Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    These world first raiders put insane amounts of time and effort into the game because that's how they like playing. If that's what they enjoy then good for them. I personally wouldn't enjoy that at all but that doesn't mean I think they're stupid or lame or something. To each their own.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 06:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Because world firsts used to be a 30-40 hours per week deal.. now it has doubled in recent years to insanely unhealthy levels.
    30-40 hrs solid raiding is sane and healthy?

Anyway, the number of bosses alone has doubled the last two tiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    Meh. I think it's a waste of time to be going for world firsts for raiding. You gain little to nothing from it and there's not much to be gained from actually getting world first except a bragging right that means little to nothing when you get older, if not it's semi shameful to have spent such an exorbitant amount of time on something that literally will not exist in the future due to it being an MMO where the servers will one day be shut down.
    100 years from now you and everyone you know will be dead and gone, what's the point in doing anything at all?

It seems like I'll have to scan my prescription so I can be ready to send it to Blizzard next time I join a hardcore progress guild...

You guys are cute.

Its their lives, their bodies. I don't support the idea of using such substances, however its sad to think they are willing to push themselves so hard. Though I guess if you really want something you'll make whatever sacrifice you can to achieve it.
    twitch.tv/lerris15

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I honestly don't understand why people have bad things to say about this;they are giving extremely good advice and not telling anyone to specifically use the stimulants, but just notifying the precautions to take if you will be using such procedures.
    Extremely good advice would be: "if you think about using that - don't, if we find out, we'll gkick". THAT is the only extremely good advice.

Do you call charts that show where are speed radars placed so you can go speeding without being caught "extremely good advice" too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    #1 or die trying
    Exactly, they get money for being no. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    These world first raiders put insane amounts of time and effort into the game because that's how they like playing. If that's what they enjoy then good for them. I personally wouldn't enjoy that at all but that doesn't mean I think they're stupid or lame or something. To each their own.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 06:41 AM ----------

30-40 hrs solid raiding is sane and healthy?

Anyway, the number of bosses alone has doubled the last two tiers.
    OH MY GOD.. 30-40 hours ?! Wouldn't they be able to develop carpal tunnel? :-\ That doesn't sound healthy...

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Exactly, they get money for being no. 1

Not anymore- There is no more money made in wow when your #1/ sure you can sell runs for cash which a few guilds do, but u dont have to be no#1 for that. I know persoanlly Envy-eu makes tons of cash from sell runs ( thousands of euros, no lies) , but there is no legitimate money left to be made in wow if your #1.

I didn't realize the prescriptions some of our raiders take was any business of the peanut gallery. The fact that we have a 9 page thread of what basically amounts to amateur medical advice based solely on biased assumptions about our guild is honestly ridiculous to the point where I'm surprised no mods have stepped in.

Just because someone's taking adderall doesn't mean they're abusing it to stay awake; they take it because when they don't, they do stupid things like get distracted and proxy pull consorts two pulls in a row. People are welcome to hate us for whatever irrational reasons they choose, but we certainly don't deserve the special brand of vitriol reserved for doping athletes.
    Last edited by Maladi; 2013-03-19 at 08:40 AM.

We will just pretend Blizzard could know if players were or were not using any drugs. If some how in this fantasy land they could tell and started to ban players that used any drugs in this case legal ones. They would have almost nobody left. Would I take any sort of drugs to be better at a game, hell no, do I care if others pump their bodies full of shit, not really.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 01:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidog View Post
    Not anymore- There is no more money made in wow when your #1/ sure you can sell runs for cash which a few guilds do, but u dont have to be no#1 for that. I know persoanlly Envy-eu makes tons of cash from sell runs ( thousands of euros, no lies) , but there is no legitimate money left to be made in wow if your #1.
    Direct cash maybe not, but many of the players are sponsored on youtube and things like that. The better they do in pve or pvp means more viewers and as a result more sponsor money and interest.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    thank god paragon dont use steroids

Lot of casuals in this thread who don't really know the game of wow all that much. 30-40 hours a week's a lot? Pretty standard game time during vanilla/BC

edit: i mean total game time, not just raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Lot of casuals in this thread who don't really know the game of wow all that much. 30-40 hours a week's a lot? Pretty standard game time during vanilla/BC

edit: i mean total game time, not just raiding.
    Yep. If you get a heart attack from hearing that some guys are playing 30-40 hours a week, you shouldn't hear about the top 5 raid guild's progress schedule. Their schedule is closer to 15-20 hours a day.

Well, if there's suddenly a fatality among the BL roster, we at least now know the true reason. This is insane.

How is this anyone's business but the players involved? It's their choice and their right to fuck up their bodies in pursuit of whatever is important to them. If you don't like it then don't pay attention to it.

Jesus, when did "mind your own fucking business" go out of style? You guys sound like a bunch of tabloid wannabes.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

I remember when the Nintendo Wii was coming out, and a co-worker decided to go wait in line overnight for it. A fellow co-worker looked at him and said "You go and do that. Meanwhile I'll be at home... sleeping... in my warm bed... with my wife..."
    You co-worker sounds like a fucking dick.

Off topic. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-03-19 at 01:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    A fellow co-worker looked at him and said "You go and do that. Meanwhile I'll be at home... sleeping... in my warm bed... with my wife..."
    Depending on his wife, I'm not sure who got the better deal.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    OH MY GOD.. 30-40 hours ?! Wouldn't they be able to develop carpal tunnel? :-\ That doesn't sound healthy...
    You clearly have no idea.

In many jobs it's not unusual to sit behind a pc 8-10 hours per day, and do some work on Saturday as well. That's close to 60 hours per week, easily.

With a good quality/well-positioned screen, mouse, keyboard, chair and desk, and some physical exercise outside working hours, spending that amount of time behind a pc is perfectly healthy - especially if you do it only a few weeks per year.

People in these top guilds take a week off from work when a new expansion is released, so they have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    Depending on his wife, I'm not sure who got the better deal.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 12:39 PM ----------

You clearly have no idea.

In many jobs it's not unusual to sit behind a pc 8-10 hours per day, and do some work on Saturday as well. That's close to 60 hours per week, easily.

With a good quality/well-positioned screen, mouse, keyboard, chair and desk, and some physical exercise outside working hours, spending that amount of time behind a pc is perfectly healthy - especially if you do it only a few weeks per year.

People in these top guilds take a week off from work when a new expansion is released, so they have time.
    How do you ask off for work for such a thing?
    Do you just say "Hey I need a 2 week vacation" and lie about what you'll be doing
    or do you say,

"Hey Mr. Boss Man I need to take 1-2 weeks off so I can stay up for 24+ hours straight, 7 days a week with short intermittent breaks for food and drink all the while I'll be encountering internet dragons that will take us hours to kill each one, once dead they will drop pixels of loot for my character that mean absolutely nothing IRL other than personal addiction fulfillment and doesn't assist me in paying my bills - which is the reason I work for you, to pay my bills while divulging myself in an internet realm once a tier to get world first achievements that with a swift pull of the plug could be gone forever if blizzard ever decided to do away with the game, that I play."

Obviously said person asking wouldn't have near shit grammar like I do, but you get my point.
    I think its a bit ridiculous to consume content like this - I don't see how it benefits you.
    Sure you might get a sponsor from a gaming company or paid to go to an e-sports conference, but is it really worth it?