Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    Don't let him cast it.
    Certain classes can't stop it as easily. A hunter will -always- get at least one power shot off if there's no LoS. Powershot should follow the oldschool deadzone rule IMO so there's at least some way to stop it without any LoS, or having to use CC in order to delay the powershot.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Certain classes can't stop it as easily. A hunter will -always- get at least one power shot off if there's no LoS. Powershot should follow the oldschool deadzone rule IMO so there's at least some way to stop it without any LoS, or having to use CC in order to delay the powershot.
    I'm in full S13 Malev on my hunter and it seems to crit most people for ~120k as a 3 second cast, like 16% of the time without the 5% buff. I really don't understand any of the rage behind it. The hunter has to stop, pretty much show your entire team he is trying to burst, and get it off. Not saying that it is okay because it is situational and all that, but it definitely isn't hitting like 180k like some people are saying. Unless, that is, Rapid Fire (set bonus) is popped, and I'm hitting someone with 318k max hp... but pvp isn't balanced around that.

Even if one particular class can't stop a hunter's powershot, that's what your teammates are for. If they're not in a position to help you, your team is being outplayed. Still need to see proof of these half health shots though. On the ptr in full Tyrannical gear against other tyrannical geared players it would only crit for like 125k. Combine that with an instant aimed shot and a chimera shot it can mean so good burst but that takes some setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    He is lying. He must not even have that much pvp gear cause that's how much it is hitting for unmitigated.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11SQi...ature=youtu.be

Check out this video - You can also check out my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gemonia/simple

I have 63.85% resilience.
    Chaosbolts hit for 100K when you fight full resilience targets, Powershot hits for 165K as you can see in the video
    Last edited by Hegemonia; 2013-03-13 at 05:08 PM.

I particularly do not see the point of arguing about Powershot. Seems to me you faced Hunters that rely on blowing every Cd they have to down you faster before you can breathe and react. As many say Powershot and Chaos Bolt are two different abilities and each one can be countered. But in my experience in playing with a Hunter I've learned to not depend on my hard hitting skills but when to use them efficiently. One advice I can give you is to read about the mechanics of other classes and how to counter them. As an example; let's imagine we are fighting and who ever lands the next hit will win. You used your spell to avoid being silenced and now you are casting Chaos Bolt since I won't risk myself to being hit I can Scatter Shot, put you to sleep with my crane's lullaby, intimidate or deterrence and reflect your own attack and finish you off with one of my attacks.

The point is how you counter your opponent abilities and quickly counter them but be aware that even your counter attacks can be countered as well. Experience is your greatest teacher. Is my humble opinion. Hope it helps.
    Howl to the stars wishing I could be one....

Deleted
    lol i do around the same amount as cb unless i use my macro to use bw,rabid,trink then i hit around 70-80k...try fighting a frost mage with your lock then tell us hunters are to op cause when frost mages are critting 90k followed by 60k hunters are nothing..not to mention the CD on power shot when the target keeps ccing etc as others have said its abit harder to cast since you cant run while using it..also try a shadow priest with 92k devouring plague (im at 62.88% res atm)

Quote Originally Posted by Hegemonia View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11SQi...ature=youtu.be

Check out this video - You can also check out my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gemonia/simple

I have 63.85% resilience.
    Chaosbolts hit for 100K when you fight full resilience targets, Powershot hits for 165K as you can see in the video
    I've never seen powershot hit for that much on full pvp geared targets. You must be doing something wrong.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I've never seen powershot hit for that much on full pvp geared targets. You must be doing something wrong.
    Probably you are doing something wrong if you don't see these numbers. I have better gear than most of the PvPers out there with 8/14 full uprgades on Malevolent and I have tons of HP and resilience (almost 64%). It would have crit for 180-200K if the target had less upgrades and gear than me. This is too much.

