Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogling View Post
    Shadow single target DPS seems fine right now. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9365&e=9710

    Heroic kill from last night, only really got beaten by tanks and rogues.
    Why does it say "25N"? Isn't N meaning normal?

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    Why does it say "25N"? Isn't N meaning normal?
    wol isn't distinguishing normal from heroic yet
    Redsparowe#2548 <Crayola Inc>, Lightbringer EU

  3. #43
    I don't see why people are grumbling about this based on patchwerk sims (which represent none of the fights this tier) when actual logs show us doing well.

    We still have the shadowform and SW:I buffs, so we're still up on 5.1.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by solshine2510 View Post
    Up to now I havent found anywhere explained post 5.2 how to deal with orbs generators during SW:I.
    Or what is proper opener when I have 3 orbs DP ready to go as well when I have zero orbs?
    Can you guys share your tactics on singnle target fights?
    You do nothing but insanity during DP. Its important that you have a high uptime on insanity.

  5. #45
    Mechagnome Syenite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Just next to some house...
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post

    We still have the shadowform and SW:I buffs, so we're still up on 5.1.
    Dont forget the massive nerf to FDCL as it only seems to proc off one target now...

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogling View Post
    Shadow single target DPS seems fine right now. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9365&e=9710

    Heroic kill from last night, only really got beaten by tanks and rogues.
    Lol...says the 515 ilevel priest. You can't say "seems fine" when your dps is only relative to your particular ilvl and rotation much less others in your guild who may not be maximizing their dps correctly especially on a heroic fight where a good amount of movement is required and jumping in and out of pools for a dps gain. There are just way too many variables to account for in your example to claim shadow priest dps is "fine" after the nerf.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    Dont forget the massive nerf to FDCL as it only seems to proc off one target now...
    Not actually run FDCL since the patch, with the loss of the glyph it doesn't seem that good any more.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by glenjemin View Post
    Lol...says the 515 ilevel priest. You can't say "seems fine" when your dps is only relative to your particular ilvl and rotation much less others in your guild who may not be maximizing their dps correctly especially on a heroic fight where a good amount of movement is required and jumping in and out of pools for a dps gain. There are just way too many variables to account for in your example to claim shadow priest dps is "fine" after the nerf.
    So prove him wrong by providing multiple parses showing Shadow doing poorly on DPS. At least he provided some actual data. Why don't you provide Heroic logs with all variables to a minimum to show Shadow DPS sucks? It's really tiresome to see a thread like this bulge with whine posts like 'We're now last on dps ffs', without proving it or providing anything factual whatsoever.

    I'll go further on my point also that Sims are just bad news. I can already see sims are an obsession too far in the community. They show no proof or a real environment whatsoever yet people swear by them. It's gearscore v2 but a lot worse.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    So prove him wrong by providing multiple parses showing Shadow doing poorly on DPS. At least he provided some actual data. Why don't you provide Heroic logs with all variables to a minimum to show Shadow DPS sucks? It's really tiresome to see a thread like this bulge with whine posts like 'We're now last on dps ffs', without proving it or providing anything factual whatsoever.

    I'll go further on my point also that Sims are just bad news. I can already see sims are an obsession too far in the community. They show no proof or a real environment whatsoever yet people swear by them. It's gearscore v2 but a lot worse.
    Okay....well I guess I can start with the top guild on my server who did the same fight last night. Shadow priest 10th and 16th place.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o3...?s=4261&e=4597

    Edit: And another top 50 west guild same fight, spriest lands 14th place.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/iayjr...um/damageDone/

    I'm not a huge advocate of simcraft much less obsessed with it, so don't just throw me in that category because I called one person out on generalizing shadow priests as being "just fine" based on a single parse on a fight with so many variables (as most heroic fights are).

    I was just wanting to point out that it seems shadow priests were actually viable for being a regular part of top 10 dps in 25m raids prior to the SW:P nerf. Now we're back where we've always been, an average at best dps class that has very little utility.
    Last edited by Solariis; 2013-03-13 at 07:55 PM.

  10. #50
    Brewmaster Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Not actually run FDCL since the patch, with the loss of the glyph it doesn't seem that good any more.
    People think the Glyph was sooo mandotory.. trust me it never was.. it was a very small dps increase. Why they bother to remove it still questions me. I never used it since it was blocking the use of mindblast anyway. It's still the best option for randoms. in Arena mindbender might be better.
    I am sorry for the insanity users out there, but i realy hate it for pvp... i cant stand still for sucha long time. I hate it.


  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    Always 120-130k dps single target since patch came. It's 10k more than i was capable doing in 5.1.

    On our 10 man raid dps looks like
    1. SP=Warlock=hunter
    2. balance = death knigh = retribution
    3. mage

    Hotfix seems fine for me.
    Just learn to use insanity with divine insight on single target.
    then your mage / balance druid need to learn how to play, because that is not how dps breaks down right now.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by glenjemin View Post
    Okay....well I guess I can start with the top guild on my server who did the same fight last night. Shadow priest 10th and 16th place.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o3...?s=4261&e=4597

    Edit: And another top 50 west guild same fight, spriest lands 14th place.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/iayjr...um/damageDone/

    I'm not a huge advocate of simcraft much less obsessed with it, so don't just throw me in that category because I called one person out on generalizing shadow priests as being "just fine" based on a single parse on a fight with so many variables (as most heroic fights are).

