Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The amount of people who take things completely out of context is quite comical. If any of you have wondered why you shouldn't base judgement or draw conclusions from knowing very little about the actual subject at hand, this is why.

For the record, I have never even been drunk, done any type drugs, or anything harmful for my body outside of taking assloads of caffeine intake while I was deployed to Iraq in 2006 during my tenure in the Marine Corps.

I have literally only consumed one sip of alcohol at any point and time in my life (29yrs old). Check it out on youtube if you wish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnZwthjwGi8

Anyways, I say that just to give you some background on my main point:

After seeing a seven page thread, I felt the need to make this post because of how misinformed people seem to be about the entire situation. Yes, we have a couple of people in the guild who take Adderall (for various reasons), but by no means does that make them some type of drug addict. Nor does it mean everyone in the guild is a drug addict or that this is some type of stupid mandate. Just because someone leaked a post on our forums that has Nodozz and Shina (med school student) explaining to make sure those people are hydrated; that doesn't mean people need to take it completely out of context.

We push ourselves to be the best, but at no point is it going to be something ridiculous like requiring people to use 'stims'. I push myself out of 100% pure self motivation and desire to do something I enjoy.

I realize people want to grasp a hold of any straws or drama they can grab and run with it as far as possible, but at some point it just gets ridiculous.

Hopefully that clear things up a bit. If not, oh well, at least you read the accurate side of the story. Thanks for your time.

-Riggs
    Last edited by rigginsbear; 2013-03-14 at 01:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you read that on its own out of context, you find it disturbing, as i did. Then i though that, at the end of the day, their style of playing to manage to be top guilds is totally different from ours: playing non stop trying to kill something before anyone else, preparing in advance everything possible. This is not something i will ever do, because to me WoW is an hobby and it has to stay fun otherwise i would stop playing. But for these people "fun" is only if they kill something before everyone else.

All this being said, if i put myself in his place i would be pissed as well if when the day of the new raid comes and i find people imprepared to stay there from start to end.
    What he is suggesting is also to be prepared IRL to be there raiding and have only quick breaks, which can be done if you plan in advance (preparing food to warm up etc etc).

To compare it to "our" type of playing, i'm well pissed when you have a raid at 20pm until midnight and there is always someone late for no good reason, having a longer break because "he had to go to the shop" or other reasons that interrupt and slow down the raid, causing simply annoyance to the fellow guildmates or even distress and frustration (when many things happen the same night). Then your 4/3 hours fun becomes lesser and you accomplish nothing and you feel like you need to play Carmageddon to kill something :P
    Last edited by Krob; 2013-03-14 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    Nobody's realized it's a joke yet? Okay.

As much as I'd love to start a flame fest over being all up in arms about people choosing to do what they want with their own bodies I'll avoid doing so.

Blizzard cannot regulate this lets be real here. Why should I care if someone goes and takes stims for a pull? At the end of the day this is a trivial argument over choice to do with ones body what one pleases.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by rigginsbear View Post
    The amount of people who take things completely out of context is quite comical. If any of you have wondered why you shouldn't base judgement or draw conclusions from knowing very little about the actual subject at hand, this is why.

For the record, I have never even been drunk, done any type drugs, or anything harmful for my body outside of taking assloads of caffeine intake while I was deployed to Iraq in 2006 during my tenure in the Marine Corps.

I have literally only consumed one sip of alcohol at any point and time in my life (29yrs old). Check it out on youtube if you wish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnZwthjwGi8

Anyways, I say that just to give you some background on my main point:

After seeing a seven page thread, I felt the need to make this post because of how misinformed people seem to be about the entire situation. Yes, we have a couple of people in the guild who take Adderall (for various reasons), but by no means does that make them some type of drug addict. Nor does it mean everyone in the guild is a drug addict or that this is some type of stupid mandate. Just because someone leaked a post on our forums that has Nodozz and Shina (med school student) explaining to make sure those people are hydrated; that doesn't mean people need to take it completely out of context.

We push ourselves to be the best, but at no point is it going to be something ridiculous like requiring people to use 'stims'. I push myself out of 100% pure self motivation and desire to do something I enjoy.

I realize people want to grasp a hold of any straws or drama they can grab and run with it as far as possible, but at some point it just gets ridiculous.