All I am saying that in lieu of all the whining against abilities that crit for 150-170K like pre-nerf Chaosbolt and Warrior ToB stacking, Powershot is definitely under the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandrel View Post
    A base 3 second cast time is just short of eternity in pvp
    Only way I can use it is if they have already burnt trinket and I get a full scatter/trap on them
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Probably you are doing something wrong if you don't see these numbers. I have better gear than most of the PvPers out there with 8/14 full uprgades on Malevolent and I have tons of HP and resilience (almost 64%). It would have crit for 180-200K if the target had less upgrades and gear than me. This is too much.

All I am saying that in lieu of all the whining against abilities that crit for 150-170K like pre-nerf Chaosbolt and Warrior ToB stacking, Powershot is definitely under the radar.
    You are doing something wrong, it isn't me. Because you know smart people actually use defensive CDs.

I play a BM hunter, in mostly 491s, and my boyfriend ( a destro lock) has the same gear and we duel a lot. Powershot barely makes a dent in his health, and then is healed back with a glyphed ember tap. See the thing with powershot is, it's not 100% crit chance like chaos bolt. Most of the time it hits for around 60k, which means I just wasted 2-3 sec casting a shot when I could have hit blink strike and KC and done more damage. With the passive 10% damage reduction locks got in the patch, along with amazing self heals, there's no way you should be dying in 4 sec if you're actually trying to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabian View Post
    I play a BM hunter, in mostly 491s, and my boyfriend ( a destro lock) has the same gear and we duel a lot. Powershot barely makes a dent in his health, and then is healed back with a glyphed ember tap. See the thing with powershot is, it's not 100% crit chance like chaos bolt. Most of the time it hits for around 60k, which means I just wasted 2-3 sec casting a shot when I could have hit blink strike and KC and done more damage. With the passive 10% damage reduction locks got in the patch, along with amazing self heals, there's no way you should be dying in 4 sec if you're actually trying to stay alive.
    Missing the point entirely. Same logic applied to warriors when they would stack TfB at the beginning of the expansion and one shot people. There was crying on the forums that if you were any good you would simply CC the warrior until his stacks dropped. The real problem was that no one skill in the game should be able to do so much damage and that is the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Missing the point entirely. Same logic applied to warriors when they would stack TfB at the beginning of the expansion and one shot people. There was crying on the forums that if you were any good you would simply CC the warrior until his stacks dropped. The real problem was that no one skill in the game should be able to do so much damage and that is the problem here.
    Even when it crits him, it's only around 130k. He has 529k hp. How is that "too much damage"?

Deleted
    Since when is this post about comparison? Hunters have pets that hit for loads of dmg and can mitigate getting hit during this cooldown, and now they have a reliable extra big burst cd that can imo easily be shot. Also last I checked Hunters were in a extremely good to retardedly good spot, they really dont need this, sure you have teammates and bladibla. By that logic give every class an armegeddon button that hits for 5 million dmg on a 2 sec cast, get killed.... l2p

Please QQ more about CB and icelance in the Wlock and mage forums, this post is about powershot and hunter burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandrel View Post
    Powershot is extremely easy to prevent, either by knockbacks, CC, or los. A base 3 second cast time is just short of eternity in pvp. The biggest difference between powershot and chaos bolt is powershot is only usable once every minute, and that's assuming they manage to get the cast off right away when it comes off cooldown.
    No no and no.

TfB was apparently really easy to prevent.

TfB was apparently really hard to come by.

TfB was still broken as shit.

No ability in the game should be able to knock off more than 50% of a target's hp under any circumstances outside of BG gimmicks.

Other classes also having broken abilities doesn't make yours ok. And even those other classes' abilities don't compare to powershot. I knew playing on the PTR that locks, mages, uh dks, rogues and hunters would be king. Just wait until the new season starts and we'll see it all fall into place.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-03-13 at 10:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Warlocks can shield for ~300k every minute. 2 powershots will barely put a dent in that. It's the spec itself not powershot that is broken. Blizzard decides to give BM a fuck ton of CDs. It isn't powershot, it's the spec. Complain about that.

Hey guys,

I was really amazed today as recently I was getting owned by BM hunters in a few seconds and requested a few duels with a fellow BM hunter.