    I was just wanting to point out that it seems shadow priests were actually viable for being a regular part of top 10 dps in 25m raids prior to the SW:P nerf. Now we're back where we've always been, an average at best dps class that has very little utility.

    Sorry i should have made it clear. I wasn't aiming the Simcraft comment at you. It was a general comment.

    So. We have two logs here. The first has a Shadow priest in the middle and near the end. Second is low granted. The thing is, the same as you dismissed the other poster, i could dismiss this. I won't though because anyone could do that all day and we would get nowhere. However i'm talking about priests in a wider arc. I'm not saying Spriests are amazing Single target. I'm saying overall it's not like you will get benched. We've seen how strong Spriests are with multiple targets. Now the fight you linked is like the most Single target fight in the Raid right? So it doesn't really go to show the usefulness of the class.

    On a broad scale i see so much complaining when in fact the big factor in everything is mostly the person's ability. I agree with GC when he say's it would be boring for every class to be the same on every encounter. Priests may be weaker on Single Target but they more than make up for it on multiple targets. This is not to say Blizzard shouldn't try to bring single target in line. They should, but people should just have some patience.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by jonish View Post
    then your mage / balance druid need to learn how to play, because that is not how dps breaks down right now.
    Then why nerfing priests and boosting mages ?. Btw, at 1st boss hc right now, everyone is doing roughly equal dps.

  14. #54
    Is a little bit funny, because shadow priest are complaining about single target dps for at least 5 months and Mages, 1 week.

    Another thing, blizzard said is hard to balance spriest pvp and pve and make a great buff for frost bombs with a "deal less damage against a player character" line. I think to myself why they did not made this 5 months ago with mind flay?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Is this seat taken? No? K thanks.

    *sits down*
    Is the seat beside you taken? No?
    Hi, I'm Balyn. *shake hand*
    My Priest
    (my old paladin)Bályn <Reunion> - Silvermoon EU

  16. #56
    Brewmaster Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,472
    Instead of 10k hitting 8 k now realy, it's okey to live with it tho.
    I just hope we could see something done to the mobility tier as they call them.
    For pvp atleast, not that it would happen but I can dream right?


  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    People think the Glyph was sooo mandotory.. trust me it never was.. it was a very small dps increase. Why they bother to remove it still questions me. I never used it since it was blocking the use of mindblast anyway. It's still the best option for randoms. in Arena mindbender might be better.
    I am sorry for the insanity users out there, but i realy hate it for pvp... i cant stand still for sucha long time. I hate it.
    It never blocked mind blast and it made movement heavy fights a bit less painful as you had an extra button to press on the move (sometimes).

  18. #58
    It's all very ridiculous. It was a simple change to have DP do all DoT damage and remove it;s burst, and maybe add haste scaling to MB. Done, and done. Blizzard, and esp. Ghostcrawler, is incompetent.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenjemin View Post
    Okay....well I guess I can start with the top guild on my server who did the same fight last night. Shadow priest 10th and 16th place.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-o3...?s=4261&e=4597

    Edit: And another top 50 west guild same fight, spriest lands 14th place.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/iayjr...um/damageDone/

    I'm not a huge advocate of simcraft much less obsessed with it, so don't just throw me in that category because I called one person out on generalizing shadow priests as being "just fine" based on a single parse on a fight with so many variables (as most heroic fights are).

    I was just wanting to point out that it seems shadow priests were actually viable for being a regular part of top 10 dps in 25m raids prior to the SW:P nerf. Now we're back where we've always been, an average at best dps class that has very little utility.

    So i went and took a look at the other logs you posted showing how bad we might be. The priest who is 14th place in dps on his raid is using FDCL and ToF for a single target fight with burn phases. Do I need to explain why his DPS was lowest? He was also using Divine star on a fight where we can often be >20 yards from the boss. Another single target DPS loss.

    The first priest you linked who was in the middle of the pack in his raid used the same talents as me. MF:I, PI and Halo. Looking at the fight tho he used PI 3 times compared to my two times. Both fights lasted about 5:35 meaning the most you could use PI was 3 times if used on the pull or within 40 seconds. The fact that he was able to use it three times leads me to believe that he did not line his PIs up with the 40% damage buff you get during the fight. This can lead to a major DPS loss.

    http://raidbots.com/comparebot/51423...0005e0#summary
    A great tool to use when comparing yourself with others on similar fights.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogling View Post
    Shadow single target DPS seems fine right now. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9365&e=9710

    Heroic kill from last night, only really got beaten by tanks and rogues.
    We are always more competitive on fights with damage increasing buffs.

    Anyone got a meg log?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •