Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Afflic PVP has become pointless now because of this nerf, switched to Destro. Too bad, it was fun while it lasted though.

Quote Originally Posted by apo View Post
    So what you're basically saying is that mages should have better single-target/aoe dps than warlocks... seriously dude? Are warlocks supposed to only bring free health cookies and summons to raid only?
    Yeah the kind of comment you were replying to is appalling, it's kinda funny as well GC said all classes in the right place should be in the middle of the pack. Mages were there, then they got buffed.. I think this speaks to how many people play mage and what they have to do to cater to them.

On topic as Teye is right, there needs to be a single target compensation here for demo. They NEED to do something with affliction, as of now it seems like it's that spec they have trouble balancing so rather than fix it they seem to be content with it being a lower dps spec. They COULD have done something with the way sb:seed works, but instead just nerfed the damage of corrupt.

They also need to do something in regards to pvp, right now there isn't a lot of logical choices to be a competitive arena player.

Deleted
    not what i was saying at all but do you know what i dont care anymore, read what you want to read....

On the PTR, we can barely get enough people to fill LFR when it's open. Fact is, the amount of testing is limited by the number of testers, so they can only get so much data from PTR testing. The best guilds go in to do Normal/Heroic testing and figure out bugs and tuning, but the overall amount of balance info pales in comparison to how much data they get as soon as it goes live. My complaint though is that if they're going to say that they'll consider further tuning changes, is it necessary to give a 40% buff? That just seems very high. And it also feels silly to complain about multidotting from certain specs and buff another class's multidot that much.

And look Magnesium, you're just asking for trouble at this point. Going onto the lock forum and arguing that Mages should have better DPS than them would have been akin to me going onto the Mage forum after the post-5.1 Fire nerf hotfix and posting "Haha how's it feel to lose to all the locks!" Yes we bring healthstones and can move, but you're overstating the matter, there's plenty of time in every encounter to stand still and DPS.

We should be aiming to achieve balance. Raids are about working together to down a boss. Too often it becomes about waving our epeens around trying to whack each other in the face. I said all of 5.1 that Aff deserved a nerf going into 5.2 and it got it. Demo did not need to be knocked down as far as it was though. And it is not justified for Mages to objectively be outperforming everyone else. If anything, their AoE should have been buffed but it wasn't necessary for that to translate to such high single target numbers. Hunters and boomkins are even worse off from what I hear too.

Deleted
    I never once said I think mages should have more dps than locks. That would be stupid. What I was saying was mages suffer heavily from movement and in aoe situations especially compared with the other caster dps so if they aren't going to improve that they needed to and did buff mages dmg some other way as they were dropping behind. logs showed that and you could feel it as soon as 5.2 went live. That "40%" buff was to something that amounted to roughly 10-15% of our dps so around a 5% buff in total. But people just read what they want to see so ye I give up. Locks are terrible and mages are OP. Thats all people are reading anyway. Its not true but whatever....

Quote Originally Posted by Magnesium View Post
    the nerfs hurt demo quite bad so im sure they will compensated for that.
    Good joke! Now go back to moaning that mages do not yet reign supreme in every part of the game, it seems GC is willing to change that.

Deleted
    I didn't say that warlocks didn't deserve the nerf but from what I understood of your statement was that mages should be better than warlocks in dps overall... And as it seems right now you are actually quite lost from your mage forums since you are hacking on warlocks and keep telling us that we shouldn't complain about the nerfs which hit demo the most not to say affli single target which was already nerfed with gosac, which was justified because lets be honest we were f***ing OP before not to mention mages... My advice is go back to your mage cave and bathe in the "justified" top meter conversations

10+ Year Old Account
    Last warning to stop bullying people and make things personal when people are simply discussing facts, logs and sims, and not attacking you in anyway.

I know there's hard feelings towards the Mage buffs when we got nerfed, but there's no reason to take it out on 1 guy trying to explain his viewpoint. This is still a discussion forum, so discuss, use facts and logs and sims, don't stoop to telling people to get of "your" forum.

Deleted
    So i downloaded the latest simcraft last night and was quit shocked by the change in difference between affliction and destro in my gear 506ilvl.

Aff goSup - 6637 haste/hit capped/ 7k+ mastery 120k down from 127k
    Destro GoSup - 6337/hit cappes/ 7k + mastery 127k up from 118k (few upgrades since the 1st results)

As destro tried keeping mastery the same and reforged as much haste to crit as i can ended up at 8% haste 19% crit and saw a 500 single target increase as ive seen burslak and zûmzum with high crit/mastery low haste.

So for someone who intends to switch between the 2 ill keep my set up for affliction as for a 500 dps increase the reforge to switch was 350 gold which i cant afford from boss to boss. If it comes to a point when we hit a tight enrage then the switch would be made.

It's funny they say the lock is the least played ...

Then they tend to over nerf it once again ...
    My affliction lock is nerfed bad ..
    i went from top ten to like 17 to 19th ...
    It's nice they can base this off of end game gear again and forget about the other people ...
    what is the percent of ppl that get end game versus average players ...
    just a thought ..
    20% to sacrafice was extreme ... and now the 25% to cor ... WOW ...
    might be time to find another class to play again ...
    It is extremely noticable ...

my lock was my first tune i ever made over 6 years ago ...
    all the changes between patches and expansions has been nothing more then a nightmare ...

