Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Our shadow priest is rocking meters so far, is it because multi DoT? Of course, be glad you got something to shine on...balance druids and Ele sham are off a lot worse.

Our ele shaman rocked Ji'Kun and Meg last night, we don't have a boomkin in our 25 so can't speak for them.

I'm interested to see how shadow will stack up once everyone starts getting alot of T15H gear, we always do ok in normals then get owned when the other classes get heroic gear except for a few select fights (Elegon for example).

10+ Year Old Account
    After two nights of raiding in my guild I'm happy with my DPS. Sitting at about 80k ST alongside our hunter and mage who are around the same gear as me. I don't know how this is going to compare once we start clearing through ToT (currently killing the first boss then going HoF/ToES to gear people out), but right now I'm not as sad as I was when I first saw the hotfix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

Deleted
    I'm generally topping the meters in 10 man normals at the moment, interested to see how it changes as we gear up. In T14 I was top of the meters early on and then started to slide down as gear improved.

Pretty sure with Twizzcast interview with Ghostcrawler they were talking about Shadow preist namely when GC said

Raid, Item, and Class Balance

Some players overreact when they see numbers like a 25% reduction to one spell that only makes up 10% of their damage overall. This ends up in a few percentage adjustment to a class's DPS.

umm My SWP intial damage and dot is more then 10% of my dps and and GC obviously doesn't play a Shadow P or even bother to really look fully into us so what if mages where doing middle of the pack for once and shadow was finally one of the top for aoe not the top but up ther, so Shadow P get nerfed and mages get buffed. And not to mention Shadow P were still barely average with single target damage. and Locks aren't looking so well off any more to with there recent nerfs to

Shadow single target is rock bottom of the pile. Multitarget it is competitive but only if you don't care about what you're dpsing and you're padding the meters. The truth is that Shadow right now is absolutely useless. It doesn't bring any unique irreplaceable utility to the raid and it can't burn down priority targets. So even in the fights that it's supposed to excel, it really doesn't. I'm talking about heroic modes here obviously and actual progression. If you're in a shit guild doing normals, whatever.

As a mage the only thing that didn't quite make sense about this and his logic is the fact that if they were doing fine on single target before why wasn't this nerf to sw: p followed with a buff to one of your single target spells that isn't a dot?

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    As a mage the only thing that didn't quite make sense about this and his logic is the fact that if they were doing fine on single target before why wasn't this nerf to sw: p followed with a buff to one of your single target spells that isn't a dot?
    Because buffing Mind Blast would make it OP in PVP apparently and switching Devouring Plague to a full dot so it scales better with haste would be too much math for them for a spec they don't care about apparently. And with SW:I, buffing Mind Flay is out of the question anymore because it would upset talent balance. Basically the spec is screwed from every angle and requires a complete revamp.

So they're just lazy then. They could give Mind Blast a PvP coefficient just like they did to Frost Bomb and since they don't like doing that often they'd rather just leave you in a mess. Awesome amount of care they're showing

I can't believe how some are you are ok with the damage you do I mean seriously? The week before we got nerfed we actually did decent on multi target! It may have been a bit over the top but nothing game breaking. I mean the way some of these fights were designed shadow should be shining with a very high uptime of ToF. Our single target was actually decent tbh I was surprised that buff actually helped as much as did.

The following week the mages I play with are topping multitarget fights with nether tempest and ofcourse back on the top damage. This week I was barely able to keep up with our mages dps. I also got my 2 piece t15 from last week my dots rarely gets the added tick. =/ Also I noticed only 4 shadow apparitions not the 10.

Oh yeah back to middle =( seen our locks took a bad hit too. This is on 25m normal mode stuff but still.

I for one hated playing my spriest in 5.1 and just figured they would fix us in 5.2 but nada very sad here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I can't say I miss the game at all right now. After reading how things are with SPriests in 5.2, I don't think I want to come back. Sad as it is, I miss the game, but not most of the BS that has come along with this class and spec.

I'm disgusted at the amount of whining coming from the priest forums. We're in a fine spot. For 99.9% of you, the nerfs will mean nothing as you aren't on a top 10 in the world and you will still be raiding and even then spriests aren't losing their spots.
    If there is one thing I would take out of the game it would be DPS meter addons like recount and skada. Get over your epeen and focus on killing goddamn bosses. I promise you failing at the mechanics matters more to your dps than a 25% nerf to SW:P.

Yes the only thing we need our damage for is obtaining raidspots! Bosses will get dizzy if you move right, then trip and spill all their loot (unless you are in a top 10 in the world raid) just as they do for Clebane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    I'm disgusted at the amount of whining coming from the priest forums. We're in a fine spot. For 99.9% of you, the nerfs will mean nothing as you aren't on a top 10 in the world and you will still be raiding and even then spriests aren't losing their spots.
    If there is one thing I would take out of the game it would be DPS meter addons like recount and skada. Get over your epeen and focus on killing goddamn bosses. I promise you failing at the mechanics matters more to your dps than a 25% nerf to SW:P.
    Lol. This made my stressful day go away. Thanks for the laughter sir.

You seriously think your pve achievements justify these laughable comments? Yes, at the level YOU are playing, being not entirely bad is more important than your dps throughput. That's irrelevant to the class' numerous weaknesses.

We're on 7/13 25M Heroic progression and still raid with 3 Shadow priest on most fights.
    Right now exept for Jin rok where we were bad but since it was a free loot it doesn't meant anything, we are pretty good.
    In Horridon, council and Tortos our multidot capabilities put us in a good place, on Megaera and durumu our AoE place us in a decent spot and on ki kun well I don't know how we avoided benching on this one. we're currently working on Primordius and are competitive in the top 5 recount.

Don't have pulled the other boss in Heroic Yet, I really fear the last batch because it's mostly single target with a lot of movement, and we will probably suck at it.

So we're not really doomed or anything, with the perfect fight for us (horridon) we can still get the first place in meters, and the others fight so far aren't bad for us either.
    Still a little sad they haven't addressed our movement dps issue, because with the LGM and a snapshoted pain, I will really feel bad when the only option for me to do when moving would be to glyph shadow word death to get one gcd and then either shield or some crap like renew or PoM...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halda View Post
    Still a little sad they haven't addressed our movement dps issue, because with the LGM and a snapshoted pain, I will really feel bad when the only option for me to do when moving would be to glyph shadow word death to get one gcd and then either shield or some crap like renew or PoM...
    Best option is to Body and Soul or Angelic Feather or Rocket Boots to your next destination - all that we can do though in those situations
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumzz View Post
    umm My SWP intial damage and dot is more then 10% of my dps and and GC obviously doesn't play a Shadow P or even bother to really look fully into us so what if mages where doing middle of the pack for once and shadow was finally one of the top for aoe not the top but up ther, so Shadow P get nerfed and mages get buffed. And not to mention Shadow P were still barely average with single target damage. and Locks aren't looking so well off any more to with there recent nerfs to
    Um, is your SW:P really that high? It shouldn't be. Around 15% of damage is normal for SW:P, higher than that and you're probably losing dps (only real exception to this is where you're spreading a lot of SW:P to fish for DI procs).

Halda speaks a lot of sense on this thread. We're not in that bad a spot currently. Despite all the doom-mongering about being flat last (which seems based on a patchwerk sim, not real data), we're actually high up on most fights this tier. I'd still like better on the move damage as that's our largest weakness, but other than that we're not suffering.

15+ Year Old Account
    World First racers still running 4-5 warlocks on most fights.

1 Spriest too, goodie!
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.