Thread: DK Unholy Pets

DK Unholy Pets

So with the advent of Control Undead, the variety of pets we get to play with as Death Knights had a huge increase.

But... since I'm greedy, I have to ask: could it be more?

What if Unholy got to replace their ghoul with a permanent pet. The same way a hunter tames a pet, a death knight would get to "tame" an undead to be his permanent pet.

It could work something like - the death knight has to kill the potential pet, then the taming begins where he has to fight an astral representation of that pet (sort of like it's soul) and when it's finally over, he has completely dominated the pet and controls it just as he would his ghoul.

The same mechanics could still apply with stabling, but instead, a DK would stable his pets at graveyards and would interact with a spirit keeper.

Thoughts?

How dare you suggest we replace Timmy. Where is my ban hammer......

on a serious note, I think it would be cool but the only change I would want is purely cosmetic. Our ghoul, at least the unholy one has a ranged charge/interupt/root, a stun, and cleave. I don't want any of those removed!

Pretty interesting actually, maybe find a caster pet.... that would be interesting O.o

Oh that would be fun wouldn't it? Getting a Lich casting Frostbolt?

Or an Abomination with an extra Death Grip?

Or a blood beast that absorbs HP?

Just remove the Dark Transformation model and just enlarge the pet under the buff.

Too bad this would still not fix Unholy.

I like the idea to be honest

Deleted
    The idea has literally been around for years:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2723274038

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    The idea has literally been around for years:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2723274038
    Suggestions like these will continue just like the hunter's Stampede. One day there will be a way to dominate another undead being permanently. Untill that day comes, we can only suggest and hope. :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Suggestions like these will continue just like the hunter's Stampede. One day there will be a way to dominate another undead being permanently. Untill that day comes, we can only suggest and hope. :>
    There was actually a blue response to it somewhere... They said they were aware of the idea, thought it was cool and would pass it onto the devs. Whether or not they thought it complimented the direction they saw the class going was another matter.

It's literally the only thing that would make me go back to unholy at this point :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    How dare you suggest we replace Timmy. Where is my ban hammer......

on a serious note, I think it would be cool but the only change I would want is purely cosmetic. Our ghoul, at least the unholy one has a ranged charge/interupt/root, a stun, and cleave. I don't want any of those removed!
    Glyph of Geist says 'Hi'.

I think it could be pretty dynamic while incorporating a variation on the basic ghoul abilities:
    Claw
    Gnaw
    Huddle
    Leap

Skeletal Warrior - Gnaw replaced with Cleave (or Blood Strike)/ Huddle replaced with Taunt/ Leap replaced with Intervene. This guy would increase survivability and allow for multiple chain pulls. Lower health so that he is more of temporary relief than a steady tank. Unless you constantly heal him with DC, in which case, it might introduce a new niche for DK tanks. If so, tanking ability comes at DPS loss to the DK.

Skeletal Mage - Claw replaced with Frost Bolt/ Gnaw replaced with Frost Nova that has a 10% chance to freeze, otherwise reduces movement speed (AoE)/ Leap replaced with Blink. The skeletal mage would be more of a suicide caster. When adds are spawned, he can blink into the pack and hit Frost Nova to slow them down, giving your team time to recover. Frost bolt would apply Frost Fever

Abomination - Leap replaced with Death Grip/ Claw replaced with Plague Strike/Huddle replaced with Explode. Your standard meat shield. Doesn't do anything besides stand next to you and beat on things. Loses survivability for increased damage output and disease spreading. When he's about to die, you blow him up dealing a Knock back, a 2 second stun, and spreading disease to all targets hit by the explosion.

Frost Drake - Gnaw replaced with Devour/ Huddle replaced with Piercing Scream. Gnaw would grant a small amount of health back to the Frost Drake. Piercing scream would act either as a fear or as a root.

Honestly they should just make it so whatever creature you last controlled replaces the creature you had previously.

In before the #1 raiding pet is the plague scientist from ICC plague wing?

On a serious note:
    I can see this working, as someone else mentioned earlier, if this is only cosmetic, keeping the same pet mechanics but changing the abilities.

I guess it'd be too much expect anything on the scale of hunter pets, but I'd like to have so variety amongst the pets themselves.

Maybe everyone gets a different version of an ability that does basically the same thing, except with a bit of flavor.

And then all the warlocks will remmember their enslave demon ability and demand to join dk and hunters party too. Not going to happen, too much bother for blizz.

P.S. Honestly i think that we could use system like one mmo had - grafting pets: kill undead, pick a part and put into pet item slot. Items like spines, claws, legs - whatever to help you customize your pet and create abomination of your dream. Not happening too though, too much to ask for measly 120 euro / year (...).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    And then all the warlocks will remmember their enslave demon ability and demand to join dk and hunters party too. Not going to happen, too much bother for blizz.
    Green Fire, enough said.