Hopefully that clear things up a bit. If not, oh well, at least you read the accurate side of the story. Thanks for your time.

-Riggs

Thanks for coming in here and making this post. Hopefully it will reduce the amount of bitching people are doing.

Also, grats on the 7 AM (EST) Heroic Durumu kill. World First, you can do it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeginNoslen View Post
    Just what I expect from DOPE Legion.
    Made my day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treekodar View Post
    Nobody's realized it's a joke yet? Okay.
    Check the post 3 posts above your own.

Im doing it wrong, Ive been pounding beer during progression.

I intake caffeine in the form of coffee at work every morning and afternoon. 40 hour/week jobs getting too serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I can sort of understand it for games like LoL, starcraft 2, dota 2 etc with huge tournaments and millions of dollars on the line sometimes. They make quite a bit from that. There is also a very impressive amount of skill that goes into it - whether you respect what they do or not, you can't deny the skill factor in those games.

WoW though? There's no skill (in b4 flame) to raiding 24/7 against a scripted encounter till all 25 members of your group who are undergeared learn to execute the fight as a team. That's just dedication. While dedication itself is impressive, that is not skill at all. There is no finesse to it. Not to mention they are probably making peanuts from it IF they stream. I highly doubt anyone sponsors a WoW raiding guild and pays them a whole ton of money.

There is literally no upside to being a world first WoW guild except the...glory (?) of fanboys on the forums cheering for you. Is that worth it for all the sacrifices they make? Not in my opinion. There's plenty of other better games where you can toss your entire life into and actually make something from it - WoW is not one of them.
    So true. Word!

I thought it was funny how they referred to vodka as shitka.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the sugar comments, just from a general health perspective-- nothing to do with gaming or stims.

Sugar is a bad idea, you just don't need it unless you're going to go run a 5k race or something. I keep sugar extremely low in my diet, only getting carbs from organic whole wheat, etc.

You'll find cutting the sugar (soda!!!) will go a long way to helping you in every day life.

If it's good enough for Terran Marines, it's good enough for raiders!

Drug are bad, m'kay. You shouldn't do drugs, m'kay.

If to get an edge over your fellow raider you need to take a stimulant, I think it's gone a bit far.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Hey look! Something to freak out about for no reason and take the moral/intellectual high ground and judge a bunch of people taking recreational drugs that people take everyday.

<shrug>

Let them ruin their bodies over this, if they like. Their exhaustion on video games will only mean the next generation is that much weaker, and we older guys are that much stronger.

During my 6 years or so of WoW, i've always been confounded as to where this great need for energy/stimulation comes from when ultimately, you're sat at your computer chair tapping keys. It's one of the least strenuous past-times I can think of, and at worst i've drank Coke whilst playing WoW at times; but that was for the taste more than anything.

Deleted
    well the world first race people are already pretty pathetic

if you aint doping you aint trying right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by featser View Post
    well the world first race people are already pretty pathetic

if you aint doping you aint trying right?
    Could you please tell me the difference between using Red Bull, extreme amounts of caffeine (in whatever form), and what you call doping. I assume you are talking about stuff like fenethylline (also known as captagon). Well students tend to consume those while pulling all nighters, truck drivers were using those as well when having to drive long distance, etc ... in some countries it's only available when your doctor prescribes it for you, in other countries it's available w/o a prescription (and honestly you can't use the latter for consecutive nights, as you will quickly reach a point where you have to recover from it; same reasons why students using captagon to pull all nighters for their 1st exam will usually suffer from repercussions when doing their next exams, i.e. it's only good as a last resort for you last one).

But in essence it's exactly the same as drinking red bull/a ton of coffee: you consume an amount of something that you normally wouldn't consume to that extend, with the idea to keep your focus much longer. The only difference is perception, because the idea behind consuming it is exactly the same.

Labelling that as pathetic is intellectually dishonest in my book.
    Last edited by zenga; 2013-03-15 at 06:04 PM.

Deleted
    Most people don't care who gets the world first, it's such a non-achievement in the grand scheme of things.

high chance its been said, but this is nothing new..
    I dont think any of the world first guilds are really sponsored now, but i know back in BC days (i believe death and taxes was sponsored by prima and helped write their guides) it was a well known thing that a lot of high end players used things to help them stay focused. I'd be shocked to find out high end starcraft players didnt use the same thing.