Both the hunter and I are fully geared - all upgraded pre-5.2 and missing only the elite weapon.

Powershot crits me (a lock) for 150-170K and with Rapid Fire it is just a 2sec cast. How is that even fair and people were complaining about Chaosbolt, now it turns out Powershot currently crits for 50% more!!!

Hunter opens with silence then he quickly does Rapid Fire, Stampede, Bestial Wrath and a 2-second Powershot. Without even being able to cast I am down to 30-50% health.

We tested if I don't use any defensive CDs a BM hunter downs me in 4 second. Really!!! 4 seconds. This is plain ridiculous.

How can Powershot stay under the radar for so long - what happened to people shouldn't lose 50% of their health to a single ability (chaosbolt nerf crying)?

They have the zoo with a 1000 animals there and can talent into a Chaosbolt that hits for 50% more damage? And all defensive and healing capabilities. BM hunters are the new warriors guys - beware.

Again you taking something out of the equation and not considering all factors. Like couple of people that have looked at the broader picture have mentioned, it isn't Power Shot the ability, its BM and the ability to line up all their CDs. I've dueled BM hunters and there is no way you can defeat them 1 v 1. Even as a Paladin when I pop bubble, they simply stand there and laugh and use Readiness the sec bubble comes off.

Hunters as a class are pretty OP 1 v 1. The bad thing about PVP right now is all about lining up CDs which doesn't involve any skill. I just think all CD reset abilities should be removed from the game. Its annoying as it is.

Another thing you forget is that power shot has a 1 min CD compared to a Warlock's chaos bolt. To top it off, you ain't even guaranteed a crit and it doesn't pierce through all absorbs.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    Again you taking something out of the equation and not considering all factors. Like couple of people that have looked at the broader picture have mentioned, it isn't Power Shot the ability, its BM and the ability to line up all their CDs. I've dueled BM hunters and there is no way you can defeat them 1 v 1. Even as a Paladin when I pop bubble, they simply stand there and laugh and use Readiness the sec bubble comes off.

Hunters as a class are pretty OP 1 v 1. The bad thing about PVP right now is all about lining up CDs which doesn't involve any skill. I just think all CD reset abilities should be removed from the game. Its annoying as it is.

Another thing you forget is that power shot has a 1 min CD compared to a Warlock's chaos bolt. To top it off, you ain't even guaranteed a crit and it doesn't pierce through all absorbs.
    Cool. In the video he doesn't pop a single defensive CD. Or a single aoe fear. I agree with the poster I quoted. It isn't power shot at all. It's CD stacking... which is a problem with every spec. Powershot, as he said, isn't a guaranteed crit (hits for 60k non-crit... whats another 1 min cd... bladestorm, that CAN'T be stopped, and hits for more.) Combine that with the obvious hunter planting himself and aiming his gun at you for 3 seconds.

I would be more worried about how strong Big and Red is. Besides, hunters give up glaive toss to take it, which isn't a skill to scoff at anyway. It's not like it was a flat buff.

got hit with a 160k crit with shit popped and then he stampeded, fun times. i raged for a split second but then i realized what game i was playing.... nothing really surprises me too much any more.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Cool. In the video he doesn't pop a single defensive CD. Or a single aoe fear.
    Well guys I didn't use anything on purpose to showcase the damage because people here don't believe it. The thing, as I have said before, is not if it is preventable or not, situational or not or whatever. It is just not fair for an RNG crit to take that much of your HP - that's why they nerfed all strong one-hitting abilities like TfB stacking and Chaosbolt.

In other words Blizzard said that they prefer to have 2 abilities hit for 100K each one after the other, than having one hit for 200K. THey also wanted to take the RNG out of PvP (and for good) and that's why they nerfed warriors' Taste for Blood.

With all this Powershot hitting for that high just doesn't make sense.

I mean, even outside of Powershot the BM hunter has so much pressure it is crazy. Maybe lower the CD and the damage on Powershot? Any suggestions?