Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Race for world firsts getting too serious? (the use of stims)

So, there is a leak about preparing for the progression from Blood Legion forums going around which has some disturbing information in it:

http://pastebin.com/6sNu31hX

Especially the following part:
    "*If you plan on taking Adderall or some sort of amphetamine or amphetamine-derivative at any point, you need to make an extra effort to stay hydrated and properly fed. CNS stimulants of this sort speed metabolism and suppress appetite, which means that the tendancy is to "burn" more energy and take in less."

Is this really what WoW-progression raiding has come to? How widespread is this phenomenon and is it really required? Should there be anti-dope action from Blizzards side?
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-03-19 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinatus View Post
    Should there be anti-dope action from Blizzards side?
    they won't but how exactly would they do that? lol come to your house and test your piss in-between pulls?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Check logs for mention of dope usage, take action if found.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    they won't but how exactly would they do that? lol come to your house and test your piss in-between pulls?

if ppl are so shortsighted as to possibly cause themselves health issues over a video game then they deserve whatever they get imo

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    lol Imagine that. Middle of a pull when you hear a knock at the door. It's Bashiok standing there with a little cup asking you to give him a sample.

Race for world firsts is a competition. You have to do whatever can give you and your team an edge I guess.

I dont see an issue with this. He said IF they take it, be safe about it. Its not like they require people to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    some people will do whatever it takes to win

Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    I dont see an issue with this. He said IF they take it, be safe about it. Its not like they require people to do it.
    the fact they have to write that indicates there is prolly a good % of them doing it or pressuring new memebrs into doing it as well...

i think people should mind their own business. if you wanna be the best you have to cross lines, or you will NEVER be the best. when the difference in you and your competition is the lengths you'll all go to to win, you lose if you're Moral Mike

highest level of competition is NOT for Moral Mike. never has been. i don't take those drugs, don't want to, and don't want to compete at that level. if they want to, i have no problem with it at all

Sounds extreme but isn't that what hardcore guilds are all about? Besides, as waffle stated, Blizzard can't do anything about it. I mean it's Adderall not crack cocaine.

That whole thing is pretty retarded to read, tbh. Not even pro athletes or virtuosos do anything remotely close to that. It really does show that the world first race is nothing more than how much more time you can put in compared to someone else - to the point where you have to sacrifice your rest and personal health to do so. Not sure why everyone is so hang up on who gets first at all. There's really nothing impressive about it from what I can tell.

All this crap about how they get the rest of the tier off if they finish the fights early are false too - at least for a guild like Blood Legion. They spend all their time during the tier gearing up their 6+ alt groups every week. Blood Legion was still gearing up alts the week before 5.2 came out. There is no rest or break for them. It's just constant WoW close to 24/7/365.

Deleted
    Could be true, Could be not. Right now it's just text without any proof that this is from one of BL officers. May aswell be from a douchebag that likes to troll BL.

If it's legit: they already plan to invest gigantic ammounts of time into the game the next couple of days, so it wouldn't harm making a schedule when to eat etc etc (heck, me and my friends do that aswell when we take a weekend off from wives and kids and nerd-LAN until we drop). Taking dope to keep you up though is a whole different story that seems rather sad. Would be a better idea to just plan 30 minute breaks between every few hours and just sleep / excercise in that time.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because he knows that some of his guildies do it, and is just encouraging them to be safe about it IF they're going to do it. Obviously they shouldn't be doing that though.

That said, this isn't a new thing. Might be new for WoW (doubt it) but people have sadly been doing it for years in other games .. Mostly competitive games though. League, StarCraft, Random FPS game of the moment, etc. Really sad, but people do it.

hate to break it to you but a ton of people do this.. not just top guilds.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't be serious about anti doping, who really cares?

You can make my post out to be jealous or whatever but these are exactly the reasons why most of the general population of this game would never commit to a schedule like this for a video game. A few minutes of fame for a couple weeks of what I would call misery isn't exactly a great trade off, especially when you take it so serious that you start to cut out basic things that we as human beings need to live properly.

I really don't care what drugs people are hopped up on or how little they sleep or eat, I won't be doing because I value my health a bit more than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    -reads the whole link- soo cause of that small bit in a page which is literally probably what and health doctor would tell you ...you found the mentions of drugs and think its over the top...

Deleted
    Blood legion trying too hard. Anyway it's 12hc progress, thus it's likely/hopefully going to take weeks. You will sleep every night and only time I'd imagine people using anything is when they push 6 extra hours to get some final kill. Method and paragon both killed sha like 6am-8am after raiding for like 16h and you're pretty fucking tired at that point.

That said, this isn't a new thing. Might be new for WoW (doubt it) but people have sadly been doing it for years in other games .. Mostly competitive games though. League, StarCraft, Random FPS game of the moment, etc. Really sad, but people do it.
    I can sort of understand it for games like LoL, starcraft 2, dota 2 etc with huge tournaments and millions of dollars on the line sometimes. They make quite a bit from that. There is also a very impressive amount of skill that goes into it - whether you respect what they do or not, you can't deny the skill factor in those games.

WoW though? There's no skill (in b4 flame) to raiding 24/7 against a scripted encounter till all 25 members of your group who are undergeared learn to execute the fight as a team. That's just dedication. While dedication itself is impressive, that is not skill at all. There is no finesse to it. Not to mention they are probably making peanuts from it IF they stream. I highly doubt anyone sponsors a WoW raiding guild and pays them a whole ton of money.

There is literally no upside to being a world first WoW guild except the...glory (?) of fanboys on the forums cheering for you. Is that worth it for all the sacrifices they make? Not in my opinion. There's plenty of other better games where you can toss your entire life into and actually make something from it - WoW is not one of them.

This is pathetic and also very hilarious to read regardless of the truth behind it. Truly, raiding is serious business.

This is also simply the internet at hand. If it wasn't happening in this game, there'd be another online game. There's ALWAYS SOMEONE like this.

Yeah I see no issue here, They addressed many different ways to go about being able to raid very efficiently without taking drugs, then had a section on how to be safe taking drugs to help keep yourself going.

If anything I would consider it a good thing someone said it before they had a raider take them or something else and get fucked up because they didn't know how to go about it safely.