Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Field Marshal Leyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Dalaran, Northrend
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    this is pretty fucking retarded. one night before heroic progression starts. nice. well, guess it's destro then
    Demo narrowly loses by 2K DPS, and on AOE I think it might do just fine as well. Destro is looking nice, but I'm sticking with my Felguard this tier.

  2. #62
    I get the Doom nerf to a degree, but the Corruption nerf is painful on the Demonology side of it.

    Prior to the nerf, Corruption was a nice way to cleave mobs that didn't live long enough for Doom (like the Horridon adds). Without testing it, I'd guess that doing that now is barely worth it outside of the fury regen. It just makes corruption a very flat spell that's bordering on usefulness.

  3. #63
    Stood in the Fire Cuzzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    450
    I suck now im gunna be even worse. Thanks blizz now I really cant do anything.

  4. #64
    a 25% corruption nerf with a 10% malefix grasp buff would of fixed all issues. Nerfed multidotting and left single target fine

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcox1232 View Post
    a 25% corruption nerf with a 10% malefix grasp buff would of fixed all issues. Nerfed multidotting and left single target fine
    But that would be too good solution for GoSac. GC doesn't want that.

  6. #66
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    75
    I dont know why people arent raging about this nerfs. They nerfed our single target dps like 5% and people are fine with it. Yes we are good with multi dot fight but it needs a skill to maintain and manage that dots. I know warlock community is a low population community but i dont think we deserved the nerf.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    But that would be too good solution for GoSac. GC doesn't want that.
    so 5% grasp and buff the supremacy pets dps

  8. #68
    bet they gona buff Haunt with another 5%, soon haunt gona be 50% again like on beta sad
    Warlock / IA Operative / Wizard / Engineer

  9. #69
    Usual effort.
    A nerf to one specific area that warrants a nerf, that being PvE multi-dotting, without thinking of the consequences anywhere else.
    Single target DPS wasn't far off really, and both specs have pretty decent amounts of damage from these spells on single target fights. Somewhere around 20-25%.

    I would hope to see these multi-dotting nerfs balanced out for single target by the buffing of single target abilities in some small way. Not necessarily to the exact value of the amount that the dot nerfs lower our single target either. I agree with the figures previously posted of this being round about a 5% single target nerf, so would hope to see something in the region of a 2-3% single target buff on the horizon.

    Demo there's several logical places to stick this such as shadowbolt, soul fire, or touch of chaos.

    Affliction it might be a bit more difficult to achieve without causing massive talent imbalances. Almost anything tied to malefic grasp could make sacrifice far too good again, and runs the risk of being difficult to implement (read potentially buggy, I don't know how MG is coded, but it looks like it's a pretty static thing). Pet damage has implications for all specs, so is more difficult to adjust if the intention is to change affliction single target damage, again this also could make sacrifice far too weak. Any adjustment to dots is going to affect multi-dotting, which would put us back where we started, so is no good. The only place I can think for any sort of affliction adjustment to be done now is through haunt, if it needs to be done.

    This is a bit may come across as a bit "don't nerf me bro", but I do agree with the core problem trying to be solved here. Warlock (and shadow priest) multi-dotting is just too powerful. We can only expect a multi-dotting niche if we also expect to have weak single target DPS. The game simply isn't like that any more. Classes have strengths and weaknesses, but the design intention doesn't seem to be that these are so dramatic that some classes are mandatory for some fights and always benched for others.
    This means our multi-dotting has to be brought down a bit, what I don't agree with is the impact this has on other areas.

    Affliction is generally strong and this may turn out alright even without buffing single target. Demo single target was pretty much right pre-nerf in my opinion, so I'm not sure why there hasn't been some form of compensation for the multi dot nerfs there, especially as there are several logical places to do this without impacting much else.

  10. #70
    I dont know why people arent raging about this nerfs. They nerfed our single target dps like 5% and people are fine with it. Yes we are good with multi dot fight but it needs a skill to maintain and manage that dots. I know warlock community is a low population community but i dont think we deserved the nerf.
    Locks are used to that kind fo shit. Every time our class becomes halfway decent we get kicked in the balls. After seeing the same shit tier after tier (yay Cata 10% nerf) what else are you going to say?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Locks are used to that kind fo shit. Every time our class becomes halfway decent we get kicked in the balls. After seeing the same shit tier after tier (yay Cata 10% nerf) what else are you going to say?
    Yeah, on the other side poor, poor mages who've not been in tops of meters for a first six days in an eight years immediately getting buffed...

