Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hint: the game isn't balanced around 1v1. Also, was losing a duel worth clogging up these forums with yet another 'qq nerf <insert class>' topic? No, it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Hint: the game isn't balanced around 1v1. Also, was losing a duel worth clogging up these forums with yet another 'qq nerf <insert class>' topic? No, it wasn't.
    No idea what you are talking about (1v1?). We are discussing BM hunter damage with Powershot. If you are not interested don't read it.

P.S. At least read a few posts before posting, I tend to repeat this almost every post but people obviously spend about 4 sec on a topic before posting something ridiculous

I can't believe how many dumb hunters I've seen say "don't let them cast Power Shot then" Righto chiefs I don't know what you're all thinking but you can't LoS and interrupt everything that ever happens ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koontakent View Post
    I can't believe how many dumb hunters I've seen say "don't let them cast Power Shot then" Righto chiefs I don't know what you're all thinking but you can't LoS and interrupt everything that ever happens ever
    The thing is that powershot is NOT ENOUGH to kill you alone, it crits for 30% of your health, i can crit with fireball+pyroblast for 40% of your health, and follow up it with combustion which will bring you to 0 health with scorch spamming for full duration.

Hunter uses his powershot to finish off a target or when he is sure that target will be in execute range, if you will survive powershot (healer involved, CC, self-defense CDs, etc) hunter won't be able to kill you for 1 minute, because he don't have glaves to do so, which leads to minus ~20% of constant damage.

I can understand people complaining to shatter combo (100% crit chance, huge damage, being CCed while taking damage, you can't do anything but soak this damage). But powershot, damn, if you see hunter using BW, why don't you use defensive CDs? He is going to burst you, and you don't try to break LoS or CC him or defend yourself, this is dumb. Or you thing that you should survive a hunter who popped ALL his CDs without doing anything? Any class can kill anyone if he is standing IDLE, some can do it over 10 seconds, some can do it over 4 seconds, it's a question of RNG (how many crits you've got, procs, etc). But if some class CAN'T burst you down with all his CD used, this is bad design because this class is UP compared to class, who don't need to do anything to survive a 15 second burst phase
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-03-15 at 03:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

It's those limiting factors that make it balanced. If it was instant like an arcane shot I'd want it to be nerfed asap.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

how do you prevent him from opening with it from stealth?

Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    how do you prevent him from opening with it from stealth?
    Casting powershot breaks camo.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Heh, as ele shaman, I don't have a problem with Power Shot. Crits are quite low with 45% armor

Nice to see warlocks getting the pain train from all the chaos bolts they throw around.