Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Maintenance Extended :(

Maintenance has been extended by 2 hours. We appreciate your continued patience.

Zarrgol

10+ Year Old Account
    Another half of my day completely wasted.. I hate waking up early.

Seems to be like this every week here recently

Quote Originally Posted by happyhour View Post
    Seems to be like this every week here recently
    quit for one month and you'll get free time all the time after.

in 2013 i've gotten 35 free days already, been subbed a month
    they take care of the people who left. if you're paying every month, not so much

Honestly, this kind of thing should be expected by now. If people really understood how complex the coding can be when implementing things into the game and how easily one bad line of code can mess up a dozen other things, they'd be more patient with patch days.

Especially on patch days when thy're doing something like implementing raids, dungeons, features, LFR, balancing tweaks and that sort of thing, expect the team to need to work out the kinks for a little bit longer than anticipated.

As I recall, we've actually gone quite a while without extended maintenance, and within the last couple of months have even had a few weeks where they just did quick rolling restarts.

A patch just came out. It makes sense that maintenance might go a little long.

Surely you guys have other hobbies to keep you busy in the meantime.

they have to remove all that Fun CRZ stuff that they added to you know let us have fun with friends cross realm. . . slowly... slowly and slowly we'll chip it away til its gone and it'll become how it was supposed to be, inviting friends cross realm to do things with. not having one hundred extra bodies to steal resources and mobs in old zones ~_~

10+ Year Old Account
    More time to mentally prepare before the race begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Yeah, for myself, I'm just taking the time to prepare the roast I'm making for dinner tonight. It's going to be so yummy! Mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaji View Post
    Honestly, this kind of thing should be expected by now. If people really understood how complex the coding can be when implementing things into the game and how easily one bad line of code can mess up a dozen other things, they'd be more patient with patch days.

Especially on patch days when thy're doing something like implementing raids, dungeons, features, LFR, balancing tweaks and that sort of thing, expect the team to need to work out the kinks for a little bit longer than anticipated.
    While I do agree with this....they should be building this 'extra time required' into their estimates. I can count on one hand the number of times they actually beat their estimates over the past 7 years (yes, it's that rare). While they do occasionally hit their estimate - especially on the week after a large patch - they should have taken the extra time off the start instead of extending, possibly into prime time)

no other industry can get away with the downtime wow does with its servers. to this point, gw2, a b2p game, has better uptime than wow. wow has really slipped from it's genre-leading uptime to what it has been since late wotlk.

97% used to be bad for wow, and now most servers aren't up 97% of the time.

kind of expected on a tuesday, watch a movie or play another game for a little bit

10+ Year Old Account
    Since returning to WoW (1 month ago) Seems there are more bugs each time there is maintenance with each new patch.
    In the mean time, I shall catch up on Spartacus and Archer. Hope to see everyone in game at 4PM EST!
    The world is an unfair, unjust, uncaring place, get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowgolem View Post
    As I recall, we've actually gone quite a while without extended maintenance, and within the last couple of months have even had a few weeks where they just did quick rolling restarts.

it was extended last week lol

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Benchwarmers898 View Post
    Since returning to WoW (1 month ago) Seems there are more bugs each time there is maintenance with each new patch.
    yeah, it's not the same now as it was. 5 years ago they'd give you a free day for nearly every extended or unnecessary maintenance. in the past 12 hours we've had rolling restarts and maintenance and extended maintenance lol

Typical run-of-the-mill response from people who make it their business to try and make everyone to stay positive. I'm not about to go on a rampage here, but it is slightly annoying to have maintenance extended, especially when nothing is being implemented. And no, LFR is not being implemented here, it is being unlocked. That's as simple as throwing a switch. Now, granted, the recent patch could have something to do with the complications they're experiencing today, but Blizzard is increasingly showing that they have poor planning skills. How are these things not tested and planned for behind the scenes first?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowgolem View Post

It's not about having other hobbies. I work a graveyard shift, and Tuesday is the start of my weekend. It's nice to come home from work after a long week, and unwind while playing some Warcraft. I don't feel like doing housework right now, and I'm so tired that errands will have to be put on hold. Tuesdays is my "prime" WoW time, because during the workweek I'm far too busy, and the rest of the weekend is spent dedicated to other chores. I agree they've been doing well recently, but come on. Extending it by two hours on a consistent basis is a little frustrating.

Figured as much. Long as the probs get fixed.

What should be expected is a company be pro-active about their weekly maintenance. After 400+ weekly maintenances you would think the company would consistently start at 3am PST time no matter if it's a 6 or 8 hour maintenance.

In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

Did anyone not expect this with Heart of the Swarm out today? Seems to me maintenance is always longer or extended when battle.net has other things going on.

Any word on what might be implemented? I think ToT LFR is coming out but is it possible that BoA shields could be released? Can't wait to get back into the game. Recently had my old hunter from vanilla restored and I've been having loads of fun leveling him wanting to get back in game early to try and tame Loque!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Any word on what might be implemented? I think ToT LFR is coming out but is it possible that BoA shields could be released? Can't wait to get back into the game. Recently had my old hunter from vanilla restored and I've been having loads of fun leveling him wanting to get back in game early to try and tame Loque!
    it doesn't have anything to do with wow, anytime b.net has an issue, all the games associated with it suffer