Spells used to be manageable ...seeds used to be fun ...but now they are probably the lowest aoe ..of all classes ...

now they make this green fire quest.. been killing hundreds of mobs only to see see some other class get the quest item and put it up for sell in trade ,,,
    how does that work ....
    this is becoming another nightmare ...

this is what blizzard calls fun ...????

Why have a DPS class that can DPS ?

they need tanks and hybrids to be the top dps ...

there are 3 classes that are dps only and all there specs should be just that...
    Why is it not this way ???

raiding used to be fun ..when each class had a use ...
    classes used to be set apart ...
    which made the game unique ....

Hope as they lose more people with all the new games coming out this year ...
    they wake up alittle....

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    We should be aiming to achieve balance. Raids are about working together to down a boss. Too often it becomes about waving our epeens around trying to whack each other in the face.
    Dear MMO-C: Please allow us to +1 vote this post until this man hits god status. That is all.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dethsadvocat View Post
    It's funny they say the lock is the least played ...

Then they tend to over nerf it once again ...
    My affliction lock is nerfed bad ..
    i went from top ten to like 17 to 19th ...
    It's nice they can base this off of end game gear again and forget about the other people ...
    what is the percent of ppl that get end game versus average players ...
    just a thought ..
    20% to sacrafice was extreme ... and now the 25% to cor ... WOW ...
    might be time to find another class to play again ...
    It is extremely noticable ...
    Just L2P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fptK...A4Vspw&index=1

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Oh how very cliche...first of all shall we all be forced to play affliction? fuck no. Secondly, are YOU able to play at that level? fuck no.
    Learn to be relevant.

OT: 50% nerf to doom made no sense. really made zero sense. They buffed it and took away autoattack, now they nerf it WORSE then when we had autoattack with toc. ZERO sense.
    Corruption nerf made the healing glyph now useless-er then it already was.
    Guess there's more truth to this then I like....

"There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Oh how very cliche...first of all shall we all be forced to play affliction? fuck no. Secondly, are YOU able to play at that level? fuck no.
    First: I have chosen this link because my quoted guy is an affliction raider, not Demo and/or pvp.

Secondly: With a better PC, I could be able, yes, but I've stopped playing this game when I saw the " shitty monkey 4 buttons demo revamp " on PTR, L2R my sign, and believe me, " your powernerdrage " can't be compared to mine.

Learn to be relevant.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    First: I have chosen this link because my quoted guy is an affliction raider, not Demo and/or pvp.

Secondly: With a better PC, I could be able, yes, but I've stopped playing this game when I saw the " shitty monkey 4 buttons demo revamp " on PTR, L2R my sign, and believe me, " your powernerdrage " can't be compared to mine.

Learn to be relevant.
    I'll just sidestep your sociological game of "if it weren't for my computer I would", and get to the 'if you think afflic got a nerf', as well as 4 buttons, please explain I am waiting to understand why I am doing it wrong with more then 4 buttons keybound. as for 'powernerdrage' yah, you are right....I am mildly pissed, nothing more.
    Still, I support your powernerdrage, have a cookie
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    tbh prefer destro holds better grounds on the damage front, holds so much more toolkit, the ember tap buff is amazing, especially when rotating defensive cds if needed, works wonders in pvp too, also quite like having to use the imp, its hot is pretty decent in all honesty

I'm enjoying Destro more than I thought I would, I guess it's a nice change of pace from being Affliction for an entire tier minus a few special cases where Demo fit a special niche. Damage is easy to control and put where needed and AoE is much easier to manage. Still can be tough at times to manage a DS burst when Conflag and Backdraft charges get backloaded, but I'm liking it.

The more I think about it, it might be better to change Aff's dots to update dynamically. I'm feeling it causes extra balancing issues by allowing us to roll our procs much longer than they actually last. Just look at what happened when the RPPM trinkets got their proc rates buffed, it gave a huge boost to Aff. If Aff's dots update dynamically, it could potentially lead to tweaks to make dot damage a little better and Aff damage overall more consistent, instead of having to keep dots weaker because of the ability to supercharge them for 20+ seconds. Not saying this is how Blizzard views it, just how I've interpreted the situation.

Would still be nice for a single target Demo buff. Small one, like 5-10% Sbolt/ToC buff. Make us middle of the pack, not OP.

lets add some salt in here
    currently demonic gateway and portals are bugged and despawn on most fights(t14, didnt try gateway in t15 yet not much use of it ) when boss is pulled
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    AoE is much easier to manage. Still can be tough at times to manage a DS burst when Conflag and Backdraft charges get backloaded, but I'm liking it.
    Actually I think Affli AoE is easier to manage than Destro AoE.

For Affli it's SB:SoC -> Tab target SoC till Corr needs refreshing on everything.
    For Destro there's FnB:Immo, FnB:Conflag, FnB:Incin + keeping RoF rolling. Granted you dont use all 3 FnB's as a lot of AoE packs dont last *that* long, but still. Not to mention all the things you can do with havoc Sburn cleaving from dying aoe adds to a main boss and such.

Please tone down the attitude in here, guys. There was already one warning to knock off the personal attacks. There's no excuse for it.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions