests and zone do you prefer - the ones that were added in patch 5.1 or 5.2? I personally loved daily quests in 5.1 and storyline quest that were given there every few days but 5.2 solo scenarios and unlocking stages beat that. So for me 5.2 dailies are better than 5.1. What about you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the 5.1 daily quest mainly because of the Horde vs Alliance conflict, not got that far in the 5.2 daily quests yet but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I very much enjoy the 5.2 ones. Lots of kill quests - I absolutely despise collection quests. The unlocking stages adds some sort of "what's coming next?" anticipation which is nice.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm liking the Isle of Thunder dailies, and the zone is new and refreshing. I'm loving the elements they've brought together to create it. The swamp and trees are absolutely amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The story in 5.1 was great and much better than the actually dailies. The island hub in 5.2 has much more to do but I'm not far enough into unlocking it yet to comment on the story. The first scenario that opens up you're base wasn't bad but it was a little too similar to the 5.1 cutscene doing the same thing. As much as people want to complain about dailies and scenarios not beig content the storytelling they provide is much better than anything we've had in previous expacs where you had to read the books to keep up on things.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot to add "neither" to the poll. Honestly, I never enjoyed doing dailies and I'm pretty sure some agree that all dailies are completely mundane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elucidate View Post
    You forgot to add "neither" to the poll. Honestly, I never enjoyed doing dailies and I'm pretty sure some agree that all dailies are completely mundane.
    Considering the topic of the thread is asking "Which of these two things do you like more?" I'd assume that people that dislike dailies need not to share their opinion as the question does not apply to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked both, the 5.1 storyline is simply amazing period. 5.2 Has some awesome atmosphere, I love that people are actually doing stuff in the island its awesome that basicly a grand part of my server is hanging out doing all sorts of stuff in the Isle. So id say in terms of quality I like both tbh, 5.2 leaning more towards the actual mmo experience and atmosphere.

I prefer the 5.2 dailies. I feel like I'm getting a lot more reward for my effort-- in the way of Valor and Lesser Charms-- and I enjoy the atmosphere and quests themselves more. It feels like there is a lot more to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elucidate View Post
    He didn't forget, the thread was made to discuss both the 5.1 and 5.2 daily quests not to start the whole "dailies suck" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Considering the topic of the thread is asking "Which of these two things do you like more?" I'd assume that people that dislike dailies need not to share their opinion as the question does not apply to them.
    Bahahaha I wish I could somehow vote this comment up or "like it" or something

OT: 5.2 is more fun since like people have said of the evolving story and unlocking, and I mean 5.2 added lightning beavers, what more could you want

I like 5.2 because I am amassing a plethora of lesser charms while I'm at it (as opposed to shieldwall, where doing just those 7 days/week will net you short of 90)

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate that ugly Island with a passion of a 1000 stars.
    It'll be annoying to get to exalted even with my main character.

So 5.1 >> ... [10^999 * > ] .... >> 5.2

5.2 is better.....you get a goddamn dinosaur at exalted

5.2 simply because they arent gating your valor point purchases.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the 5.1 dailies. You can fly for one thing and thus can move to certain spots you need to do without having to aggro lots of mobs. And if I need to go afk for a bit..can simply fly up high enough and not be concerned about getting attacked. The new zone, feels too confined and the respawn rate is crazy high. I can get my VPs by doing the 5.1 dailies, random heroics, scenarios, faster with less hassles. The new zone does not offer good enough rewards to put up with it.

I enjoyed 5.1, but I'm liking 5.2 more. There are just so many little things to do - the achievements, exploring the island, finding chests, fighting rares (outside of a group - one of the best features of the patch for me), summoning minibosses, the treasure scenario. Even just running and jumping around as a Saurok without even having a destination or purpose is a blast.

Maybe I'm the odd one out. . . but 5.2 feels like doing Golden Lotus all over again; only without any real reward or reason to actually grind.

The faction rewards are meaningless to me, my questing has absolutely no effect on unlocking the story progression (seriously - only the first quest of the day counts toward participation, so the other *eleven* are just wasted time), and I've had more than enough "stormy and grey" weather this last winter that it's really the LAST setting I want in my "fantasy getaway" time (I really find the setting to be drab and rather dull all around - grey, greenish grey, bluish grey and more grey).

I'll stick with 5.1 dailies. Five quests a day, rewards that were actually useful when I unlocked them, with a storyline that was directly tied to how much effort overall I put into unlocking it.

man this is hard... i like aspects of both and wouldnt want one or the other all the time. i will say this for some reason to me 5.1 felt more like a battle and 5.2 feels more like a war. dont know exactly what that means
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552