Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

I remember when the Nintendo Wii was coming out, and a co-worker decided to go wait in line overnight for it. A fellow co-worker looked at him and said "You go and do that. Meanwhile I'll be at home... sleeping... in my warm bed... with my wife..."
    You co-worker sounds like a fucking dick.

Off topic. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-03-19 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    A fellow co-worker looked at him and said "You go and do that. Meanwhile I'll be at home... sleeping... in my warm bed... with my wife..."
    Depending on his wife, I'm not sure who got the better deal.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    OH MY GOD.. 30-40 hours ?! Wouldn't they be able to develop carpal tunnel? :-\ That doesn't sound healthy...
    You clearly have no idea.

In many jobs it's not unusual to sit behind a pc 8-10 hours per day, and do some work on Saturday as well. That's close to 60 hours per week, easily.

With a good quality/well-positioned screen, mouse, keyboard, chair and desk, and some physical exercise outside working hours, spending that amount of time behind a pc is perfectly healthy - especially if you do it only a few weeks per year.

People in these top guilds take a week off from work when a new expansion is released, so they have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    Depending on his wife, I'm not sure who got the better deal.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 12:39 PM ----------

You clearly have no idea.

In many jobs it's not unusual to sit behind a pc 8-10 hours per day, and do some work on Saturday as well. That's close to 60 hours per week, easily.

With a good quality/well-positioned screen, mouse, keyboard, chair and desk, and some physical exercise outside working hours, spending that amount of time behind a pc is perfectly healthy - especially if you do it only a few weeks per year.

People in these top guilds take a week off from work when a new expansion is released, so they have time.
    How do you ask off for work for such a thing?
    Do you just say "Hey I need a 2 week vacation" and lie about what you'll be doing
    or do you say,

"Hey Mr. Boss Man I need to take 1-2 weeks off so I can stay up for 24+ hours straight, 7 days a week with short intermittent breaks for food and drink all the while I'll be encountering internet dragons that will take us hours to kill each one, once dead they will drop pixels of loot for my character that mean absolutely nothing IRL other than personal addiction fulfillment and doesn't assist me in paying my bills - which is the reason I work for you, to pay my bills while divulging myself in an internet realm once a tier to get world first achievements that with a swift pull of the plug could be gone forever if blizzard ever decided to do away with the game, that I play."

Obviously said person asking wouldn't have near shit grammar like I do, but you get my point.
    I think its a bit ridiculous to consume content like this - I don't see how it benefits you.
    Sure you might get a sponsor from a gaming company or paid to go to an e-sports conference, but is it really worth it?