  12. #72
    As if it wasn't enough of a pain to get Doom tick ONCE in PvP. Let's nerf it by 25% to limit multi-DoT damage which we could probably resolve in a much more intuitive way, yay! Seriously, why not implement the same mechanics that are used for AoE when hitting a certain number of enemies? It sucks badly to lose 25% corruption and Doom damage. Just what we needed, a way to promote even more burst, not to mention the 40% buffs to bomb.
    Can anyone remind me what was the purpose of nerfing Frost Bomb in the first place during 5.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    You may be on to something here... GC claimed Ret Paladins killed his parents. Could it be that Warlocks drained Celas' dog soul?

  13. #73
    Hmmm well, might be the occasion to try out Destro seriously since I wasn't enjoying Demo as much as I'd thought. My guild had issues raiding this week so we hadn't enough time to go beyond 7 bosses and next week we do them again. Another normal clean will help me test it.
    5.1 16/16 HC 5.2 12/12

  14. #74
    Give Bane of Doom back to affli and nerf other dots to compensate.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Usual effort.
    A nerf to one specific area that warrants a nerf, that being PvE multi-dotting, without thinking of the consequences anywhere else.
    Single target DPS wasn't far off really, and both specs have pretty decent amounts of damage from these spells on single target fights. Somewhere around 20-25%.

    I would hope to see these multi-dotting nerfs balanced out for single target by the buffing of single target abilities in some small way. Not necessarily to the exact value of the amount that the dot nerfs lower our single target either. I agree with the figures previously posted of this being round about a 5% single target nerf, so would hope to see something in the region of a 2-3% single target buff on the horizon.

    Demo there's several logical places to stick this such as shadowbolt, soul fire, or touch of chaos.

    Affliction it might be a bit more difficult to achieve without causing massive talent imbalances. Almost anything tied to malefic grasp could make sacrifice far too good again, and runs the risk of being difficult to implement (read potentially buggy, I don't know how MG is coded, but it looks like it's a pretty static thing). Pet damage has implications for all specs, so is more difficult to adjust if the intention is to change affliction single target damage, again this also could make sacrifice far too weak. Any adjustment to dots is going to affect multi-dotting, which would put us back where we started, so is no good. The only place I can think for any sort of affliction adjustment to be done now is through haunt, if it needs to be done.

    This is a bit may come across as a bit "don't nerf me bro", but I do agree with the core problem trying to be solved here. Warlock (and shadow priest) multi-dotting is just too powerful. We can only expect a multi-dotting niche if we also expect to have weak single target DPS. The game simply isn't like that any more. Classes have strengths and weaknesses, but the design intention doesn't seem to be that these are so dramatic that some classes are mandatory for some fights and always benched for others.
    This means our multi-dotting has to be brought down a bit, what I don't agree with is the impact this has on other areas.

    Affliction is generally strong and this may turn out alright even without buffing single target. Demo single target was pretty much right pre-nerf in my opinion, so I'm not sure why there hasn't been some form of compensation for the multi dot nerfs there, especially as there are several logical places to do this without impacting much else.

    But you know that Affliction warlocks do sacrifice dmg in other departments like cleave dmg, burst dmg and killing adds. To fullfill any of these rolls warlocks have to pay a huge price by sacrifice a 2 shards (SB: SS and haunt).

  16. #76
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Locks are used to that kind fo shit. Every time our class becomes halfway decent we get kicked in the balls. After seeing the same shit tier after tier (yay Cata 10% nerf) what else are you going to say?
    This and we werent even half decent. We were behind half of mages, dk, monks, rouges and warriors. So send back more.

  17. #77
    So, destruction mandatory now?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    So, destruction mandatory now?
    Not mandatory, but sims say its better in every situation in t14H gear. (Single target, 2-target cleave, 8-target AoE)

  19. #79
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Not mandatory, but sims say its better in every situation in t14H gear. (Single target, 2-target cleave, 8-target AoE)
    Well, it means if you want a spot in the raid, its mandatory.

  20. #80
    well no reason for me to finish green fire q line (aff/demo) was playing demo since sac nerf and enjoing it now i will stick to affli everywhere (i dont like destro only if it was way moore superior that will force me to learn it again)
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •